Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 01:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I'm not getting sucked into this ego marathon.

You can insult people without any proof, take side in a dispute which you otherwise criticize as ridiculous, insult me a little more, and then leave, whistling in the wind that you are soooo above all this ego thing... That's vicious but convenient.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Hearsay? You go by that?

Listening to several people's first hand testimony is a perfectly valid way to collect information. Hearsay is something else.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 01:55 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
Hearsay? You go by that?

Listening to several people's first hand testimony is a perfectly valid way to collect information.

Providing you do not care about its validity...which apparently you do not.

Quote:
Hearsay is something else.

It is not!

Merriam Webster:
something heard from another person : something that you have been told

Webster’s New College:
something heard, but not known to be a fact.

Oxford Dictionary:
Information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate

American Heritage:
Unverified information heard or received from another;

Cambridge Dictionary:
information you have heard that might or might not be true.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 03:14 pm
@Olivier5,
This is rich, you start a tread called "of Frank's ignorance" and you don't think this is bully behaviour? I point it out, and now I'm vicious. You behave like a petulant teenager, you even admit you feel a tad guilty and suddenly turn it into my fault for bringing it up. Wow, I mean WOW, you don't take any responsibility for your actions. That's sad and makes you look foolish.

If I started a thread called "please list your favorite examples that show Olivier is a thin skinned moron", would you think it's okey dokey, or would I be using bully tactics. If your parents didn't teach you this, allow me to inform you the example I wrote would definitely be bully behaviour.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
This is rich, you start a tread called "of Frank's ignorance" and you don't think this is bully behaviour?

Frank keeps telling us again and again and again that "he doesn't know about this or that". He proclaims his ignorance constantly. I am just agreeing with him here... Note that the language is not offensive, unlike yours. Also, this thread is literally about Frank's ignorance of whether or not the five stars closest to the sun have planets circling them that sustain life. No bullying there: that's the very issue the thread was meant to discuss. And of course, that very example of Frank's ignorance was proposed by no other than Frank. That's where a little more information about the origin of the thread could have been useful to you, before you embark on a critique of it.

If I had claimed thousands of times that I am a thin skinned moron, to the point of cluttering every thread around with that claim, you'd be most welcome to create a thread to discuss my thin skin "morronitude".
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Providing you do not care about its validity

What do you mean by that?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Are you admitting you're a tad dim? I can start that thread, just say the word. Your wish is my command.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
This is rich, you start a tread called "of Frank's ignorance" and you don't think this is bully behaviour?

Frank keeps telling us again and again and again that "he doesn't know about this or that". He proclaims his ignorance constantly. I am just agreeing with him here... Note that the language is not offensive, unlike yours. Also, this thread is literally about Frank's ignorance of whether or not the five stars closest to the sun have planets circling them that sustain life. No bullying there: that's the very issue the thread was meant to discuss. And of course, that very example of Frank's ignorance was proposed by no other than Frank. That's where a little more information about the origin of the thread could have been useful to you, before you embark on a critique of it.

If I had claimed thousands of times that I am a thin skinned moron, to the point of cluttering every thread around with that claim, you'd be most welcome to create a thread to discuss my thin skin "morronitude".

You have declared me to be ignorant, stupid, uninteresting, repetitive, boring, a ghost, a liar, a fool, comatose, unworthy of any attention, unworthy of a response…and who knows what else. I think it is obvious what this thread is about...without your rationalizations, Olivier.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:35 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I mean that "Listening to several people's first hand testimony is a perfectly valid way to collect information"...

...PROVIDING YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT ITS VALIDITY.

Sorry I spoke so softly the first time.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I asked you earlier if you have been at A2K in any other guise...or if you actually are here only for approximately one year.

Only you will know if you answer that question truthfully, Olivier...so:

Is "Olivier" the only name you have used here...and have you only been here for a year?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Does that mean I should not believe what you say?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 04:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you're not going to believe the answer, why do you ask the question?

In any case, the answer is no. I discovered this place less than a year ago I think.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 05:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Frank keeps telling us again and again and again that "he doesn't know about this or that". He proclaims his ignorance constantly. I am just agreeing with him here...

You have declared me to be ignorant, stupid, uninteresting, repetitive, boring, a ghost, a liar, a fool, comatose, unworthy of any attention, unworthy of a response…and who knows what else. I think it is obvious what this thread is about...without your rationalizations, Olivier. [/b]

Thanks for chipping in Frank. Honestly, do you feel bullied?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 06:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Does that mean I should not believe what you say?

You would do well not to do any "believing" at all, Olivier.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 06:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

If you're not going to believe the answer, why do you ask the question?

I do not do "believing."

Just wanted to hear your answer.

Quote:
In any case, the answer is no. I discovered this place less than a year ago I think.

Thank you. Interesting place, right?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 06:38 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Frank keeps telling us again and again and again that "he doesn't know about this or that". He proclaims his ignorance constantly. I am just agreeing with him here...

You have declared me to be ignorant, stupid, uninteresting, repetitive, boring, a ghost, a liar, a fool, comatose, unworthy of any attention, unworthy of a response…and who knows what else. I think it is obvious what this thread is about...without your rationalizations, Olivier. [/b]

I understand what GB is getting at...and I suspect you do also.

Deal with that. Deal with it aboveboard, if you are able...rather than looking for technical ways to prevail. Try to remember that this is a discussion, Olivier...not a contest.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 06:49 pm
@Olivier5,

[/quote]
[/quote]

Don't be intentionally thick Mr. Know it all. Of course he doesn't feel bullied. You hope he feels bullied. Just because you have this wild hair up your butt, doesn't mean the adults feel bullied. You said you feel a little guilty, and you're bored. Being bored doesn't mean you are interesting. If your masculinity requires to to behave as an ass, have at it. When you get older, and if you reread your bull pucky, you will cringe in embarrassment.

Do some volunteer work, feed the hungry, play cards, learn to play a cello, get a part time job, make yourself interesting. Think of it as a challenge, be a man for pity's sake. Sighhhhhhh
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 07:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Suspect vague things.... That's what you do best.

Quote:
Deal with it aboveboard, if you are able...rather than looking for technical ways to prevail. 

what technicality are you talking about? is as per standard procedure to ask the alleged victim of bullying if he or she corroborates the accusation. Do you feel victim of bullying? All these words I had for you, which you listed one after the other, did they offend you? Did they cut deep?

For if it did offend you to be called a comatose ghost and other bird names, or if you found the thread title a form of bullying, I offer my most sincere apologies.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 07:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Suspect vague things.... That's what you do best.

Quote:
Deal with it aboveboard, if you are able...rather than looking for technical ways to prevail. 

what technicality are you talking about? is as per standard procedure to ask the alleged victim of bullying if he or she corroborates the accusation. Do you feel victim of bullying? All these words I had for you, which you listed one after the other, did they offend you? Did they cut deep?

For if it did offend you to be called a comatose ghost and other bird names, or if you found the thread title a form of bullying, I offer my most sincere apologies.

I call bullshit on Olivier, can I see a show of hands?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 08:08 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Are you admitting you're a tad dim? I can start that thread, just say the word. Your wish is my command.

LOL. For the joke to work, I would need to say it 2000 times. But be my guest.