Just Curious. What Are You?

Builder

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 11:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
NO, no, no. We are only making lite conversation
and it is both presumptuous and unreasonable of u
to expect that we are going to read your external sources,
as distinct from your own personal posts (unless we have an impassioned interest in what u r telling us).
My reference was to your exhibited quotes; nothing else.

And yet you consider it quite okay to lambast and critique something that you haven't bothered to peruse, despite asking for clarification and links?

The Thesis I linked you up with is 47 pages of text. It's also been peer-reviewed, and given the thumbs up by the University peer-review process, and the agreed conclusion is, that the US of A no longer can consider itself to be a democratic republic. The figures don't lie.

You have an oligarchy, and whether the dems or cons get the nod, makes no difference to the agenda of the oligarchs.

The fact that you'd prefer to disregard this, and relegate it to the "too hard" basket, says a lot about your credibility, or lack thereof, David.

Lash

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 11:50 pm
@Builder,
Quote:

You have an oligarchy, and whether the dems or cons get the nod, makes no difference to the agenda of the oligarchs.

True.
Builder

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:00 am
@Lash,
Is there a solution, you think?

Or does the oligarchy appear to be insurmountable, Lash?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 05:46 am
@Builder,
DAVID wrote:
NO, no, no. We are only making lite conversation
and it is both presumptuous and unreasonable of u
to expect that we are going to read your external sources,
as distinct from your own personal posts (unless we have an impassioned interest in what u r telling us).
My reference was to your exhibited quotes; nothing else.
Builder wrote:
And yet you consider it quite okay to lambast and critique something that you haven't bothered to peruse,
despite asking for clarification and links?
I already told u
that I was referring to your EXHIBITED QUOTES, as I have every right to DO.
I have no obligation, and no inclination, to wade thru tons of garbage
just because that 's what u want me to do. I challenged what was
put in front of my eyes. Quote me my alleged request for "links"!
I never requested them. Your allegation to the contrary
is a mis-representation of fact. That says something about your credibility.

Builder wrote:
The Thesis I linked you up with is 47 pages of text. It's also been peer-reviewed, and given the thumbs up by the University peer-review process, and the agreed conclusion is, that the US of A no longer can consider itself to be a democratic republic. The figures don't lie.
I 'm not impressed with folks having odd opinions.
U can probably find people who deny our Moon Landings.

Builder wrote:
You have an oligarchy, and whether the dems or cons get the nod,
makes no difference to the agenda of the oligarchs.

The fact that you'd prefer to disregard this, and relegate it to the
"too hard" basket, says a lot about your credibility, or lack thereof, David.
Maybe that woud COUNT for something,
if I were trying to convince anyone of anything. I 'm no salesman.

David
Builder

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thankyou David.

OmSigDAVID wrote;
Quote:

You're not willing to concede that the American University system of validation of the truth is going to be what your offspring, and all the other American's offspring, will be taught in school? You'd prefer to label the verified truth as "garbage".? ?

Perhaps you're waiting for a conservative or liberal influence to take all this truth away, David?

Not to be taking away from your rights to DO, David, but you are participating in an Adult conversation about the American condition of political adherence, aren't you? And I'm here, pointing out the fallacy that you seem to think is your reality.

As for your request for links, you must go back several pages to find your own words. You're not taking responsibility for your actions, so I'm following suit.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:33 am
@Builder,
OmSigDAVID wrote;
DAVID wrote:
Builder wrote:

You're not willing to concede that the American University system
of validation of the truth is going to be what your offspring,
and all the other American's offspring, will be taught in school?
Is that what we r considering??
What people will be taught in school ?
R u twisting this thread into a new direction??

Builder wrote:
You'd prefer to label the verified truth as "garbage".? ?
I stand by what I already said. I 'm not in the mood
to be redundant.

Builder wrote:
Perhaps you're waiting for a conservative or liberal influence to take all this truth away, David?
I am not "waiting", as u put it.

Builder wrote:
Not to be taking away from your rights to DO, David, but you are participating in an Adult conversation about the American condition of political adherence, aren't you? And I'm here, pointing out the fallacy that you seem to think is your reality.
Thank u for that information.

Builder wrote:
As for your request for links,
you must go back several pages to find your own words
because I'm under no obligation to assess either your intelligence,
or lack thereof, because you are doing a mighty fine job of demonstrating both, all on your own.
It appears that u have initiated an effort of deception,
qua my alleged "request for links".
That is redundant in telling us something about your credibility.

David
Builder

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thanks for identifying yourself as a complete nonce, David.

You're welcome.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 09:05 am
@Builder,
I think if people will stop being so stupid about the two party system - force through term limits, force PACs and lobbyists out, vote these criminals out of office, and make a few other changes - such as bring criminal prosecution against "lawmakers" who sign shady laws protecting corporations from responsibility for what they do - we have a foothold. There should be no white collar prisons - we should throw corrupt politicians and CEOs in with the general population.

The American populace is allowing a lot of crap to happen.

I personally think the Occupy Movement might be a place where those of us who are sick of the status quo to begin protesting the state of our union.
Advocate

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 09:35 am
@Lash,
You are suggesting revolutionary changes that ain't going to happen. But it is good to think out of the box.
Lash

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 11:29 am
@Advocate,
Revolutions do happen. If you and everyone else does their part.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 05:58 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote;
Quote:
I think if people will stop being so stupid about the two party system...

Yes, it's quite ridiculous when another presidential candidate can be arrested for trying to participate in a presidential "debate". I found the Third Party Prez debate to be completely on target, while the other two guys skirted around the major issues facing the nation. Their hypocrisy is often laughable, and yet most people either don't care, or believe the hype.

Lash wrote;
Quote:
...force through term limits, force PACs and lobbyists out, vote these criminals out of office...

Hear, hear. Totally agree. It's like they're not even bothered that everyone knows the depth of corruption endemic to the current system. It's not improving in the least, despite the evidence that these criminals basically bankrupted the nation (and others) in the charade that they sold as the GFC. They orchestrated the whole deal. I think Bernie Sanders is lucky he hasn't met with an unfortunate accident. His push to reveal the scams of the federal reserve were enough to have himself offed, but fortunately the corporate stranglehold on the mainstream media glossed over, or avoided any exposure of the ruse of the century. Must be nice having endless cash to play with.

Lash wrote;
Quote:
...such as bring criminal prosecution against "lawmakers" who sign shady laws protecting corporations from responsibility for what they do ...

The banksters themselves are writing their own "laws" these days. The Prez brought some of them onto his team. Promoted others to various roles. It goes deep, this rabbit hole.

Lash wrote;
Quote:
There should be no white collar prisons - we should throw corrupt politicians and CEOs in with the general population.

What was called the "greatest scandal in the history of finance", the LIBOR scandal, involving banksters from several nations, and affecting literally hundreds of millions of people globally, resulted in the incarceration of just one fall guy.

He's probably kicking back somewhere in the Bahamas, sipping coconut cocktails. Even when the evidence is glaringly obvious, and a scandal unavoidable, all we see is window-dressing by the Prez.

And yes, it's sad that the web itself is becoming so sanitised, that we have to look to Al Jazeera and Russia Today for any actual news stories.

The Uk's Guardian is another reliable source. Likewise with the Wolf PAC

Lash wrote;
Quote:
The American populace is allowing a lot of crap to happen.

I'm sure there's a lot of Americans who are aware, and angry, but there's a sense of helplessness seeping into the picture, even here in Australia. The language itself has been hijacked, and the media is all about sound bytes, and misinformation. Purveyors of the next Big Thing. Gossip mongers, mostly.

Lash wrote;
Quote:

I personally think the Occupy Movement might be a place where those of us who are sick of the status quo to begin protesting the state of our union.

The movement itself has been excellent in bringing several important truths into the open, and yet, the online forum (I've been on there since the start, recently booted off) has been co-opted by a small band of one-eyed shills, unfortunately. Heavily edited, and mostly down to bickering and personal abuse.

It was a great source of information though, and offshoots like 99Rise, and OccupySandy are excellent examples of how a small group of people can make a huge difference. Certain posters on the OWS forum are still holding to the original anarchist concept, and regularly donate their efforts to getting the real news out to the people. My hat's off to them, but I ran out patience with the moderation team there.

Familiarity breeds contempt, and I'm the first to admit that. It's happening on this board, like it does on any forum I've joined. I tend to leave or get pushed out the door.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 06:21 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think if people will stop being so stupid about the two party system -
force through term limits, force PACs and lobbyists out,
With all respect, that wud be a death sentence for democracy.
Oligarchy wud be substituted for it; the politicians wud take over,
instead of us. U have lost sight of the fact that if a politician is not
going to run for re-election, for any reason, then he has NO REASON to do
what his constituents want; accordingly: HE IS FREE TO REPRESENT HIMSELF, INSTEAD.
As a voter, I want the politicians to do what I want them to do,
not what thay want. Thay r supposed to represent ME.
He loses incentive to DO that, if he cannot run for re-election.
Ergo, I lose control of him, unless I go to his office n bribe him.

For its existence, democracy depends on lobbyists and on the
Special Interest Groups who employ them
. As a voter, I cannot spy
on all of the politicians who represent me in the legislative and the
executive branches of government, federal, state and local every day
of every year. Thay cud sneak thru their own motivated legislation,
with no interference from me, if I don t know of the danger of any
particular bill that affects my interests, but Special Interest Groups
are organized to spy on them and stay abreast of events. Thay warn
me and I grab the fone and tell them what I want them to do
with the clearly implied threat of discharging them from their jobs
if thay fail, as of election day. So far, over all the years n decades
of my lobbying, I 've been fairly well satisfied with the results.
I love my lobbyists and I LOVE my Special Interest Groups,
to whom I $$$$$ donate generously every year.

Under your contemplated scheme, the government wud just take over
the country; screw the voters. We 'd watch as helpless spectators,
as children watch the decisions of their parents, or as the citizens of Iraq
used to watch the choices of Saddam.
Marc Cobain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 02:23 pm
@Setanta,
Makin friends are we??
0 Replies

Marc Cobain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 02:24 pm
@glitterbag,
I agree, he's kinda a... childish prick. maybe theres some "frindly contempt", for him Wink
Marc Cobain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 02:28 pm
@Trollpatrol,
"A sarcastic comment proves nothing", Voltaire.
0 Replies

Marc Cobain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 02:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
NO point in arguing with "Setanta", just another child who found his way onto an adult forum.
Better luck arguing with a statue, huh.
Take care Brother, I'm off for the day
0 Replies

Marc Cobain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 02:34 pm
@Setanta,
oh, b/c you've never sat in "judgement" of anyone. Look up humility & attempt to practice it... Just once bud. Wink
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 03:13 pm
@sunyata,
sunyata wrote:

youn need self control. to emotional
it's called False dilemma fallacy look it up.

I suppose I should have checked in occasionally with this silly label party. Sunyata said I'm to (think he meant too) emotional. Did I miss something, I don't recall being upset or even overly passionate, or even interested in this rope-a-dope kerfuffle. So don't know which comment you are objecting to, but really????
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 04:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My dear - it is my opinion that we already suffer an oligarchy.
Lash

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 04:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thank Bob for that because I very nearly never do - I always have to hold my nose to vote. Just try to pick the lesser of evils.
0 Replies