What is hell?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 08:49 am
@ossobuco,
He sounds like the Duke of Coffin Castle who punished people for speaking disrespectfully of sin.
0 Replies

InfraBlue
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 09:51 am
Hell would be having to live with nothing but a bunch of Bible thumpers forever.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 10:28 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Hell would be having to live with nothing but a bunch of Bible thumpers forever.
If there is consciousness forever, then the bible thumpers would be correct, right?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 10:42 am
@neologist,
No. You're discounting that there are other religions that could have the actual correct afterlife viewpoint. For all we know, the ancient Egyptians had it right.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2wn0l7d.jpg
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 10:46 am
@tsarstepan,
That would make Solomon right, that there is no consciousness after death. Laughing
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 11:44 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
If there is consciousness forever, then the bible thumpers would be correct, right?

Thanks for demonstrating perfectly that Infra Blue's concept of Hell is spot on.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 11:54 am
@izzythepush,
He did get the ribbon.
Not me
Not you
Not that other guy
Sigh! . . . Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 02:17 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
When she shops, she's not really with you...

I know you think you're clever, but the more you shoot your mouth off on this topic, the more you convince me that you don't really know women at all.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 04:00 pm
@Setanta,
Try to take yourself less seriously once in a while.
Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 06:04 pm
@Olivier5,
You should look in the mirror when delivering that advice.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 07:13 pm
@Setanta,
Tu quoque... Isn't that below you?

To come back to men and shopping, I understand that SOME shopping experiences can be very romantic, fun and/or fulfilling. One only has to think of Pretty Woman or Total Makeover... :-) But some of the guys whose pics were posted upthread were DECIDEDLY NOT feeling romantic.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 07:26 pm
@Olivier5,
Um. I take your point, and don't get why it is argued..
many seem to splurge in malls for the joy of it.
I haven't experienced it, but I take some of the flicks as likely.

I guess I'm an anti mall snot.

Is it not possible that people don't care about mall stuff?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 07:40 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't enjoy malls either. I hate big stores, and in general don't consider shopping a form of leisure... As I see it it's primarily a procurement process. Vade retro consumerism.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 07:54 pm
@Olivier5,
I'm odd, my interests in many cases is about how places work, and when I post my biases, those are my biases, perhaps for workaround.

But, since I didn't design a mall lately, I get to be nasty.

So, Mall as Hell.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 05:35 am
Well, we can add the tu quoque fallacy to the growing list of things Olive Tree claims to know about, but actually doesn't.

What's this photos "upthread" bullshit about? There are no photos in this thead. You obviously missed the point entirely. If one truly cares about someone else, one is not looking for one's personal gratification in all things, but will be gracious enough to do things that someone likes just because she likes them.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 05:36 am
By the way, a response has been selected and has been given the red ribbon. Well it deserves it, too.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 08:29 am
Quote:
InfraBlue said: Hell would be having to live with nothing but a bunch of Bible thumpers forever.

Or with Cliff Richard and his fans..
As for thumpers, relax mate they'll never make it through the pearlies-
Jesus said- "Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 10:13 am
@Setanta,
Rather, we can add the tu quoque fallacy as something you and first graders have in common.

I was talking of these pictures, linked to upthread:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/25-men-who-have-all-lost-the-battle-against-shopping

Quote:
If one truly cares about someone else, one is not looking for one's personal gratification in all things, but will be gracious enough to do things that someone likes just because she likes them.

My wife likes shopping whether or not I'm around... In fact, when I am around it gives her guilty pangs cause she knows i hate it, so she'd rather do it alone. I think that's healthy. In any case, it works for us.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 10:31 am
@Olivier5,
Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the tu quoque fallacy. I wasn't saying, "you too," i was saying you rather than me. I know that in your puerile mind such distinctions are mysterious.
kassidy564

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 12:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hell is the oppsite from heaven the owner of hell is the devil tho omg that scares me btw !!! always do good in life and you wont need to worry about what tht place rlly is:) but it has lots of fire and its very hot it is a place where drinkers/sinners/ non repenting or forgiving , ect! but!! if you do rlly good in life you will be with god and you will be surrounded by beautiful angel and jesus:)
0 Replies