The Absurdity of Atheism

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 07:33 pm
The arguments presented by Atheists are so illogical and hypocritical, that it's hard to imagine whether they are sane or not.

An atheist will deny or reject the teachings in religious scriptures and say that they are unsound or false because religious scriptures are made up of folklore and myths. They also state that saying a religious scripture is true because it says it's true is faulty logic.

But watch this. Ask any atheist about evoultion and what is their proof? They themselves refer to textbooks themselves as proof and claim that evolution is true for the same reasons why religious call their scriptures true. "Because it says so". That shows not only complete hypocrisy, but refutes the claim that evolution is true because according to atheists themselves, claiming something is true because it says it's true is faulty logic.

It doesn't end there though. To defend that foolish claim, they say that it's not based on say so. They say that the science has been peer-reviewed, analyzed, and witnessed, observed and tested, so it's a fact.

But watch this. How do you know that it's been witnessed, peer-reviewed, and analyzed, observed and tested? "Because it says so". Hahah. They defend their faulty logic with the same faulty logic.

Therefore, since all atheist claims and alleged evidence that evolution is true or God does not or may not exist is based on "because a book says so" and cannot even present evidence that the authors are speaking truthfully, then they have no logical reasoning to deny any religious scripture as truth when it's based on the same type of evidence for evolution as true, which is, "because a book says so".

The idiocy of atheists exposed.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:22 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Ever been to a museum, where many physical proofs of evolution are on display?
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:48 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Quote:
They defend their faulty logic with the same faulty logic.

The only faulty logic is the one you are using to define atheism and atheists.

Try again.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:14 pm
Give me some evidence that God exists.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Ever been to a museum, where many physical proofs of evolution are on display?

But how do we know those are real physical proofs?

How edgar? How, huh?

I guess I got you there. Some damn evolutionist probably when to the nearest hobby store and just bought a box with a put together model dinosuaer in it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:37 pm
@chai2,
Oh. Stung by logic. I guess the Leggo logo should be removed before letting the public in.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 12:02 am
@Al-Fatihah,
Why do you find it necessary to defend your parochial belief in your "God" with an ill - conceived appeal to "logic" ?
The answer to that is either you are uncertain of your beliefs and are trying to rationalize them to yourself, or you are attempting to secure your "ticket to heaven" by doing your duty in confronting the infidel.
All scientific theories are "best fit" solutions for the explanation and prediction of data. They help us predict and control what we define as "our world". They are open to constant revision. Logical "proof" has nothing to do with it. Theories tend to form of a self supportive paradigm of mutually coherent interconnections.
Scientific theories differ from religious beliefs because the latter have no power of prediction, merely "control" at the social level . They operate as post facto "explanations" of what the believer sees as "significant events". The social control factor is dominant, as is their role as a psychological palliative to alleviate our lack of total control. Parochial revision of religious details is resisted, hence the failure of some medieval religions like Islam to adapt to a changing world and police its adherents.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 03:29 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
I'll give you credit for pointing out that folks will go to great lengths to rescue whatever hypothesis they espouse.

It's called confirmation bias. It's common. And those seeking truth should work hard to avoid it.

I don't see much of that effort on a2k, though. Still, it's fun to be here.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 03:57 pm
@neologist,
You're the exception, neo.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 11:48 pm
Well, since there isn't a speck of evidence that the events in the Bible are true, I guess believing it constitutes confirmation bias.
neologist

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 12:58 am
@edgarblythe,
I find much benefit in your observations, edgar
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:01 am
@Brandon9000,
Hold still. Let me get that speck out of your eye. Very Happy
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:21 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Hold still. Let me get that speck out of your eye. Very Happy

Not an argument.
neologist

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:29 am
@Brandon9000,
Just a good natured way of bidding all a good night.
Krumple

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 02:59 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Just a good natured way of bidding all a good night.

Yep when you can't stand up to logic or reason, just bury your head in the sand and pretend as if nothing had be said. This protects your delusion.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 09:11 am
Neologist is a nice guy, but his arguments on this topic don't stand up to scrutiny, because his reasoning is wrong.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:26 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
Yep when you can't stand up to logic or reason, just bury your head in the sand and pretend as if nothing had be said. This protects your delusion.
It's called rescuing one's hypothesis. You are good at it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 04:13 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Science books are based on evidence and observable phenomena.

Folklore and Myths aren't.

They are not comparable.
0 Replies

stopsexismagainstmen

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 12:13 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
You have stated that there is an equal amount of evidence supporting the arguments for evolution as there is of a God creating the world?
Then you continue to call atheists 'idiots'? Surely that would also make religion an idiocy? And the fact that you have done this makes you an 'idiot', suggesting that it is idiots like you, who make the idea of a God, slightly more idiotic than that of evolution.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:21 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Al, ever-so-slightly OT but, muddy pen notwithstanding, how would you excuse the pious Christian who hangs Porky, a creature most friendly, possessing the intelligence of a 3-year-old humanoid, by his hind legs, cutting his throat so he bleeds to death before slaughter
0 Replies