giujohn

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:16 pm
@fresco,
Well put, thanks
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:34 pm
@Setanta,
You confuse intuition with the thought process of the higher level of brain function that the neo-cortex allows for that gives you the ability to undersatnd complex thoughts and not only "feel" that something may be a miss ,as with your example, but contemplate ones own eventual death.
Where we get in trouble is when we tend to unjustifiably anthropormophize animal behavior.
Also the use of the term specious is not germane in that I base my statement on scientific evidence that man IS the only species on earth that knows he is going to die because there are no other species that have such a developed neo-cortex. If there were such a species we would know of them in that we would have found each other long ago.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:42 pm
@giujohn,
You wrote,
Quote:
Where we get in trouble is when we tend to unjustifiably anthropormophize animal behavior.
LOL Mr. Green

Thanks for the good laugh!~ That's a natural result of why humans compare ourselves to other animal life.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:44 pm
Quote:
Romeo asked: Well why would the early Christians follow somebody who never existed and get themselves thrown to the lions?
Quehon replied: That also didn't happen.

According to the Roman historians Tacitus and Tertullian, Christians during Nero's time were torn apart by dogs, crucified, burned alive or thrown to lions.

Quote:
Timur said: For the same reason fanatic Muslims enter martyrdom..

Christians didn't do suicide bombings and stuff..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You suffer from myopia. When our government tested nukes, they exposed our soldiers and the general public to the radioactive fall out.

Quote:
The Nevada Test Site

Between 1951 and 1958, around 100 nuclear weapons tests were conducted in the atmosphere at the Nevada Test Site (NTS). Located about 100 km northwest of Las Vegas, the NTS was larger than many small countries, offering some 3,500 square km of undisturbed land.

The average yield for the atmospheric tests was 8.6 kilotons (kt). The fallout from the tests contained radionuclides and gases which were transported thousands of miles away from the NTS by winds. As a result, people living in the United States during these years were exposed to varying levels of radiation.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:09 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said to me: You suffer from myopia. When our government tested nukes, they exposed our soldiers and the general public to the radioactive fall out.

I know mate, what you telling me for?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:30 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You have a very short memory. You wrote just a few minutes ago,
Quote:
Christians didn't do suicide bombings and stuff..Smile

When our government exposed our soldiers and citizens to the radioactive dust, majority were/are christians, that WAS SUICIDE BOMBING AND STUFF.

How often do you post bull shyt?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Glad to make you laugh, albeit incredibly easy. And remember...the discussion is specific: the ability to contemplate ones eventual death
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:47 pm
@giujohn,
You don't even know the title of this forum? What planet do you live on? Mr. Green
giujohn

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
REMULAC
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:47 am
@giujohn,
No, where you get into trouble is in assuming that humans are motivated by higher order functions of the brain, rather than the hormones and evolutionary survival imperatives of their ancestors. How old are you? It seems to me that you don't know much about human behavior and human nature.

I haven't gotten into any trouble at all. Suggesting that there is "scientific evidence" that man knows he will die and that other animals don't is hilarious. Can you give me some citations for that? Can you give me some "scientific evidence" that the possession of a neocortex gives man the knowledge of eventual death?

Do you know what the word specious means? It means superficially plausible, but wrong. That describes your hilarious collection of silly attempts to justify your quasi-religious stance of human exceptionalism.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, where you get into trouble is in assuming that humans are motivated by higher order functions of the brain, rather than the hormones and evolutionary survival imperatives of their ancestors. How old are you? It seems to me that you don't know much about human behavior and human nature.

I haven't gotten into any trouble at all. Suggesting that there is "scientific evidence" that man knows he will die and that other animals don't is hilarious. Can you give me some citations for that? Can you give me some "scientific evidence" that the possession of a neocortex gives man the knowledge of eventual death?

Do you know what the word specious means? It means superficially plausible, but wrong. That describes your hilarious collection of silly attempts to justify your quasi-religious stance of human exceptionalism.

funny, let's see:

Quote:
How old are you? It seems to me that you don't know much about human behavior and human nature.

That's a Ad Hominem. so this one doesn't count.

Quote:
That describes your hilarious collection of silly attempts to justify your quasi-religious stance of human exceptionalism

colorfoul language!
However, extremely illogical!
It is called '"Poisoning the well""
So..doesn't count either.

Where do this irrational and a-logical people come from???

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:13 am
@Quehoniaomath,
As always, your English sucks. There is no such thing as "a Ad Hominem." There is a logical fallacy called argumentum ad hominem which means attacking the person rather than the person's argument. I addressed his argument, and did not rely upon person insults to argue against him. As always, you speak in false internet memes rather than addressing my arguments.

The poisoning the well fallacy is a special case of argumentum ad hominen," one in which the interlocutor is denigrated before objections are raised to his argument. Once again, i addressed his argument before making my comments, so there is no argumentum ad hominem, and certainly no "poisoning the well."

I am not a "people," i am just a person. If anyone is employing argumentum ad hominem here, it is you. You haven't addressed the points i made If someone claims "scientific evidence," then that someone needs to be prepared to cite that scientific evidence, and also need to be prepared to defend the methodology of the putative evidence.

All you've done is to come along and make specious claims about fallacies, and call me names. As usual, you've got nothing.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:29 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
There is no such thing as "a Ad Hominem.

lol

I rest my case!!! unbelievable.

Offcourse my english sucks! You don't read my postings at all .I am not a native speaker far from it.I do my best.

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Your best is pretty damned poor, and it interferes with your expression of your usually crackpot ideas. "Ad hominem," thus, and "ad hom," thus, are internet memes. They are almost invariably used incorrectly. If you actually knew what argumentum ad hominem meant, you'd see that it doesn't pally here.

But basically you're just a troll. You just come here to draw attention to yourself by trying to pick fights with others here. All of you crypto-science mumbo jumbo is a good example of that.

Have fun, troll.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:59 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Your best is pretty damned poor, and it interferes with your expression of your usually crackpot ideas. "Ad hominem," thus, and "ad hom," thus, are internet memes. They are almost invariably used incorrectly. If you actually knew what argumentum ad hominem meant, you'd see that it doesn't pally here.

But basically you're just a troll. You just come here to draw attention to yourself by trying to pick fights with others here. All of you crypto-science mumbo jumbo is a good example of that.

Have fun, troll.

If you want to be fair and integer then just sy so if you don't understand at all

O btw calling someoen a "troll' is really an Ad Hominem.

Even if you rationalise for yourself it is not.

where do these people come from??
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 04:01 am
Have fun, troll.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 04:02 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Have fun, troll.

Another extremely stupid Ad Hominem.

he can't help himself I think.

Bye Bye.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 04:15 am
Bye, troll.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 04:17 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Bye, troll.

And voila! She really can't help herself, but now she promised to leave us all!

So

Goodbye and good riddance!
0 Replies