Can you believe what this idiot GOP Sen. said?

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:30 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Alleged rape. Alleged beating. Alleged murder. Proof?

Oh, give it up. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:31 am
Try the front page of most of the worlds newspapers for chrissake.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:33 am
(Deanna)"Captain, I sense great hostility from the other ship."
(Picard)"Well, might that be becasue they are firing at us?"

(Wesley)"But Captain, what if I..."
(everyone) "Shut up, Wesley!"
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:36 am
wilso:

You know what they say, "a picture's worth a thousand words," unless you happen to be a radical, right-wingnut, invested in the neocon dream of building an empire with Iraq as the jewel in the crown of Lord Bush.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 08:58 am
You know what they say, "a picture's worth a thousand words," unless you happen to be a radical, right-wingnut, invested in the neocon dream of building an empire with Iraq as the jewel in the crown of Lord Bush.

Lord Bush is right. He and his fans are delusional.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:12 am
Actually, they are all faithful to Limpbag, Handjob and O"Really - the following of lemmings..........
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:13 am
You have got to be proud of that representation, Bill.

How 'bout them Astros?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:32 am
Fingers crossed - it's just May and I am very careful at this point. Don't want to jinx the trix.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:08 am
He's still saying it
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
VIDEO: Republican Senator says Iraqis deserved it

Uber-Conservative Republican Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) just said on CNN that the Iraqi prisoners basically deserved what they got:

"I have to say I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment. The idea that these prisoners, you know they're not there for traffic violations. If they're in cellblock 1A or 1B these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents, many of them probably have American blood on their hands, and here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."

According to CNN, John McCain walked out the room during Inhofe's remarks and told reporters he did not agree with him. Democratic Senators reportedly sat stunned as Inhofe defended the abuses.

Where to begin? None of those prisoners have been tried and convicted in any court, civilian or military, of the crimes of which Inhofe has apparently convicted them. Since recent reports say that 90% of the people we've arrested have been innocent, Inhofe saying most of them are terrorists and murderers is premature. Second, even if they were convicted of such crimes, is Inhofe suggesting that the appropriate response is to sodomize the Iraqis with glow sticks and have dogs take out chunks of their flesh while our grinning soldiers stand by?

Inhofe says other Republican Senators agree with him that this abuse is not a big deal. We haven't seen any Republicans publicly running to his defense.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:18 am
Unfortunately, there is 27% that agree - many of them selfconfessed on these threads.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:21 am
let's don't call foxy any names no matter what we think.....we'll get shut down like the beheading thread.....the moderators have a job to do...let's dont force them to do it......we all know without saying who's who around here....
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:26 am
Bi-Polar Bear:

Yeah, I just saw that. Funny how certain posters have halos over their heads when it comes to moderator action. LOL!!!!!

I guess it helps to have friends in low places.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 03:30 am
Is it right to call a US senator an idiot and a moron and a whacko?

How shocking!! I guess that Senator Inhof can be called an idiot, a moron and a whacko but calling Arab murderers, murderers and towel heads is somehow disallowed. I don't understand. People who murder our citizens are to be treated with the utmost verbal courtesy but a US Senator, who expresses his opinion, is an idiot, a moron and a whacko.

Can someone clarify this for me?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:17 am
mporter wrote:
Is it right to call a US senator an idiot and a moron and a whacko?

How shocking!! I guess that Senator Inhof can be called an idiot, a moron and a whacko but calling Arab murderers, murderers and towel heads is somehow disallowed. I don't understand. People who murder our citizens are to be treated with the utmost verbal courtesy but a US Senator, who expresses his opinion, is an idiot, a moron and a whacko.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Clarification seems unlikely. I've sent another report on your racist use of 'towel head', the second instance.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:27 am
I think this thread should be locked just because we have now been forced to envision hobitbob with Deanna Troi's padded breasts strapped on. Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:33 am
Bad idea...the mental image being locked here in perpetuity.
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:05 am
I would no objections to being locked up with Deanna Troi.
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 10:52 am
Foxfyre writes

Quote:
the U.S. guards' conduct at Abu Ghraid is disgusting, indefensible, and intolerable

Now I ask her, what kind of abuses does she think transpired in Abu Ghraib that are so disgusting, indefensible, and intolerable?

She seems to think that these "abuses" are indefensible. It looks like she is doing a pretty enthusiastic job of defending these abuses when she questions the validity of the Taguba Report.

Foxfyre argues
Quote:
Alleged rape. Alleged beating. Alleged murder. Proof?

Does she even know what alleged means? Laughing She stresses this word like it was her holy grail. Well, let me help her.

Merriam Websters Dictionary

Alleged
-to assert without proof or before proving

Here are just some of abuses reported by Maj. General Taguba

-Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees
-Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair
-Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick
-Using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee
-Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees
-Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing
-Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time
-Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them
-Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped
-Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture
-A male MP guard having sex with a female detainee
-Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severely injuring a detainee
-Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees
-The various detention facilities operated by the 800th MP Brigade have routinely held persons brought to them by Other Government Agencies (OGAs) without accounting for them, knowing their identities, or even the reason for their detention

Maj. General Taguba writes

Quote:
This systemic and illegal abuse of detainees was intentionally perpetrated byseveral members of the military police guard force (372nd Military Police Company, 320thMilitary Police Battalion, 800th MP Brigade), in Tier (section) 1-A of the Abu Ghraib Prison (BCCF).

In addition, several detainees also described the following acts of abuse, which under the circumstances, I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses

Taguba Excerpts Link

Staff Sgt. Chip Frederick says in a 60 Minutes interview.
Quote:
Frederick told us he will plead not guilty, claiming the way the Army was running the prison led to the abuse of prisoners.

"We had no support, no training whatsoever. And I kept asking my chain of command for certain things...like rules and regulations," says Frederick. "And it just wasn't happening."

Six months before he faced a court martial, Frederick sent home a video diary of his trip across the country. Frederick, a reservist, said he was proud to serve in Iraq. He seemed particularly well-suited for the job at Abu Ghraib. He's a corrections officer at a Virginia prison, whose warden described Frederick to us as "one of the best."

Frederick says Americans came into the prison: "We had military intelligence, we had all kinds of other government agencies, FBI, CIA ... All those that I didn't even know or recognize."

Frederick's letters and email messages home also offer clues to problems at the prison. He wrote that he was helping the interrogators:

"Military intelligence has encouraged and told us 'Great job.' "

"They usually don't allow others to watch them interrogate. But since they like the way I run the prison, they have made an exception."

"We help getting them to talk with the way we handle them. ... We've had a very high rate with our style of getting them to break. They usually end up breaking within hours."

The Red Cross, who had repeatedly visited the prisoners in Abu Ghraib, substantiates the recent Abu Ghraib abuses by saying that they had reported these abuses to American authorities months before.

CBC Article
Quote:
Red Cross warned of prisoner abuse: report
Last Updated Thu, 06 May 2004 18:45:26

GENEVA - The Red Cross was aware of alleged prisoner abuse at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison months before the U.S. military made it public, according to a news report.

A spokesperson for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) told The Associated Press it had repeatedly asked American authorities to take action about reports of abuse at the prison.

Nada Doumani told AP the ICRC has been visiting prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison every five or six weeks since 2003, with the last visit on March 20, 2004.

The Geneva Conventions on warfare designates the ICRC to visit prisoners of war. The committee usually discusses the situation of prisoners only with the occupying authority, but has been under pressure following the abuse allegations.

U.S. news network CBS first released photos of the alleged abuse on its television program 60 Minutes II.

U.S. President George W. Bush appeared on two Arab television networks on Wednesday in response to international outrage.

Written by CBC News Online staff

CBC Link

Foxfyre writes

Quote:
Now what was it again that we did to the prisoners at Abu Ghraib.?

I've given Foxfyre the proof she wanted. Where is her proof?
Where is the proof that backs up her claims of abuse by Saddam Hussein. She is fast to criticize hobitbob's proof when she doesn't even present her own. Taguba was actually there investigating in Abu Ghraib. Taguba is an American officer who had the courage to testify in front of a Senate committee.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 11:07 am
Justic is blind in more ways than one.
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 11:10 am
Foxfyre writes

Quote:
Now what was it again that we did to the prisoners at Abu Ghraib.?

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torture1.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torture2.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torture7.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/iraqiprisonerdead-thumb.gif

Where is her proof? Where are the pictures supporting her claims?
0 Replies