The Absurdity of Atheism

giujohn

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 09:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What you fail to address is that the god of the bible, according to the bible, is not a construct of man. The bible is GOD'S WORD. HE is saying he is omniscient, not man. And I have proved that the god described can not exist.

Now please, please tell me to which god YOU are referring, because I think we are inagreement that the god of Abraham doesnt exist!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 10:02 pm
Quote:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Fake-pic_zps7049bc05.jpg~original
Romeo said: Ha ha it don't say nothing like that in any bible i've ever seen, somebody must be making up them photoshop pics!
Quehon admitted: ok, I agree with this one, however it shows you how nuts those religious people are!

The pic was faked by LYING ATHEISTS and you swallowed it!
Remember, all atheists are liars so don't let them keep making a mug of you..Smile

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ" (1 John 2:22)
Jesus said: “If God were your Father, you would love me,You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires..there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies"- (John 8:42-44)
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 10:02 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

giujohn wrote:
And this just proves my point...if god was omnscient we wouldnt have free will!
But God is not omniscient. At least he has the power to choose not to be omniscient.

An all powerful God can not be subject to necessity. He then would no longer be omnipotent.

But you're only arguing one side of the omnipotence paradox in order for it to fit your theology.

The Bible says God's knowledge is perfect. You're saying that this isn't necessarily so.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
well, Christians/ Catholics are lyers too and that is sooooo easy to proof!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
and funny you pick exactly this one out to comment on!

that's the easy way out.

well, still believe the bible is really a 'instruction manual"?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:55 pm
Quote:
Quehon said: well, Christians/ Catholics are lyers too and that is sooooo easy to proof!

But mate, true Christians HATE lying and would never do it in a million years!
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:58 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
really??????

tell me then about the priest and nun's and what have you who have abused children for years and lied to their teeth about it?

Ahhhhh, I get it! they were no real christians!!?? right?!

Jesus!!!!

Don't drown yourself in this bible ****!

Cheers mate!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:01 am
@InfraBlue,
Define perfect.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:01 am
Quote:
Quehon said: tell me then about the priest and nun's and what have you who have abused children for years and lied to their teeth about it?
Ahhhhh, I get it! they were no real christians!!?? right?!

You got it mate, TRUE Christians don't do that stuff..Smile
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:02 am
And for the vatican, the centre of all this criminial activities:

read this one for a change:

http://freethoughtnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/booknopope.jpg

Quote:
This book is an all in one expose of the Catholic Church and their leaders who have lied, cheated their parishioners and the world for 2000 years...this expose names names and takes no prisoners...gets past the infallibility claims and public relation campaigns that still go on...for Catholics, ex-Catholics and the world. The mafia, the drugs, weapons, molestations are not the work of the holy...but the work or criminals.
http://www.amazon.com/Book-Pope-Would-Want-Read/dp/1617590290

Tell me this, if they are no lyers why did the vatican Pope finance Hitler??
Why does the pop have stocks in condom factories while a the same time saying they are agains condoms and so on and so forth?

They are creeps pretending to be holly, and you fell for that!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:04 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
byut that is AGAIN, circulair reasoning!

anyway, than you must agree the vatican/pope is also not a christian!!!

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:07 am
Quote:
Quehon said to me: and you pick exactly this one out to comment on!
that's the easy way out.
well, still believe the bible is really a 'instruction manual"?

I've told you mate, the Old Testament harshness is OLD HAT and Jesus TRASHED its harshness, so the OT quotes you've been posting don't count any more!
You seem so obsessed with the OT that I'm beginning to think you're a fire and brimstone oldtime preacher..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:10 am
Quote:
Quehon said: anyway, than you must agree the vatican/pope is also not a christian!!!

As long as catholics go on praying to Jesus's human mum and to human "saints" they're making fools of themselves. Nowhere does the Bible say to do that, so in that respect they're certainly not Christians..Smile
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:27 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Define perfect.

Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind. Complete; thorough; utter; absolute.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 01:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
As long as catholics go on praying to Jesus's human mum and to human "saints" they're making fools of themselves. Nowhere does the Bible say to do that, so in that respect they're certainly not Christian

it's a bit vague now. is the pope/vatican catholic or not?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 01:03 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I've told you mate, the Old Testament harshness is OLD HAT and Jesus TRASHED its harshness, so the OT quotes you've been posting don't count any more!
You seem so obsessed with the OT that I'm beginning to think you're a fire and brimstone oldtime preacher

Well, that is not my fault, you started out defining the bible as an 'instruction manual' , you didn't say to leave this or that out. So, offcourse I assumed the 'whole bible'.

And still no answer, so I try again, is the bible in your view still an 'instruction manual"????

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:51 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

What you fail to address is that the god of the bible, according to the bible, is not a construct of man.

What YOU have failed to address is the fact that even if the Bible is WRONG about every aspect of a GOD...

...that has no impact on the question of whether or not a GOD exists.

In fact, IF everything every human has ever thought or said about GODS is totally wrong...

...that would not impact on the question of whether or not a GOD exists.

We humans may simply not be up to the job of understanding the concept of GOD.

Quote:
The bible is GOD'S WORD.

That may be bull turds...and it would not impact on the question of whether or not there is a GOD.

Try to get that through you brain. You are way, way too focused on the god of the Bible to actually be dealing with the question of whether or not a GOD exists.

Quote:
HE is saying he is omniscient, not man. And I have proved that the god described can not exist.

You have not come close to proving anything...and even if you could (which I think you cannot)...you would not be dealing with the question of whether or not there is a GOD...but rather with the question of whether or not a bunch of ancient Hebrews got it correct.

Quote:

Now please, please tell me to which god YOU are referring, because I think we are inagreement that the god of Abraham doesnt exist!

We are not even in agreement on that, John. The GOD of Abraham may exist...but the ancient Hebrews may have screwed up in their description of it.

In any case, I have no idea of the true nature of the REALITY of existence...which obviously means I do not know if GODS exist...or anything about their nature if they do.

And I am not going to pat myself on the back in an Internet forum with the pretense that I am able to do what the brightest humans have been unable to do throughout history.

Get my meaning?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 05:13 am
Quote:
Quehon said to me: it's a bit vague now. is the pope/vatican catholic or not?
And still no answer, so I try again, is the bible in your view still an 'instruction manual"????

Who do you think I am, God?
Haha, only HE can say whether anybody really is a true Christian or not..Smile
As for "instruction manual", it depends which part of it you're talking about.
For example in the New T God said through Jesus-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor" (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
which sound like good instructions to me..Smile

But in the Old T it says kill witches and stuff. You can do that if you like but I don't think Jesus would be too pleased!
PS- i've been penpalling with a witch for 15 years and we get on alright, i haven't burnt her at the stake yet..Smile
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 05:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Who do you think I am, God?

Don't know,first you have define god to me. Can you?

Quote:
Haha, only HE can say whether anybody really is a true Christian or not..

Really? And how does he, it, or she do that then? Give some examples please?

Quote:
As for "instruction manual", it depends which part of it you're talking about.
For example in the New T God said through Jesus-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor" (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
which sound like good instructions to me..

As I said, you have to state which parts are valid for an 'instruction manual' and which parts are not. You haven't done that yet.

Quote:
But in the Old T it says kill witches and stuff. You can do that if you like but I don't think Jesus would be too pleased!

Now it is about pleasing jesus? My god!
btw I thought jesus was the one who came NOT to bring peace, but a sword!!!!!
http://www.motivationalquotes.com/postcards/cards/Matthew10_24.jpg

explain!

Quote:
PS- i've been penpalling with a witch for 15 years and we get on alright, i haven't burnt her at the stake yet.

Matter of time. Wink
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 06:02 am
Quote:
Quehon said to me-
define god to me. Can you?

Sort of mate-
God said "I fill heaven and earth" (Jer 23:24)
And Jesus said "God is spirit" (John 4:24),
so God is a bit like The Force in Star Wars that we can tap into to get a supercharge boost..Smile

Quote:
Quehon said: And how does he, it, or she [judge who's a true Christian] then?

Nobody knows. Even the great Christian Paul said - "My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)
All we know for sure is that anybody who doesn't like Jesus definitely can't be a Christian..Smile

Quote:
Quehon said: You have to state which parts [of the Bible] are valid for an 'instruction manual' and which parts are not. You haven't done that yet.

That's easy, just don't do the bits that Jesus wouldn't like..Smile

Quote:
Quehon said: I thought jesus was the one who came NOT to bring peace, but a sword!!!!!
explain

He didn't mean go round starting fights and stuff, he just meant some peoples families would go ballistic if a member abandoned the boring old ways and turned to him-
"I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household" (Matt 10:34)

And people turned to him in their thousands..Smile
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )