21
   

The return of Jesus would be the end of Christianity.

 
 
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:18 am
I am starting to think that these forums are a real waste of time. How is it that all of the non-believers are all attracted to the Christian and religious threads? If I were an atheist or a non-believer in Jesus I would not even bother writing anything in these threads. However, it appears that since they are non- believers they either have to get involved for the contentious factor or perhaps they are just still unsure what they do believe. I challenge anyone who writes in this forum to have a desire to learn and not just be cantankerous.

You may actually learn something.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:19 am
@worldtraveler24,
Your challenge is meaningless. People participate as they wish regardless of people like you!
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone ,

What is that supposed to mean? Are you the regulator of the thread? Please enlighten me of that which you speak!
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:31 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

I am starting to think that these forums are a real waste of time. How is it that all of the non-believers are all attracted to the Christian and religious threads? If I were an atheist or a non-believer in Jesus I would not even bother writing anything in these threads. However, it appears that since they are non- believers they either have to get involved for the contentious factor or perhaps they are just still unsure what they do believe. I challenge anyone who writes in this forum to have a desire to learn and not just be cantankerous.

You may actually learn something.


Why don't you take your own challenge, WT?

You might learn...if you stop keeping your mind closed...and being so cantankerous.
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Frank, Frank,

Here we go again with your perceived mythology and what we believe versus what is real and what you can feel, touch and see.


I have taken my own challenge. I try hard to write edifying posts but for some strange reason I keep getting a lot of flak from the peanut gallery!
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:54 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Frank, Frank, Frank,


Yes, worldtraveler24, worldtraveler24, worldtraveler24.


Quote:
Here we go again with your perceived mythology and what we believe versus what is real and what you can feel, touch and see.


Could be...unless you are able to exclude people who do not buy into your fables and fairytales and all that kind of stuff that makes things go bump in the night.

Good luck with that...although I can just about promise you it will not work.



Quote:

I have taken my own challenge. I try hard to write edifying posts...


You have not been particularly successful. None of your posts that I have read reach even close to "edifying."

Quote:
...
but for some strange reason I keep getting a lot of flak from the peanut gallery!


Perhaps it is because you consider people who disagree with you to be part of a peanut gallery...or perhaps it is because you are not nearly as "edifying" as you suppose.

Now...stop being so presumptuous...take your own advice...and perhaps things will start to go better for you.



worldtraveler24
 
  0  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Smile thanks for those enlightening words Lord Thomas Hobbes
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:13 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Smile thanks for those enlightening words Lord Thomas Hobbes


No problem.

Now, stop being presumptuous...and cocky...and get down to discussion. We may be able to enlighten you even more.
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hummmm let's see... cocky? Is not that the nick name for the State Bird in Delaware? Oh no, that is the Blue Hen...sorry!
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:13 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Hummmm let's see... cocky? Is not that the nick name for the State Bird in Delaware? Oh no, that is the Blue Hen...sorry!


No problem...and no need to apologize. Anyone can make a dumb mistake.

Now, stop being presumptuous...and cocky...and evasive...and get down to discussion.

We may be able to enlighten you even more.
0 Replies
 
Arcades
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:19 pm
Sorry my friend, even though religion will not be rid from humanity it will be necessarily, survalistically surpassed by the race. Your lucky religion has come to mean so much to so many unknowing people in the twenty first century. If only we could get to people before religion gets to them more times than not.
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:31 pm
@Arcades,
and what would you teach them?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:34 pm
@Arcades,
Arcades wrote:

Sorry my friend, even though religion will not be rid from humanity it will be necessarily, survalistically surpassed by the race. Your lucky religion has come to mean so much to so many unknowing people in the twenty first century. If only we could get to people before religion gets to them more times than not.



Not sure why the babble, Arcades, but there is no answer in this mass of words. I will acknowledge that they all seem to be English words...and there is structure that makes it seem like sentences are there, but it is all over the place.

Is there some reason you do not want to actually discuss the issues...rather than do that pretentious pontificating you were into earlier?

Let's discuss this thing.

You say you know what the true nature of the REALITY of existence is...and you know how to "manipulate it."

You do a very poor job of communicating about the issue...and I am trying to understand you...to see if you are on to something...or simply on something. I want to take it slowly and systematically...so it can be understood.

Answer my previous question. It is a logical, meaningful, reasonable, and germane question.
0 Replies
 
mikeymojo
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 04:22 pm
@Arcades,
Arcades wrote:

Sorry my friend, even though religion will not be rid from humanity it will be necessarily, survalistically surpassed by the race. Your lucky religion has come to mean so much to so many unknowing people in the twenty first century. If only we could get to people before religion gets to them more times than not.


Ridiculous I say. Unless you plan to start kidnapping infants, your 'we' will never get to them before religion does. Most people's idea of religion is introduced by family, a family that wouldn't let you get near their kids. So good luck.
(Don't start kidnapping infants cuz WE will find you)
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 04:38 pm
@worldtraveler24,
You appear to be more inclined to attack with threats of hellfire than defend with the promise of the Good News. Could it be you don't truly understand that a loving God would never consign his creatures (including Satan) to infinite punishment as retribution for finite sin? And could it be that the good news of the kingdom Jesus spoke of refers to God's return to the purpose he first assigned to Adam and Eve?

Waste of time? Not when there are in excess of 10 readers for every post. As much as I may care for the naysayers who travel these threads, I am reassured knowing my message is being read by many I don't see.
0 Replies
 
Arcades
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 07:17 pm
@mikeymojo,
Lol
0 Replies
 
Arcades
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 07:38 pm
My writing has been called babble so many times that it should be a warning label on the cover of my book: contains big words declensed in unexpected ways . And sentence structure that is grammatically correct, but is not designed for the intellectually myopic. Wait I can fix this: pop culture references anyone? Mommsen was asked why his history of Rome was such a difficult read . He replied: because it was written for men, and not for boys.
edgarblythe
 
  4  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 07:42 pm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A6N3ubBXaYI/Umr-5_iT-iI/AAAAAAAACMk/2x0VuGiWoDs/s1600/ATHEIST.jpg
Germlat
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 09:06 pm
@Cyracuz,
Ever heard of the Mormons...they did just fine with the concept.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 10:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heh, heh
 

Related Topics

Is The Bible Just a Good Book? - Question by anthony1312002
What Is Wrong With Christmas Customs? - Discussion by anthony1312002
Do Christian lives matter? - Discussion by gungasnake
Satan (a discussion) - Question by Smileyrius
"Thy kingdom come". What's that about? - Question by neologist
Where are all the churches in the mist of this? - Discussion by reasoning logic
No God in Christianity - Question by Cyracuz
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/29/2023 at 07:13:29