VA Scandal

roger

Tue 27 May, 2014 09:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
He probably means me, though incorrectly.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 May, 2014 08:04 am
@edgarblythe,
Sounds like a plan and a very good one.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 May, 2014 08:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I don't get the concerns with your form of posting, you've used it for over ten years and I am used to it and honestly for a dyslexic like me it actually helps.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 May, 2014 08:11 am
@roger,
My apology. It seemed that might have been suggested. There are a lot on the RW who seem to think VA, SSI, ADC are charities and "entitlements". If I offended you it was not my intention and I am sorry.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 28 May, 2014 08:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Frank, I don't get the concerns with your form of posting, you've used it for over ten years
Must have been on on different website, not on A2K. Here, Fran started with it in late April.
Baldimo

Wed 28 May, 2014 12:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Have a read Bob. It seems the VA has been rolling forward a surplus for the last several years. It isn't a matter of funding, it appears they have all the money they need.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/27/va-expects-to-have-more-medical-care-funding-than-it-can-spend-for-fifth-year/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 28 May, 2014 03:29 pm
An investigation of medical care at Veterans Affairs facilities has found "systemic" problems and "manipulation" of waiting lists, prompting new calls for VA Secretary Eric Shinseki to resign.

"We are finding that inappropriate scheduling practices are a systemic problem nationwide," the VA inspector general said in an interim report Wednesday that disclosed that the investigation has expanded to 42 sites from the previously reported 26.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-va-phoenix-investigation-20140528-story.html
bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 May, 2014 03:34 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, I met Frank on Abuzz.
ossobuco

Wed 28 May, 2014 05:58 pm
That's nice, so did a lot of us.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 29 May, 2014 12:47 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I've met him not only there but in reality as well.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 29 May, 2014 06:09 am
The Veterans Affairs Scandal Was Decades in the Making

Yes, you should be angry. But at whom?

After reading this article, a couple of things seem clearer, one of them is that the guy Shinski should be fired for incompetence and those that falsified wait list should be fired as well. Another thing which seems clear is one of the problems is that technology has outpaced doctors and other health care professionals. In other words, as callus as this sounds, veterans which used to die don't, which is good, but they come home without limbs and other complicated problems which creates a lot of vets coming out of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars with not enough doctors and facilities to handle it all at the same rate. Another things is clear, as Frank did say, the doctor shortage is a problem nation wide, private practice just don't publish their waiting lists and people who happened die or get sicker waiting to find a doctor who is still taking patients, or waiting for your insurance to approve certain medicines and/or procedures.

roger

Thu 29 May, 2014 09:22 am
I met Walter and Edgar in Albuquerque. Also, a few others.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Unless a Special Prosecutor is named, no one will.

So, even when the guilt is right out in the open, you think they will simply keep stating that it won't be tolerated and that veterans deserve the best, but that no one will be held accountable?

That's exactly what I think and I know of no reason to think otherwise.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:01 pm
@roger,
Precisely. That's the MO of this Administration, and so far it's worked thanks to a submissive press.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:05 pm
@revelette2,
We should be mad at the ineffective, and unaccountable government. It doesn't matter all that much which party holds the White House. It's a case of the lesser of two evils.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:14 pm
Watched some of the congressional hearing on this last night and was sickened.

Sickened by the ineptitude and dodging of the VA witnesses, and sickened by the grandstanding of congressmen in both parties looking for sound-bites they can use in fund raising and re-election campaigns. Sickened by the memory of a candidate who spoke large about providing vets with their due during his campaign, but then forgot all about them once he was elected.

I'm sickened by the absence of any real accountability in government not-with-standing all the bullshit declarations of accepting "full responsibility."

Sickened that millions of my fellow countrymen are perfect marks for this obscene con job, and even more sickened when I realize that the perfect mark for a con is someone motivated by greed.

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Thu 29 May, 2014 05:58 pm
Somehow it must be George Bush's fault.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 29 May, 2014 06:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
He did not help at all. He closed three hospital here in Texas while firing up his two unpaid for wars.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 30 May, 2014 10:39 am
SHINSEKI OUT

Got to figure that poor government management hurts both parties, but the D's more, because what sane person would want bigger more powerful government when the government we have is run this poorly?
cicerone imposter

Fri 30 May, 2014 01:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Shinseki knew about these problems several years ago, and should have found solutions for them. All he needed to do was have independent audits done of all VA hospitals. He can't start getting angry if he didn't manage his responsibility as he should have. All public hospitals must go through audits of their service quality and finances on a regular basis. This needed to be done at VA hospitals.
Why weren't they done?