American Beheaded As Payback For Abu Ghraib

PDiddie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:22 pm
This is the link for the video of the beheading:

http://www.soulsurvivors.net/Public/iraq2vediom.wmv

Clicking on the link opens the video in Windows Media Player. It's about 5 and 1/2 minutes long. Traffic is heavy and the link may not work the first time.

Do NOT click on the link if disturbing, graphic violence upsets you.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:22 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Right, I am supposed to be respectful of the people that would carry out such acts as these? I don't think so. They are Muslim, and they are scum.

I suppose terrorist scum would also be fitting.

As opposed to the presumably Christian scum who were torturing Muslim prisoners, perhaps?
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:24 pm
Deecups36 wrote:
Oh my God! I just got home and logged on to read this. How much more must we take of Bush's war in Iraq over nothing more than oil?

Only up until the proof arrives that Bush and Cheney were directly responsible for all of this and knew it was going on.

Once Bush has no more chance at the White House, we can leave.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:25 pm
Well that was certainly messy! Confused
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:30 pm
I don't know if they are christian or not. America supports a diverse religious community. In America you are not persecuted because of the religion you practice so the people responsible could have been any religion.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:01 pm
Jesus Christ, that video was disturbing.

I'm officially recinding my "homo sapien" membership card. I want nothing more to do with the human species. We're a lost cause.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:08 pm
I agree.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:08 pm
All in favour of becoming cats? Confused
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:11 pm
Hmmmmm - this sort of crap has been going on for thousands of years - as has the good stuff - comes with the card. Your card always meant that, Justanobserver - I wouldna be throwing it away - not sure what other cards you are eligible for - ya know?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:28 pm
That video . . . these people look at Americans as nothing more than animals. They can just chop a guy's head off with no sign of any human compassion. Wow. More than disturbing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:29 pm
People suck.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:59 pm
I haven't observed anything that bad since the nightly news during the Vietnam War. Great reminder that somethings never change, just names and locations.

dlowan,
I disagree with our card saying"Justanobserver." Some are particpants willing or otherwise. However, I'll play the hand I have. I drew a wild card five years that changed my life since. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:42 pm
The card which justanobserver was thinking of handing in was the one indicating membership in the human race. This was the membership I was cautioning against handing in. Justanobserver is a name!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:45 pm
That video is heartbreaking and disgusting. I think those men should be caught and executed along with the people giving the orders.

If it is true that American soldiers beat Iraqis to death they should be executed as well, along with those who gave and approved the orders.

As disgusting and heartbreaking as this video are people who think that if I find our soldiers committing murder as abhorrent as their soldiers committing murder that I am a terrorist sympathizer and somehow not as good an American as those who wish to minimize and excuse the actions of some of our people while damning those of others.

Best wake up and realize that we're all citizens of the world or we're up **** creek without a paddle. Everywhere in every country.

We are horribly divided on the watch of a man who sold himself as a uniter. I'm not buying.

Right now I would merely like to think about my sympathy for the family and friends of all these unnecessarily dead people.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:25 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
That video is heartbreaking and disgusting. I think those men should be caught and executed along with the people giving the orders.

If it is true that American soldiers beat Iraqis to death they should be executed as well, along with those who gave and approved the orders.

As disgusting and heartbreaking as this video are people who think that if I find our soldiers committing murder as abhorrent as their soldiers committing murder that I am a terrorist sympathizer and somehow not as good an American as those who wish to minimize and excuse the actions of some of our people while damning those of others.

Best wake up and realize that we're all citizens of the world or we're up **** creek without a paddle. Everywhere in every country.

We are horribly divided on the watch of a man who sold himself as a uniter. I'm not buying.

Right now I would merely like to think about my sympathy for the family and friends of all these unnecessarily dead people.

agree
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:32 pm
kickycan wrote:
That video . . . these people look at Americans as nothing more than animals. They can just chop a guy's head off with no sign of any human compassion. Wow. More than disturbing.

Their religion teaches them to, it has nothing to do with revenge or anything else.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:37 pm
And on and on it goes. "They're more inhuman." "No, THEY'RE more inhuman."

There has been ample inhumanity displayed on both sides, and in the name of God on both sides.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:49 pm
I'll pass on viewing the beheading. I nearly severed my thumb years ago while working as a drywaller...that's close enough.

Nor have I sought out the photos of Iraqi prisoners being tortured/degraded either.

There is no way out of all of this other than to uphold and to enforce such international rules as the Geneva Conventions. The US failure falls first upon Rumsfeld, for his derogations in words and in practice of those conventions.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:05 am
McGentrix wrote:
I am still awaiting the cries of outrage from the Arab world over this incident. Doesn't seem to be coming...

so, you are now happy that they are exactly same as you?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 06:56 am
Bi-Polar Bear:

I agree -- justice must be swift and hard for the people responsible for the beheading of the American, Michael Berg.

However, at what point do we say "enough?"

The US military tortures Iraqi prisoners, 70% to 90% were arrested and were wrongly imprisoned to begin with.

So, in response, pissed off Iraqis behead an American civilian.

Next, the US captures those who carried out the beheading.

Followed by another violent response by angry Iraqis targeting Americans.

The spiral just keeps growing and going. At some point, someone will need to step up to the plate and say "no more."
0 Replies