The Absurdity of Atheism

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 06:11 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

Sort of mate- God said "I fill heaven and earth" (Jer 23:24)
And Jesus said "God is spirit" (John 4:24),
so God is a bit like The Force in Star Wars that we can tap into to get a supercharge boost.

So, no good definition then, only some statements in a 2000 year old book and a reference to a movie!
Is that all you can do???
So, as far as I am concerned, you haven't given a definition yet.

Quote:

Nobody knows. Even the great Christian Paul said - "My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)
All we know for sure is that anybody who doesn't like Jesus definitely can't be a Christian

I agree, NOBODY KNOWS.

Quote:

That's easy, just don't do the bits that Jesus wouldn't like.

Well, ok, show me those bits and tell me how you know jesus wouldn't like them?

Quote:

He didn't mean go round starting fights and stuff, he just meant peoples families would be upset if a member abandoned the boring old ways and turned to him-
"I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’(Matt 10:34)

And people turned to him in their thousands..
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )

Hmmm, a bit strange now eh? Now he likes to disrupt families as well.
He isn't a nice man at all!!!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 10:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
OMFA!
So in summary, you believe the bible, (the only proof of god) is **** and that it could not be right because some some old jews got it all wrong; I agree.
You hint that there is a still some god out there but you refuse to tell me how you come by this information or at least you have no clue if that is so. (I suspect based on your picture that YOU are really god and you wont tell us...thats why I no longer use OMG but rather OMFA [oh my frank Apsia])

Quote:
Get my meaning?

No...not for anything you'said...sorry. You seem very confused. (or are you purposely trying to be obtuse because thats your nature as a god in an effort to be mysterious?)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:22 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

OMFA!
So in summary, you believe the bible, (the only proof of god) is **** and that it could not be right because some some old jews got it all wrong; I agree.
You hint that there is a still some god out there but you refuse to tell me how you come by this information or at least you have no clue if that is so. (I suspect based on your picture that YOU are really god and you wont tell us...thats why I no longer use OMG but rather OMFA [oh my frank Apsia])

Quote:
Get my meaning?

Yes...you apparently cannot read any better than you can write.

Your post here is almost incoherent, John.

Quote:

No...not for anything you'said...sorry. You seem very confused. (or are you purposely trying to be obtuse because thats your nature as a god in an effort to be mysterious?)

You are the one who is confused, John.

Pick out one item and let's discuss it until you actually understand what I have said...rather than the fiction you are spinning about it.

Pick out the single one item (actually quote it and link to it)...and we will discuss it until you understand it.

Then we can move on to any others that may still be troubling you.

I'd suggest you pick out the one that causes you to use OMFA. Although I NEVER said I was god...it could be a fun place to start.

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
LOL...Ok frank...what do you believe is the true nature of this god you hint at? Where did it come from, what is it's purpose? How do you come by this info?

Ok...GO!
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:31 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Don't know, first you have to define God to me.
God is defined by his name, Jehovah, which transliterated means "He who causes to become", and by the intent associated with his name, that his purpose will always be fulfilled.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:54 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

LOL...Ok frank...what do you believe is the true nature of this god you hint at?

I have not hinted at any god, John.

That is why it would be better if you actually quoted what I have said.

I have absolutely NO IDEA if there are any gods or NOT.

None whatsoever.

Any notion you have that I think there is a GOD is totally a product of your imagination.

I HAVE NEVER EVER SAID there is a GOD.

So...the first part of your question dissolves completely into nothingness...BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HINTED IN ANY WAY that here is a GOD.

Quote:
Where did it come from, what is it's purpose? How do you come by this info?

Where did what come from? The god you are supposing I hinted at?

I don't know, John, because I think you made it up.l

I certainly never said that I think there is a GOD.

NEVER!

EVER!

So...the second part of your question dissolves into nothingness, because I have never said that I think there is a GOD.

Quote:

Ok...GO!

I just went. Now it is your turn.

By the way, if I didn't mention it:

I have absolutely no idea if there are any gods or not...and there is absolutely no way that I would hint at their being any gods (or that there are no gods), because I do not know if there are any gods or not.

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok...so you think the god of abraham doesnt exist and you have no idea if there is any other god...but you still hold out hope for the possibility. (so then you are an agnostic right?) Tell me, what would be the nature of this god you hope might exist? Where might it come from and what might be it's purpose?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:11 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
God is defined by his name, Jehovah, which transliterated means "He who causes to become", and by the intent associated with his name, that his purpose will always be fulfilled.

duh?????

q.e.d.

Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:26 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Ok...so you think the god of abraham doesnt exist and you have no idea if there is any other god...but you still hold out hope for the possibility. (so then you are an agnostic right?)

Why don't you learn to quote rather than characterize my comments, John? I quote each word of yours that I am referencing.

Have you ever heard me say anything about "holding out hope" for anything?

If not (and you haven't, because I doubt I have ever used that expression here in A2K)...why are you using that here?

Yes, I am an agnostic.

On the question of gods, here is my agnosticism:

I do not know if there is a GOD or if there are gods; I do not know if there are no gods; I see no reason to suspect gods cannot exist; I see no reason that suggests gods are needed to explain existence; I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction.

If you have a question about that...ask it. Stop making crap up and then questioning me about the crap.

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

If you have a question about that...ask it. Stop making crap up and then questioning me about the crap.

Ok frank calm down...take a pill. I'm very intuitive and I sense that your hope is that there is a god. It's kind of like the guy who says he's just Bi-sexual but it's really because he's afraid to admit he's a full fledged flamer. ( to quote Sienfeld, "not that theres anything wrong with that" )

So I take it you see no evidence of god, right? For if you did you would have said so. That being said, how can you say that you see no evidence that god needs to explain his existance? I mean the first notion cancels the second...and puts you in step with my postion that GOD DOES NOT EXIST...does it not?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:56 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Ok frank calm down...take a pill.

I'm fine...calm and having fun. But I have asked you a couple of times to quote what I write rather than characterize it, because you distort what I have written.

Quote:
I'm very intuitive and I sense that your hope is that there is a god.

Your intuition is way, way, way off. I do not hope there is a god...and I do not hope there are no gods. I do not hope either way on the question.

I acknowledge that I do not know; that I do not have enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess...and I am satisfied with that.

Quote:
It's kind of like the guy who says he's just Bi-sexual but it's really because he's afraid to admit he's a full fledged flamer. ( to quote Sienfeld, "not that theres anything wrong with that" )

I've got no idea of what this is supposed to mean. If you have something to say, John...just say it right out.

Quote:
So I take it you see no evidence of god, right?

I have already given you a concise explanation of my take on gods in my last post. Please refer back to it.

Quote:
For if you did you would have said so.

I have already given you a concise explanation of my take on gods in my last post. Please refer back to it.

Quote:
That being said, how can you say that you see no evidence that god needs to explain his existance?

What are you talking about? Where have I ever said that?

Quote what I said that forms the basis for this question...and I will answer it. You really do have to start using direct quotes though, John, because your characterizations of what I write is a complete distortion.

Quote:
I mean the first notion cancels the second...and puts you in step with my postion that GOD DOES NOT EXIST...does it not?

What are you talking about?

Quote what I said that causes you to ask whatever it is you are asking. (It is not clear what you are asking.)
giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 01:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,

It's kind of like the guy who says he's just Bi-sexual but it's really because he's afraid to admit he's a full fledged flamer. ( to quote Sienfeld, "not that theres anything wrong with that" )

This is an analogy... drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect; " the operation of a computer presents and interesting analogy to the working of the brain"; ...

So can I safely say, that on the subject of god, you just dont know? Is that a fair statement?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:01 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

This is an analogy... drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect; " the operation of a computer presents and interesting analogy to the working of the brain"; ...

So can I safely say, that on the subject of god, you just dont know? Is that a fair statement?

Yes.
giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Yes

Hallelujah!!!! Ok, now that we have that established...How is it you can debate the subject AND tell me that Im wrong in my position when by your own admission you dont know anything about the subject?
I did quote you correctly, didnt I?

Check and Mate
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:23 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Hallelujah!!!!
Heh, heh. Do you know what the transliteration of hallelujah actually means?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:25 pm
Quote:
Quehon said about Jesus: Now he likes to disrupt families as well.
He isn't a nice man at all!!!

If your parents and relations have wacko beliefs, surely you don't want to be like them? I hope you're not a mummy's boy doing what she tells you all the time, so maybe you're just not tough enough to be a Christian?
Be a daredevil like Jesus's young cousin John who was a world-rejecter living rough in the wilderness and sometimes going in town to yell insults at the snooty priests and corrupt rulers.
Jesus's verdict on him?-
"John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matt 11:11)

John vs Herod and Salome-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/johnvHerodC_zpsf997ccff.gif~original
giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:27 pm
@neologist,
LOL, ya I do! (he said tounge in cheek)

hal·le·lu·jah
/ˌhaləˈlo͞oyə/
exclamation
exclamation: hallelujah; exclamation: alleluia
1. God be praised (uttered in worship or as an expression of rejoicing).
"He is risen! Alleluia!"
noun
noun: hallelujah; plural noun: hallelujahs; noun: alleluia; plural noun: alleluias
1. an utterance of the word “hallelujah” as an expression of worship or rejoicing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 02:48 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Yes

Hallelujah!!!! Ok, now that we have that established...How is it you can debate the subject AND tell me that Im wrong in my position when by your own admission you dont know anything about the subject?
I did quote you correctly, didnt I?

Check and Mate

What is it with inadequate posters declaring victories that do not exist???

Here is what I wrote:

I do not know if there is a GOD or if there are gods; I do not know if there are no gods; I see no reason to suspect gods cannot exist; I see no reason that suggests gods are needed to explain existence; I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction.

You don't either...but you are discussing it.

Anyway...what I said there does not mean that I do not know anything about the subject. It only means I do not know if gods exist or not.

I apparently know more than you about the subject...insofar as I know I do not know if gods exist or not.

You on the other hand are kidding yourself into thinking you have "solved" a mystery that has baffled the brightest minds on the planet throughout recorded history.

You don't even know that you do not know.

Sad. But funny sad. Wink

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
FRANK WROTE:
Quote:
You don't either...but you are discussing it.

My dear boy I never said that I didnt know...on the contrary, I said I did know and that I based that knowledge on emperical eveidence.
By saying that YOU dont know can ONLY mean that you are NOT in a posititon to say I dont know or contridict my position unless you some how gain knowlegde and contrary evidence that shows my position to be incorrect.

FRANK WROTE:
Quote:
Anyway...what I said there does not mean that I do not know anything about the subject. It only means I do not know if gods exist or not.

Now Frank you have accused me of not directly quoting you...

I wrote;

You answered:

Quote:
Yes

Have I missed something?

FRANK WROTE:
Quote:
I apparently know more than you about the subject...insofar as I know I do not know if gods exist or not.

Frank, I believe this to be a non sequitur but it also seems to contradict your eariler admission that you dont know anything on the subject.

FRANK WROTE:
Quote:
You on the other hand are kidding yourself into thinking you have "solved" a mystery that has baffled the brightest minds on the planet throughout recorded history.

Frank, I havent solved anything. It was solved when we finally were able to prove emperically that HUP and the 2 slit experiment demonstrates that an ominscient being can not exist. Wink

You may want to cut your losses on this one buddy.
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 05:15 pm
@giujohn,
Go back a little further in the language.
The end syllable, 'jah' is the shortened form of the Hebrew word 'Jehovah'.
So, you are literally saying praise Jehovah!
Good work!