The Absurdity of Atheism

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 05:54 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

In order for us to have free will, God declines to view our individual outcomes. If he knew in advance the misery caused through the Edenic Rebellion, he would then be responsible for 1000s of years of pain, hardly a perfect outcome.

Like I said, you undermine what the Bible says to further your dogma.
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 06:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
You misrepresent what the bible says to further your agenda.
The idea that there may be a creator to whom you have obligation is anathema to you.
giujohn

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 06:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It was nonsense when I wrote "nonsense"...and it still is nonsense, John.

Now Frank, if Quantum Mechanics were nonsense your computer wouldnt work. Its based on QM.

Quote:
Frank, seriously...is english your first language?

Frank, I wasnt trying to be insultive, I genuinely thought may something was being lost in translation here because it seems that you are easily confused by what I am trying to say...unless you are being purposely obtuse...then I guess the joke is on me...ha-ha.

Quote:
Gimme a break. You are diverting the conversation to nonsense...apparently because you see that you have driven up a blind alley.

Speaking of bind...a blind man w/ a cane can see the attempt at deflection in this statement!

Quote:
Yes and no. Maybe it is not so unfortunate

Ahh... Frank...now you're taking back your invite? Sad
giujohn

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 07:00 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Our entire legal system presupposes free will. I'll go with that.

You're trusting the legal system? Next you'll be telling us the IRS is our freind!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 07:00 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
It was nonsense when I wrote "nonsense"...and it still is nonsense, John.

Now Frank, if Quantum Mechanics were nonsense your computer wouldnt work. Its based on QM.

C'mon, John...you are getting desperate. You know (and so does everyone else following this garbage) that I was not saying quantum mechanics is nonsense. Your statement was nonsense...and still is.

Quote:
Quote:
Frank, seriously...is english your first language?

Frank, I wasnt trying to be insultive, I genuinely thought may something was being lost in translation here because it seems that you are easily confused by what I am trying to say...unless you are being purposely obtuse...then I guess the joke is on me...ha-ha.

I am not confused...although you seem to want me to be confused by your footwork. I am just enjoying it.

giujohn

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 07:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Your statement was nonsense...and still is.

But Frank...my statement was based on QM.
Quote:
I am not confused...although you seem to want me to be confused by your footwork. I am just enjoying it.

Well as long as you're enjoying yourself, thats all that matters...cheers!
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 09:38 pm
@giujohn,
No. But I'll go with free will.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 10:53 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Frank my man...how exactly is Quantum Mechanics nonsense?

But of course it is!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 11:52 pm
@neologist,
I'm merely quoting directly from the Bible in regard to what it says about God's knowledge. It's "perfect."

According to you, there is no obligation because I have a choice, unless you have another tortured definition of the word "obligation."
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 11:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
I'm merely quoting directly from the Bible in regard to what it says about God's knowledge. It's "perfect."

What are you saying here? That the Bible is 'perfect'?
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 12:19 am
@InfraBlue,
God's perfection is directly related to his purpose. If his purpose is for us to have free will, then we must have choice.
Quote:
(Deuteronomy 30:19) . . . I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against YOU today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive,. . .
You tell me how a perfect God could offer choice if it is not available.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 03:24 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Your statement was nonsense...and still is.

But Frank...my statement was based on QM.

Yes, you do seem to think that...and you do assert it. I acknowledge that I do not know enough about quantum mechanics to comment intelligently on whether that is correct...or just you blowing more hot air.

But John, your statement might have been "based" on coconut custard pie...and I still was not saying that quantum mechanics (or coconut custard pie) is nonsense. I was saying YOUR STATEMENT was...AND STILL IS...nonsense, no matter what it is based on.

You have trapped yourself into an argument that gods are impossible...by attacking the description of possible gods made by relatively unsophisticated and unknowledgeable ancient Hebrews. You are in a dead end in this argument, John. Try to see that...and start all over. You may still be able to save some face.

Quote:
Quote:

Well as long as you're enjoying yourself, thats all that matters...cheers!

Few people I know enjoy themselves as much as I. I am a very content individual; confident and happy in my skin; enjoying my trip through life, such as it is.

I thank you for your encouragement, though, John. Allow me to return my hopes that you also are content.

Ta!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:47 am
Can any atheist really be content?
I mean, constantly saying "there's no God" is like playing russian roulette, so at the back of their minds must always be the nagging thought that if there IS a God, they're all going up the spout!
No wonder they're uptight, jumpy, irritable, turn to drugs and drink, and take it out on their wives, kids and fluffy kittens..
Dawkins is the classic example, he's sweaty, red-faced, fidgety and pouting, prone to tantrums and seems permanently on the edge of a nervous breakdown, no wonder his first two wives divorced him..Smile
Hey Chris is there a God?

"Haha, nah!"
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9595/tfa5.jpg
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:51 am
Quote:
Can any atheist really be content?
I mean, constantly saying "there's no God" is like playing russian roulette, so at the back of their minds must always be the nagging thought that if there IS a God, they're all going up the spout!
No wonder they're uptight, jumpy, irritable, turn to drugs and drink, and take it out on their wives, kids and fluffy kittens..
Dawkins is the classic example, he's sweaty, red-faced, fidgety and pouting, prone to tantrums and seems permanently on the edge of a nervous breakdown, no wonder his first two wives divorced him..
Hey Chris is there a God?

I was thinking only one thing reading this:

peadophile child molesting priests and lying popes!
You are now tellingme they have nothing 'nagging" ?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:05 am
Quote:
Quehon asked: peadophile child molesting priests and lying popes!
You are now telling me they have nothing 'nagging" ?

Well Catholics think they can make everything alright if they confess it to a priest!
For example the IRA used to let bombs off in England that killed men, women and children, then went and confessed to their local priest to get forgiven.
The following week they'd go out and blow somebody else up, then confess to the priest, and so it went on year after year!
The IRA nearly blew ME up once, what cheek!
Their bomb went off in Leicester city centre about 25 years ago but miraculously nobody was seriously hurt, I was at home 2 miles away and it rattled the windows and I thought "hello, the paddies are at it again!"

"On Tuesday, a bomb injured two people in the central England town of Leicester when it went off under an army vehicle which had just driven away from a recruiting office"
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1990/Second-Bomb-Goes-Off-Outside-Military-Recruiting-Office/id-7f45d73c70faec1276c1bddd16a45e85
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:10 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Well Catholics think they can make everything alright if they confess it to a priest!

I am not talking about that!

I am talking about paedophle priest molesting children and nazi loving Pope's!

don't you see the nonsense and how fake it all is?????

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 07:19 am
Quote:
Quehon said: I am talking about paedophle priest molesting children and nazi loving Pope's!
don't you see the nonsense and how fake it all is?????

I know, Catholicism is more like a Monty Python sketch than a religion!
For a start they pray to Jesus's human mum and to human "saints" even though the bible doesn't say you can do that!
The previous pope was an ex-nazi, (you couldn't make it up), and the current pope looks like Stan Laurel.
And like I said, catholics think they can commit mass murder and then confess to their priest to get forgiven!
Satans fingerprints are all over catholicism and I bet he's ROFL'ing his head off, at least he's got a sense of humour for convincing mugs to become catholics..Smile
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 08:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I'm saying that the Bible says that God's knowledge is perfect.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 08:49 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

God's perfection is directly related to his purpose. If his purpose is for us to have free will, then we must have choice.
Quote:
(Deuteronomy 30:19) . . . I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against YOU today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive,. . .
You tell me how a perfect God could offer choice if it is not available.

The biblical assertion that we're talking about here, however, is that God's knowlege is perfect, not God's general perfection.

You want me to rationalize your theological conundrum for you?

You're doing an illustrative job of it yourself.
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 09:19 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The biblical assertion that we're talking about here, however, is that God's knowlege is perfect, not God's general perfection.
Exactly!
God's knowledge is perfect in that he knows all that is necessary to his purpose.
0 Replies