Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 07:22 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Somebody tagged this thread: "psuedo-intellect"... Is that meant to be meaner than with the proper spelling? :-)

I don't ever tag any one else's threads...so it must be someone else who is enjoying you.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 07:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you aware that this takes me a fraction of the time and efforts it takes you, right?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 07:28 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Are you aware that this takes me a fraction of the time and efforts it takes you, right?

Take a look at the time stamps on some of yours posts and my responses.

I know...I know...it is cold and damp in that hole. And for sure you want to pretend that you are out of it. But you are not. You are stuck in there.

I will be here to throw down rope. Use it the best way you can think of using it. Wink
Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 07:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I don't ever tag any one else's threads...so it must be someone else who is enjoying you.

Never suspected you. There ARE things that are below you, it seems... No, not your style. Plus you must be able to spell "pseudo".

It's probably Setanta. The guy can't spell... ;-)

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 07:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Time stamp?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 08:39 pm
Are you folks having fun? I'm not sure about the reasons this thread was started, but it sounds to me like small children hurling insults at each other. For Olivier, why would you stoop to such a low act? Nobody cares that you don't like Frank except you. Frank doesn't care, he's having the time of his life and frankly he should. He's wiping the floor with you. But in a mud flinging contest no one comes out clean.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 10:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes, I think we're having fun... with a guilty feeling.

I know I shouldn't "stoop at that level". My only excuse is boredom. There isn't much traffic on topics I like to discuss, especially philosophy. The rare threads that appear get quickly swamped by hundreds of posts wondering if "whatever is... is? Or isn't it?" or another truism from Frank's little mind. The mindless repetition is SICKENING. You can't even ignore it 'cause everybody gets swamped in it too. I'll do anything to avoid another debate about GUESSES, even a mud fight. And the constant demeaning of other posters by Frank is also bothering to say the least. So I took it upon myself to bring Frank here and stick it up to him.

I think it's going on well, if still pretty slow moving... :-)

If you don't like it, nobody's stopping you to find or start a better thread.

Now, if Frank were to consider posting like a normal human being and stop posting the same mindless drivel ad nauseam on each and every philosophical thread there is, I might be inclined to a ceasefire.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 11:10 pm
@Olivier5,
Boy; I've been bored, but NOT THAT BORED. LOL Mr. Green Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Razz Laughing Laughing Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 11:44 pm
@Olivier5,
Good, if you say you're having fun, I'm not to beg you to behave like an adult. Thanks for the tip, I'll cheerfully avoid your cyber bullying behaviour. Have at it, this isn't my business. She sighed with relief.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 03:29 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Time stamp?

Yes, "Time Stamp."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 03:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Yes, I think we're having fun... with a guilty feeling.

I know I shouldn't "stoop at that level". My only excuse is boredom. There isn't much traffic on topics I like to discuss, especially philosophy. The rare threads that appear get quickly swamped by hundreds of posts wondering if "whatever is... is? Or isn't it?" or another truism from Frank's little mind. The mindless repetition is SICKENING. You can't even ignore it 'cause everybody gets swamped in it too. I'll do anything to avoid another debate about GUESSES, even a mud fight. And the constant demeaning of other posters by Frank is also bothering to say the least. So I took it upon myself to bring Frank here and stick it up to him.

I think it's going on well, if still pretty slow moving... :-)

If you don't like it, nobody's stopping you to find or start a better thread.

Now, if Frank were to consider posting like a normal human being and stop posting the same mindless drivel ad nauseam on each and every philosophical thread there is, I might be inclined to a ceasefire.

I AM posting like a normal human being...and I never post mindless drivel.

If someone asserts something that I think cannot be known...I ask about it, just in case I am wrong.

If that bothers you, you really shouldn't be posting in "philosophy threads"...because it is an important part of a philosophical discussion to be precise--to understand which assertions are facts and which are guesses of some sort.

As for demeaning other posters...you do that much, much more than do I, so you really shouldn't even be mentioning that.

As for a "ceasefire"...you started this nonsense, Olivier...and I will finish it. Or we will be here going at it for a very, very long time.

Let me know when you've dug deep enough.
Wink
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 05:24 am
@glitterbag,
I note that you don't mind coming to a thread I created just to scold me (and not my partner in crime) and that you now even accuse me of bullying, without bothering to prove your accusation... what's my crime here? Did I say something that you found offensive? Or was it simply to defend "the idea that "knowledge must be derived from experience"? Or to laugh at Frank's cheap shots?

Do you do that often, or only when a friend of yours is in difficulty?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 06:13 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Are you folks having fun? I'm not sure about the reasons this thread was started, but it sounds to me like small children hurling insults at each other. For Olivier, why would you stoop to such a low act? Nobody cares that you don't like Frank except you. Frank doesn't care, he's having the time of his life and frankly he should. He's wiping the floor with you. But in a mud flinging contest no one comes out clean.

Thank you for this cogent and reasonable comment, Glitterbag.

I realize that I am complicit in what you see as "like small children hurling insults at each other." I have noted that myself...when I explained to Olivier that if he wants to engage in discussion as though it were a playground event...I will accommodate him.

I try to be reasonable when I question assertions that I deem inappropriate or questionable...and I'm sorry that Olivier feels that me asking "How do you know that?" is objectionable. But I notice more and more people asking that question...and I see that as what Martha Stewart might call, "a good thing."

Despite the fun I'm having, I too would love to see this end. But Olivier started it and I am determined that he will not have the final shot.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 07:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
AM posting like a normal human being...and I never post mindless drivel.

is that a promise? :-)

Quote:
If someone asserts something that I think cannot be known...I ask about it, just in case I am wrong.

ok. So what do you think cannot be known?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 09:52 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I note that you don't mind coming to a thread I created just to scold me (and not my partner in crime) and that you now even accuse me of bullying, without bothering to prove your accusation... what's my crime here? Did I say something that you found offensive? Or was it simply to defend "the idea that "knowledge must be derived from experience"? Or to laugh at Frank's cheap shots?

Do you do that often, or only when a friend of yours is in difficulty?

I already said I thought this was just a taunting vehicle for you. You are the author of this thread, it gets tiresome to click on 'New Posts' and see this stuff being displayed over and over.

Not to put too fine a point on it, I expressed my opinion. I'm pretty sure I can still do that without getting anyone's permission. I'm not going to waste my time searching out who your collaboraters are, you might be able to sustain that much interest in this crap but I can't. You don't need my permission or stamp of approval. Behave as you wish.

Lastly, assuming Frank and I are close pals, why would you think I see him as having difficulty dealing with you? It looks like he is doing just fine, all by his lonesome.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 10:29 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
AM posting like a normal human being...and I never post mindless drivel.

is that a promise? :-)

Not a promise. There is no promise in that sentence. It is a statement of fact.

Quote:
Quote:

ok. So what do you think cannot be known?

Watch for when I ask "How do you know that?" Then look at what prompted the question. That is what I think cannot be known. (I acknowledge I may be wrong...which is why I ask the question.)

Since you claim I do it often, regularly, and have done it for years and years...it should be no problem.

(I wonder how you KNOW I have done it for years and years...since the first post I see of yours is from less than a year ago. Not important, but it does add to my suspicion that you are not the most honest and ethical poster here in A2K.)
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 11:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
I just listen to what other posters are saying, Frank...

Do you think gods can be known?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 11:57 am
@glitterbag,
You're entitled to express your opinion, just like I am, without being scolded for expressing it. I did not do that to you, but YOU did that to me.

You also called me a bully... Do you have any evidence to show for that or was it just a gratuitous insult?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 12:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You're entitled to express your opinion, just like I am, without being scolded for expressing it. I did not do that to you, but YOU did that to me.

You also called me a bully... Do you have any evidence to show for that or was it just a gratuitous insult?

Nice try, I'm not getting sucked into this ego marathon. I'm out, if you're having fun, enjoy.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 12:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I just listen to what other posters are saying, Frank...

Hearsay? You go by that?

And you have only been at A2K...in any guise...for one year?

Quote:
Do you think gods can be known?

If there are gods...I would guess that they could make themselves known if they choose. I also acknowledge that they may not choose to...or that their being is other than we humans have imagined throughout the years.