have feelings for a profesor since 3 years, advice needed

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:55 pm
well I hope that those that are probably able to do something will do it
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:02 pm
Seeing as how questions has only responded in a hostile way to the sound advice given here by all, I have decided to be insensitive, and post this classic Van Halen tune:

HOT FOR TEACHER

Oh, wow, man, I said
Wait a second, man
What do you think the teacher's gonna look like this year?
**** man!

Uh!
Oh yeah!

T-T-teacher stop that screamin'
Teacher don't you see?
Don't wanna be no uptown fool
Maybe I should go to hell
But I am doing well
Teacher needs to see me after school

I think of all the education that I've missed
But then my homework was never quite like this!

Ow! Got it bad,
Got it bad,
Got it bad,
I'm hot for teacher!
I've got it bad, so bad
I'm hot for teacher!

Hey, I heard you missed us
We're back! (Hey!)
I brought my pencil
Give me something to write on, man!
Whoa

Uh!

Ooo-oo-ooo

I heard about your lessons
but lessons are so cold
I didn't know about this school
Little girl from Cherry Lawn
How can you be so bold?
How did you know that golden rule?

I think of all the education that I've missed
But then my homework was never quite like this!

Whoa! Got it bad,
Got it bad,
Got it bad,
I'm hot for teacher!
I've got it bad, so bad
I'm hot for teacher!

Whoa!
(Guitar Solo)

Oh man, I think the clock is slow
(What are you doin' this weekend?) I don't feel tardy
Class dismissed!
Ooh-yeah!

I've got it bad,
Got it bad,
Got it bad,
I'm hot for teacher!

Whoa!
Oh! Ooh, yes I'm hot
Wow!

Oh my God!
Woo!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:17 pm
I liked one of my teachers in high school. He looked so cute in his lab coat. I baked him cookies once. But I didn't LIKE him, like him. Well, maybe a little, but I didn't have time to dwell on it or consider all the ramifications because I had other things to do: school, part time job, busy social life, etc.

Shouldn't questions be studying for finals about now?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:20 pm
I had crushes on teachers, in high school and university, but I recognized that they were fantasies, not reality. Also, once you started to learn about which professors were sleeping with the others, it just became ridiculous to even consider.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:34 pm
Speculation is running a bit rampant, isn't it? I don't think we have enough information to start talking about interventions. (Nor do I think that would be appropriate.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:37 pm
I would agree that we do not have any right to call for an intervention here, but questions' hostility towards our advice is a tad disturbing, and troubling.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:39 pm
no, I don't think that we have enough information to start talking about interventions neither. Nor do I think that it would be appropriate because there is still possibility that we could harm someone that is actually not lunatic stalker like her every recent post is saying that she is.
I do think, however, that some things should be kept in mind. For possible different scenarios.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:41 pm
fact that someone sound like a classic obsessed stalker still does not mean that she HAS to be one. But I am worried that she very easily might be.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:34 pm
Well, I don't think she's a stalker, exactly. But at 3 years, this has definitely gone past the "crush" stage.

I think she's angry because we're not telling her what she wants to hear. She has no intention of staying away from this professor...she is still actively looking for excuses to see him. (Normally, if someone acts uncomfortable around you, it makes you uncomfortable and you avoid them. But in her warped view, it gives her another reason to spend private time with him.) The fact that she maintains good grades and other friends has nothing to do with the fact that she is nurturing this obsession.

My feeling, from reading her posts, is that she will not listen to anybody at this point. Her reasoning is too clouded.
0 Replies

questions

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:10 pm
Sure, you guys can get a intervention if you want. There is 35,000 students in my school. I wish you luck on find out who I am. I have nothing to be scare of, I treat the man with respect so I have nothing to worry. Go head and get an intervention. And good luck on tracking down who sit behind the computer screen.
And just to update, I didn't have the guts to confront him. So yeah, didn't talk to him. But since I sound so much like a stalker, you guys can Email the school and tell on me, lolz! hahaha!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 09:58 pm
And lonely, because this kind of episode is a lonely place to be.

I was a lonely person - quite a while ago as in +40 years, but I can remember it, I remember roiling around whirlwinds of thought about me, and I can imagine all that being exacerbated as one would feel more misunderstood, alone.
Still, remembering my old self in my first after school job, which probably socialized a fairly isolated me, I responded to the people who treated me as a normal human with some kind of joy. Not that that is so fine of me, but shows a kind of recuperation.

Our poster is quite adamant in her sense of isolated self, with the eye to a, shall I say it, father figure. I don't mean to taunt, I think she needs counseling and comfort and bolstering.

I am hoping she listens to us and just passes the course, and then really does go for serious conselling. I think Questions is close to right in what might have been a quick choice of words, Obsession, and that it is something she needs to snap out of and pay more attention to building who she is as a person.

Snapping out of it might not be easy, and yes, there must be school consellers available.

Edit to change my first sentence, which didn't make any sense even to me.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 01:04 am
questions, we hope that you are not stalker - however, fact that you are very hostile to everyone and change your opinions and quotes in every single post makes us worried.
Nobody will intervene in front.
But, if you do something, unless your college is some secret college for stalkers, there may be 350,000 students - but only one stalker.
Everybody still hopes that you will listen to advices everybody is giving to you - don't you see that NOBODY supports your views and opinions? And that doesn't mean we have something against you. Au contraire.
0 Replies

jacquie

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 03:25 am
Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: äb-'se-sh&n, &b-
Function: noun
1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
2 : something that causes an obsession
- ob·ses·sion·al /-'sesh-n&l, -'se-sh&-n&l/ adjective
- ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

Dear Questions,
You are a young woman who is just beginning to learn about yourself and life. The learning you do in life, is similar to your learning process in college. It takes study and debate. This creates understanding.
Your understanding helps create your judgment. Your judgment helps create your character. Your character defines your actions. Your actions help create your friendships, your intimate relationships (basically all aspects of your daily life.)

The way I see it, and you are 100% right, I don't know you personally, I don't live in your skin and I don't have to deal with all the struggles you contend with. BUT - we do have several things in common.
1. I am a human being
2. I am female
3. I know what it feels like to be 21
4. I know about UNREQUITED LOVE.

Isn't this what you are sooo incredibly frustrated about? You are "in love" with a man who treats you like your nothing. Moreover, it has in your opinion, turned into less than nothing because you note that he doesn't even treat you like the student you are.

Questions, this observation YOU HAVE CONVEYED HERE is very telling. That is why so many caring folks here are worried for you. Your frustration with your professor and this UNREQUITED LOVE you harbor has turned what may have in your mind started as ADMIRATION AND RESPECT into OBSESSION.

Forget about your assumptions for just a minute - Questions. Hear me out. You don't know me either. You don't live in my skin and you haven't come close to the challenges at your young age that most of us here have faced.

If you continue to devote your emotional self to this frustration it will manifest itself.
Some have mentioned the word "Stalker" or "Stalking". I personally don't agree with that consensus. The word by definition means "to hunt down" and you don't seem like your hunting down anyone.

You do seem however at the point of doing something incredibly stupid. Do you really want to ask your professor why he's treating you differently?? What will this solve? At best you'll have an answer - that will not really be an answer you need to hear. I'm sure your professor doesn't want to hurt your feelings. But that disclosure from him will not make him return your feelings in any way. So that hellfire frustration you feel is not going to be satisfied. That's why UNREQUITED LOVE is so devastating. IT CAUSES YOU TO WALK AWAY. Why? Because the person of your affections IS NOT INTERESTED IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.
No amount of time, energy, expense, or brilliant plan will change it.
<<<<Okay, I can hear you telling me I have no clue, right.>>>> But you would be 1000% wrong. I do have a clue. See my Topic Post "I Emailed an Old Flame". I have been were you are, except I was 17 and I was in HIGH SCHOOL.
Hey Questions, its your life. Your whole life. But please think of yourself enough to know that REGARDLESS of how you feel today, you WILL find someone who will admire, respect and love you JUST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN HANDLE.
Its time to move on, okay? Don't you want to find another man, (I really don't care if he's another man who happens to be 61 - ageism isn't my thing) who you can share your heart with? Aren't you the least bit tired of fantasizing? Wouldn't you like to stop living a fantasy life? Wouldn't you be interested in feeling happy for real instead of frustrated, lonely and angry? Oh, I forgot - your perfectly fine except for this tiny little thing - THATS DRIVING YOU CRAZY!
Stop making excuses. We know - your too busy, too shy, too something.
Whatever you do, don't get yourself into legal troubles - we all would hate to say - "we told you so."

I hope it all works out for you. You seem like a nice person and I hate when bad things happen to nice people.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:16 am
questions, since you are apparently not a native English speaker, may I suggest that perhaps your curiosity is piqued because this man is from the same country or culture as you? If so, perhaps there are student organizations you can attend, where you can meet other students from wherever it is you're from.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:44 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Does no one else see this? Sounds like time for an intervention.

When I said this, I was referring to people who know her in person, wondering if anyone notices any signs of depression or changes in her personality. I wasn't suggesting anyone here should "intervene" in any way.
0 Replies

questions

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:45 am
no, he not from the same country as me, and yes am not a native english speaker. I only come to America for 6 years, am Hispanic and he American.
But yeah, you guys right, I have no guts to confront this guys and even if I confront him, it won't change anything. I sure read all your reply and will take it to a consideration, thanks for all the advice.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:57 am
Hi questions, glad to see that you're reconsidering. Good luck!
0 Replies