American Beheaded As Payback For Abu Ghraib

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:08 pm
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- An al Qaeda-linked Web site showed video Tuesday of a man who identified himself as an American and then was beheaded.

His captors said the United States refused to exchange him for prisoners in the Abu Ghraib prison.

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage for some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib and they refused," says a hooded man standing behind the American.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/11/iraq.main/index.html

At the beginning of the tape, the victim describes himself as Nicholas Berg from Pennsylvania.

"My name is Nic Berg. My father's name is Michael. My mother's name is Suzanne. I have a brother and a sister -- David and Sarah," says the man.

"I live in West Chester, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia."

He is then shown sitting in front of five hooded men. After the statement is read by one of the men, the victim is pushed to the floor and, amid his screams, his throat is cut. Finally, one of the captors holds up the man's severed head.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,220 • Replies: 119
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:11 pm
I hope they all receive the same treatment...oh, wait, no, they will instead be treated like prisoners and NOT beheaded. That is why we have a superior culture in America.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:15 pm
McGEntrix, you have no one to blame for this but your president, and yourself, for supporting him. Everything that Bush has done since 11th September has played right into OBL's hands. I'm actually surprised you didn't castigate him for screaming before being killed. I would have thought that you sould have scolded him for his cowardice! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:19 pm
hobitbob:

Fortunately, for civilized society, 73% believe the torture at Abu Ghraib was wrong.

It's the shadowy inhabitants who occupy the remaining 27% who need psychiatric help.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:23 pm
hobitbob wrote:
McGEntrix, you have no one to blame for this but your president, and yourself, for supporting him. Everything that Bush has done since 11th September has played right into OBL's hands. I'm actually surprised you didn't castigate him for screaming before being killed. I would have thought that you sould have scolded him for his cowardice! Evil or Very Mad

I guess as a terrorist sympathizer it is difficult for you to feel remorseful when one of your "peace loving" muslim buddies murders a fellow human like this, huh HB?

But, have one of them be seen naked in front of *gasp* a woman, and all the vile hate comes spewing out your keyboard.

I have long known where your loyalties lie, but thanks for helping open other peoples eyes...
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I guess as a terrorist sympathizer it is difficult for you to feel remorseful when one of your "peace loving" muslim buddies murders a fellow human like this, huh HB?

You really need to start taking your meds. Laughing I never said or even implied that I approved of this, but that didn't stop you from makeing an idiot ic statement, did it?

Quote:
But, have one of them be seen naked in front of *gasp* a woman, and all the vile hate comes spewing out your keyboard.

Er...what "vile hate?" You seem to provide enough of that for everyone here.

Quote:
I have long known where your loyalties lie, but thanks for helping open other peoples eyes...

Yup, my loyalties lie with peace, and with humanity, not with people who enjoy torturre, murder and war. Are you implying that you are in this second group?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:29 pm
hobitbob:

Don't take the bait. That's what McGentrix is hoping and praying you'll do.

Just rise above it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:39 pm
Yes, I am sure that's where your loyalties lie. that's why in a thread decrying the beheading of a US civilian by Muslim scum, you have chosen to blame Bush for that as well. Rolling Eyes

I must applaud your ability to re-direct attention away from where it should be.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:41 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Yes, I am sure that's where your loyalties lie. that's why in a thread decrying the beheading of a US civilian by Muslim scum, you have chosen to blame Bush for that as well. Rolling Eyes

I must applaud your ability to re-direct attention away from where it should be.

Mcgentrix, your level of discourse is demonstrated by this one phrase:
"Muslim Scum." If you can't rise above petty bigotry, then too bad for you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:44 pm
Right, I am supposed to be respectful of the people that would carry out such acts as these? I don't think so. They are Muslim, and they are scum.

I suppose terrorist scum would also be fitting.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:48 pm
People that enjoy torture, murder and war - that would be terrorists now wouldn't it. Very few people in Iraq enjoy war but agreed to it in order to protect their country or go to college.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:48 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Right, I am supposed to be respectful of the people that would carry out such acts as these? I don't think so. They are Muslim, and they are scum.

I suppose terrorist scum would also be fitting.

"Terrorist scum," would ahev been appropriate, but you never fail to take the opportunity to expose your own bigotry. Tell me, little man, if the situation were reversed, and there were footage of an American beheading a "muslim scum," would you be even slightly outraged?
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:54 pm
If there was footage showing them decapitating a terrorist, I would be just as outraged. IF the military person perceived this terrorist as a threat, they should have been shot long before getting close enough to behead them. If the terrorist were a prisoner, they should have been treated with respect. On another thread I stated that the actions against the prisoners were like fraternity pranks. This is the case in that many of the things that were done to the prisoners are often done to pledges joining a fraternity. I do not condone those actions.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:54 pm
You're letting your own bigotry cloud your vision. You are now implying that I somehow have some bigotry against Islam which I do not have. What I do have is the desire to not mollycoddle the entire Islamic faith because someone might find it offensive. were it a christian, under the same exact conditions, I would use the phrase "Christian scum" in place of "Muslim scum" without hesitation. But, since there aren't large sects of christians running around the world blowing up civilians, beheading anyone, or otherwise terrorizing anyone, that shoe just doesn't fit.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:57 pm
saintsfanbrian wrote:
If there was footage showing them decapitating a terrorist, I would be just as outraged. IF the military person perceived this terrorist as a threat, they should have been shot long before getting close enough to behead them. If the terrorist were a prisoner, they should have been treated with respect. On another thread I stated that the actions against the prisoners were like fraternity pranks. This is the case in that many of the things that were done to the prisoners are often done to pledges joining a fraternity. I do not condone those actions.

If you were stupid enough to join a house that raped you, raped your twelve year old sister while you watched, then forced you to join in, beat you, etc... then that is your problem, not mine.

As for the beheading to the civilian contractor, it is a repulsive occurrance, that the people who carried it out should be found and prosecuted. I have little doubt that this is just a step in escalating game of tit-for-tat, and that there will be no winners, only many losers.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 02:02 pm
You have a sick mind bob. I never mentioned that I was a member of a fraternity, or anything about my family. For you to infer that is rude and also how do you know that I don't have a sister who was raped you ignorant piece of shat.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 02:07 pm
saintsfanbrian wrote:
You have a sick mind bob. I never mentioned that I was a member of a fraternity, or anything about my family. For you to infer that is rude and also how do you know that I don't have a sister who was raped you ignorant piece of shat.

Interesting. The actions I described above are the actions undertaken by the guards at Abu Ghraib. Youa re the one who implied that they were lkittle different from fraternity hazing. Perhaps you should have looked up those actions before making your comments, neh?

PS: you probably should also edit your post before the thread gets locked. Confused
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 02:09 pm
coming from Christian country I can say without any hesitation that Christians are still leading in terrorizing others. As a matter of fact, more Christians were murdered and tortured by CHRISTIANS then by Muslims.
Fact that in this exact moment MOST Christians are more peacefull then SOME Muslims does not change count. Christians had their share in history. Approx. when they were exactly "old" as Islam today.

And, even more important, "today" is very shallow term in world's history. Terorrism in Ireland happened almost today. Terorrism in Basque and Corsica is happening exactly today.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 02:12 pm
some of the alleged actions you mean.

Stacking people up naked, being humiliated in front of the opposite sex, be forced to do certain objectionable activities are routine on many college campuses and fraternities. I have been witness to many similar activities.

You are exaggerating his comments for effect.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 02:12 pm
I did not mention everything that they did was like a fraternity hazing, I said many things that they did. And I will not edit my post. I do think you are an ignorant peice of Shat and they can ban me from the board for all I care. To talk about some ones family, that you don't know is a bad idea. Make fun of me all you want but when you mess with my family, who is not here to defend them selves, then you open a can of worms that if we were face to face I assure you that you wouldn't want to open.
0 Replies