The Absurdity of Atheism

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 04:22 am
I'm not a "she" and i made no promises, troll.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 08:36 am
@Setanta,
yes she did.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:10 am
The troll is a liar.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:32 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The troll is a liar

Girly, girly, girly, you keep on trying eh?

Now, you are very smart offcourse ( Wink ) and you base this on what evidence?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhtttttt!

see ya.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:39 am
That's the second time the troll has indicating it's leaving. I'll bet it's lying again.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:50 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
That's the second time the troll has indicating it's leaving. I'll bet it's lying again.

Oh! You really don't understand I was under the impression YOU were leaving.

It is ok, you can go now.

Bye bye.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:53 am
Bye, troll. Is this another lie? I'll bet it is.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:00 pm
@Setanta,
Now, I dont recall anything in my post about motivation, let me check again...nope nothing.
My age? lol...old enough to know better but too young to give a damn. (you're not coming on to me are you cause I'm probably too old for you)
As for me giving you scientific evidence, are you asking me to teach you? Cause I gotta tell ya you cant afford me. I suggest you go to the internet to learn about neuro-science in homosapien-sapien
Lastly, no one has ever accused me of being religious, quasi or otherwise.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:25 pm
@giujohn,
In fact, your comments about "higher order" thought processes are what i was referring to as regards motivations. It's hardly my fault that you are incapable of extrapolating meaning. I seriously doubt that you are "too old" for me, and no i have no reason to come on to you. You have already claimed there is scientific evidence for your claims, so i'm just asking you to back up your claims.

Basically, all i see here is you weaseling out of what you've said about human cognition. Whether or not you are religious, your claims are classics of the kind of human exceptionalism the religious like to peddle.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:45 pm
Seriously, why don't the administrators ban this (Q) guy? It isn't a matter of having unpopular opinions, which certainly would not be cause for being banned. He posts only to create a commotion and provoke negative attention. That's all he does. Is that allowed on A2K?
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:51 pm
Unfortunately, yes, A2K does allow people to troll. Ordinarily, i would advise ignoring the troll. However, this thread was such a piece of **** at the outset, that i don't mind seeing it trashed.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:29 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Seriously, why don't the administrators ban this (Q) guy? It isn't a matter of having unpopular opinions, which certainly would not be cause for being banned. He posts only to create a commotion and provoke negative attention. That's all he does. Is that allowed on A2K?

That's a very good question. Have you ever clicked the "Report" button on one of his posts so the administrators might consider it? Or do you prefer to reward him with the negative attention he craves by complaining just on the forum?
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:34 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

That's a very good question. Have you ever clicked the "Report" button on one of his posts so the administrators might consider it? Or do you prefer to reward him with the negative attention he craves by complaining just on the forum?

So if a person makes trolling posts all over the board for weeks and makes numerous people angry, the only way any action is taken is if I write it up? What do the administrators do?
giujohn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 07:32 pm
@Setanta,
I have read several of your responses and I wonder why you are so passive aggressive. You seem to have an undercurrent of anger and hostility. I would suggest professional counseling. Im not trying to be insulting.
So I take it you want me to teach you about nuero-biology and human evolution/develpoement in this forum?
It seems to me it would be a waste of my time to do so in that you wont accept anything I say anyway. My time saving suggestion would be for you to find evidence that I am wrong in my statement.
Thomas

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 08:51 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
So if a person makes trolling posts all over the board for weeks and makes numerous people angry, the only way any action is taken is if I write it up?

That seems to be the process, judging by previous incarnations of this discussion: You report the post to them and tell them how you think it violates A2K's terms of service.

Brandon9000 wrote:
What do the administrators do?

They'll consider your complaint and act accordingly. They have never disclosed their definition of "acting accordingly", and Jespah explained many years ago that that's on purpose. But I see spam posts disappearing all the time, and I have met at least two individuals in real life whom A2K has banned from the site for abusive posts for some period of time. So I know for a fact that A2K's moderators aren't doing nothing. If you want them to act, I suggest you tell them, not us.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:13 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said to me: When our government exposed our soldiers and citizens to the radioactive dust, majority were/are christians, that WAS SUICIDE BOMBING AND STUFF.
How often do you post bull shyt?

If you're saying the US Govt were suicide bombers, I'm not sure I buy that..Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Must be too spacial for you to comprehend. When our own government exposed our soldiers and citizens to radioactive dust, that's the equivalent to the suicide bombers who kill themselves and others. That you can't comprehend the devastation from radioactive exposure is your problem.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 01:39 am
@giujohn,
You have no basis upon which to assess my emotional state. It is a common and pathetic online strategy to suggest that one's interlocutor is emotional, while one remains oneself, cool, calm and the voice of pure sweet reason. But there are a lot of problems with that stance.

In your case, the most glaring problem is that you have made claims about scientific evidence for which you have not provided said evidence. I am not asking you to "teach" me anything--i am pointing out to you that will not be taken seriously if you make claims about scientific evidence but don not back up your claims. You remind me of the whacky religionists who demand that people disprove "god." I am not obliged to disprove your claims. If you cannot substantiate your claims, then i am entitled to dismiss them. So far, you've provided not evidence--so i do dismiss them.

You apparently don't see the glaring irony of accusing me of passive-aggression while you are suggesting that i get professional help for a chimerical condition. You didn't need to have an hysterical fit here, all you needed to do is back up your claims.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 05:12 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

...But I see spam posts disappearing all the time...

During the past year, I have identified and reported hundreds of spam posts, which seems to immediately make them disappear, so it's not like I only complain. I just would have thought that this particular poster's behavior is at the point where the administrators could act without an engraved invitation.
Thomas

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 07:26 am
@Brandon9000,
Thomas wrote:
Have you ever clicked the "Report" button on one of his posts so the administrators might consider it?

Brandon9000 wrote:
I just would have thought that this particular poster's behavior is at the point where the administrators could act without an engraved invitation.

I take your answer as a "no" to my original question. Assuming that's correct, let's recapitulate: Judging by what you did so far, this person's posts are bothersome enough that you complain to us about the admins' inaction. Yet they are not bothersome enough for you to ask the admins for action. How does this not suggest that right now you're more interested in complaining than in getting things fixed?