The return of Jesus would be the end of Christianity.

mikeymojo

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:52 pm
@Baldimo,
What's wrong with 'a just another man' preaching good works and deeds to his fellow man? That's what man needs to do and what Biblical Jesus was proving! Biblical Jesus was showing Man that they don't need supernatural powers to prove that we too are the Son of God and can show it.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:19 pm
@mikeymojo,
The only reason Jesus of the Bible was listened too was because he was/claimed to be the Messiah. I'm not saying what he was doing is a bad thing, we could use more of it but there was more than Jesus just saying what he said. He had some "claim to fame" as it would be. Without that he wasn't "special" and wouldn't be coming back to let a people know they were screwing things up. His teachings were one thing. It was the rest of what he did that added validity to what he was saying and created his following. Walking on water, turning water into wine, curing people and the many other miracles he is reported to have done. These are what is suppose to separate him from the rest of the "men".
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:24 pm
@mikeymojo,
mikeymojo wrote:
. . . .modern Christians still have no clue as to why Biblical Jesus was on Earth in the first place. . . .
That may be true for nominal christians.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:50 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

mikeymojo wrote:
. . . .modern Christians still have no clue as to why Biblical Jesus was on Earth in the first place. . . .
That may be true for nominal christians.
Did u FORGET that "Christians" is supposed to be capitalized???
Procrustes

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:22 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Jesus would only be accepted in so far as he fulfilled the expectations Christians have of his return.

It might well be that a non religious person is willing to follow "the second coming of Jesus" but I guess what would that mean for the staunch faith of a Christian who has doubts?
Buttermilk

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:49 am
@Ragman,
How so? Unless your comment is based on Biblical revelation and that would acknowledge the validity of having faith!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 09:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Did u FORGET that "Christians" is supposed to be capitalized???
Nominal christians are not necessarily Christian
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:37 am
@Procrustes,
Good question.

What I find interesting to think about is what a person would do if he had to choose between his faith and his savior. Would the Christian fundamentalists of the modern United States follow Jesus if he came back as a gay Arab?
Even if he left no doubt as to who he really was, would these Christians be able to accept something their faith tells them to condemn? I'm pretty sure they would label him the anti-Christ.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:44 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Good question.

What I find interesting to think about is what a person would do if he had to choose between his faith and his savior. Would the Christian fundamentalists of the modern United States follow Jesus if he came back as a gay Arab?
Even if he left no doubt as to who he really was, would these Christians be able to accept something their faith tells them to condemn? I'm pretty sure they would label him the anti-Christ.

Many, I suspect, would have trouble with him even if he were what he actually was...a simple Jew who wandered the desert that is that area.
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:50 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Would the Christian fundamentalists of the modern United States follow Jesus if he came back as a gay Arab?

The westboro baptist church wouldn't.

Quote:
Even if he left no doubt as to who he really was, would these Christians be able to accept something their faith tells them to condemn?

If Jesus was a gay Arab but left no doubt he was Jesus, it's either a steep learning curve or join the westboro baptist church.
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:54 am
@Procrustes,
Steep learning curve indeed.
But we know from history that if there is anything people are bad at when it comes to religion, it is admitting that their beliefs are wrong. It's entirely understandable, since religious beliefs are often deeply rooted, and utterly entangled with the believer's emotional state, making the altering of these beliefs a traumatizing experience.
So would they abandon their faith if Jesus told them it was wrong?
Some would, of course. But more would simply tell themselves this new Jesus was a fraud.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:56 am
If Jesus walked the earth now I would crucify him twice. Not found of bad novels.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:29 pm
If Jesus is real, will he return from the cosmos as a all knowing beast man, or will be born as a angel baby here on Earth bringing Heaven, which is imagined.
neologist

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:31 pm
@MWal,
You should write a book
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 09:39 am
I'm not sure if anyone has said this on this thread but if Jesus was real and came back he might be in a psyche ward. Honestly, go to a psyche ward and ask around. I'm sure someone will claim they are Jesus.

Now it's just a matter of time before this post gets voted down...
MWal

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 09:57 am
@Procrustes,
It's the honest to God truth. Ever consider schizophrenic children are Gods blessing? Some are hurt by it, but that's because they are afraid of it. Without the light it's an illness, but when you know it's the truth. People respond to my thoughts, I have had messages sent to me from the Heavens. There is genuine hope for schizophrenics, and by that I mean all my telepaths.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 11:42 am
Quote:
Procrustes said: Go to a psyche ward and ask around. I'm sure someone will claim they are Jesus.

Yeah but can they walk the walk by doing miracles and stuff like him?..Smile
Procrustes

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 01:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Who knows. This whole thread is based on speculation.
Procrustes

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 01:22 pm
@Cyracuz,
I tend to agree with you. But it makes me wonder why would Jesus reveal himself as 'the Jesus' if he did come back?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 01:45 pm
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:
Who knows. This whole thread is based on speculation.
like almost every other thread
0 Replies