Can you believe what this idiot GOP Sen. said?

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 11:58 am
Senator 'Outraged by Outrage' at Prison Abuse

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - As others condemned the reported abuse of Iraqi prisoners, U.S. Sen. James Inhofe on Tuesday expressed outrage at the worldwide outrage over the treatment by American soldiers of those he called "terrorists" and "murderers."

"I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment," the Oklahoma Republican said at a U.S. Senate hearing probing the scandal.

"These prisoners, you know they're not there for traffic violations," Inhofe said. "If they're in cellblock 1-A or 1-B, these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents. Many of them probably have American blood on their hands and here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."

Coalition military intelligence officers estimated that about 70 percent to 90 percent of the thousands of prisoners detained in Iraq had been "arrested by mistake," according to a report by Red Cross given to the Bush administration last year and leaked this week.

The report also said the mistreatment of prisoners apparently tolerated by U.S. and other coalition forces in Iraq involved widespread abuse that was "in some cases tantamount to torture."

In heated remarks at odds with others on the Senate committee who took aim at the U.S. military's handling of prisoners at the Abu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad, Inhofe said that American sympathies should lie with U.S. troops.

"I am also outraged that we have so many humanitarian do-gooders right now crawling all over these prisons looking for human rights violations, while our troops, our heroes are fighting and dying," he said.

Inhofe, who visited Iraq in March, is described on his senatorial Web site as a leading conservative voice in the Senate, advocating "common sense Oklahoma values including less government, less regulation, lower taxes, fiscal responsibility and a strong national defense."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,748 • Replies: 202
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 12:13 pm
What do you expect from a member of the far right?
Now do you understand why thses things have to continue to be reported?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:27 pm
U.S. Sen. James Inhole also said the Abu Ghraib victims should fall to the floor and thank Allah that they were being abused by Americans and not Saddam Hussein.

This seems to be the latest right-wing take on the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal engulfing the Bush administration.

It's honestly as though conservatives believe human rights violations carried out by Saddam Hussein were unacceptable, but as long as the same level of depravity is being doled out by US soldiers, it is acceptable.

Or as we've been reminded by a small handful right here on able2know, what took place at Abu Ghraib was nothing more serious than a fraternity prank.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:33 pm
sick nazi scumbag sluts
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 03:50 pm
U.S. Sen. James Inhole also said the Abu Ghraib victims should fall to the floor and thank Allah that they were being abused by Americans and not Saddam Hussein. infowarrior

He really said this?

What a whacko!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:34 pm
Infowarrior writes
Quote:
It's honestly as though conservatives believe human rights violations carried out by Saddam Hussein were unacceptable, but as long as the same level of depravity is being doled out by US soldiers, it is acceptable

Well let's see. It is well documented that in Abu Ghraib under Saddam Hussein, the following treatment of prisoners was commonplace:

Piercing of hands with electric drill

Gouging out of eyes

Cutting out of tongues

Amputations without benefit of anesthesia

Suspended from ceiling by their wrists

Electric shock

Sexual abuse

Mock executions

Beatings

Real Executins

Acid bath, slowly and feet first.

Now what was it again that we did to the prisoners at Abu Ghraib.?

While the U.S. guards' conduct at Abu Ghraid is disgusting, indefensible, and intolerable, maybe that's why most Iraqis, though not at all thrilled with us humiliating Arab/Iraqi prisoners, aren't as upset as some of the left wingers here at home.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:36 pm
Quote:
Now what was it again that we did to the prisoners at Abu Ghraib.?

Rape, beating, murder. Any questions?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:37 pm
Alleged rape. Alleged beating. Alleged murder. Proof?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:38 pm
Foxfyre, read the freakin' Taguba report!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:39 pm
Or wait for more photos to be released.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:39 pm
Not upset? Are you "living in a dream world Neo(conservative)" whose beheading is next...i am always amazed by conservative responses....where do you get your news....?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:42 pm
BillW wrote:
sick nazi scumbag sluts

Hey, Billy! How are ya? You been gone awhile?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:46 pm
I have read the Taguba report. Have you?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:52 pm
Yes, foxy I have, that's why I don;t undersand your insistence that "nothing bad happened." I think its becasue you are an idiot!
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:53 pm
now, don't call names hobitbob...lol..just give him a one way ticket to iraq and see if he comes home...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:11 pm
Hobitbob writes:
Quote:
Yes, foxy I have, that's why I don;t undersand your insistence that "nothing bad happened." I think its becasue you are an idiot!

I defy you to find anywhere on this or any other thread on the entire internet where I even remotely suggested nothing bad happened.

I do believe it is a violation of TOS to call another member an idiot however.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:13 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686608#686608
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:13 pm
!
Unfotunately there are millons who have the same mindset as this idiot politician and some of those are right here on this board. This is why Amerika is so screwed up. These idiots actually believe that Bushco gives a flying fart about them.

btw Foxyre is a female, the poster gal for "The Dumbing down of Amerika".
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:17 pm
Pistoff writes:
Quote:
btw Foxyre is a female, the poster gal for "The Dumbing down of Amerika".

Well Hobitbob sure didn't make his case linking my post. Would you like to compare resumes Pistoff?

I'm about ready to offer remedial reading classes I think.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:40 pm
I heard Inhofe's statement today and almost all of the procedings. It's difficult to imagine anyone being quite that ignorant of history or of international law or of the most simple moral theory.

On the plus side, Inhofe stood apart from all the others.
0 Replies