Is it possible to connect when you meet through e-mail?

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:07 pm
WAAAAAAAAAAAY cuter! Cuter, even, than a bug's behind!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:10 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:18 pm
dlowan, the hotel thing seems like a must, for the reason you've stated, it gives both people a chance for an out without too much drama- and, if there is a romantiic connection, well, you can jut spend the night in the hotel.

i also think, that if someone who is goiing to travel that distance to meet someone else, that in some degree, unless you have completley lied about your looks, ass in sending a picture of victoria'ss secret model, whatever, that the situation is primed for a degree of success-- i'm saying this for my benefit, even if it's untrue, cause i'm feeling a bit shaky about eventually meeting... the whole thing makes me a bit nutty-- i mean, it'd be so much easier if the person were nearby, making the whole interaction more casual.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:35 pm
Yeah - it is the waiting, eh?

The fella just went for it, in my case. Just said he'd like to come down for a long weekend. I said ok, that's nice, or something. Nervous inside, though - then didn't really think about it until a day or two before.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:11 pm
dlowan wrote:
Nervous inside, though - then didn't really think about it until a day or two before.

Wow...I found the anticipation of meeting an online sweetie painfull anticipation....complete with a severe case of butterflies in the stomach. :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:20 pm
Hmmm - as I said, this is a lower chemistry thing for me. Which I quite like - I feel in control!!!!! And he is so lovely, I think it worth giving it time and space to see what grows.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:30 pm
taptaptap
i need those galleries updated
it is too weird to see one of my shoes in the baby photos
Shocked
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:35 pm
dlowan, it's interesting what you say about the lower chemistry thing. i find that if i'm lower chemisty, it usually means i simply am not interested.

i don't hook up with potential boyfriends casually, there is a lot of checking them out. and they have to focus on me-- not in a "i love you my darling, mon cherie, i will shower you with jewels and champagne, and phone you everyday" kind of a way.

rather, that they're willing to take the time to get to know me, that when we write, or talk there is a quiet, and thoughful way of learning about each other.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:37 pm
i wish i was more like the rip my clothes off and get on with the hula type, alas, i am not.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:11 pm
Gala wrote:
i wish i was more like the rip my clothes off and get on with the hula type, alas, i am not.

LOL Gala...believe me, when you meet a guy you have chemistry with, you will turn into the rip my clothes off and get on with the hula type real fast. There is a wild woman in there Gala....it'll take the right man to bring her to life. Cool :wink:
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:18 pm
untrue, doglover, i rip my clothes off if i don't care about where the relationship is going... it's so much easier to have sex when you don't want much from the person...but, if it's about love, the stakes are just so much higher, and in that case i want to be on some footing where i won't lose my mind from heartbreak.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:52 pm
ehBeth wrote:
taptaptap
i need those galleries updated
it is too weird to see one of my shoes in the baby photos
Shocked

Oh, Beth - BAHhahahaha. I'll request the removal of this last shot. Looks like he got them all but this one! What a riot!

Love the old black and whites!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:02 pm
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10008/normal_dad%201932.jpg

Now this is cute!

Very Happy
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:38 pm
Gala wrote:
untrue, doglover, i rip my clothes off if i don't care about where the relationship is going... it's so much easier to have sex when you don't want much from the person...but, if it's about love, the stakes are just so much higher, and in that case i want to be on some footing where i won't lose my mind from heartbreak.

Why can't you have BOTH Gala? That's the ideal, IMO.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 03:43 am
Both would be great dl but I am with Gala on this. If I were in her shoes and had strong emotional ties already I would be well - a little in inhibited. To many broken hearts I guess.

Those sometimes dreaded words, "I'll call you". Can not bear to hear them ever.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:13 am
I understand what you and Gala are saying Joanne...I think you both are talking about falling in love...real, deep, life-long, committed, consuming true love. What I'm talking about is falling in lust. Quite a difference I'd say. In my response to Gala I confused the two. Confused
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:48 am
Umm not me lust v. love what is the dif? Equal an measure of both a good relationship make. But a relationship forever, not.

I just hate the big lie I'll call you and would rather her a honest goodbye - often the feeling is mutual.

And I cannot speak for Gala but love over the net possible but not probable. Too much room for fantasy me thinks.
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:34 pm
I dunno G.L. (Gala)
If a guy would have said the word "BUG" to me, I would think that a stretch (I mean who cares about BUGS for goodness sake. Unless he was talking about AFRICAN KILLER BEES, then he would need to get his butt to the city.) - I am somewhat joking here, of course.

Words and actions can say TWO different things. What do his actions say to you? Hopefully they say what his words are more cautious to define. (Just my two cents!) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:05 pm
hi samatha, yes, that was my take on it-- as in what the #$%# is he talking about? it was just too comical, so of course i had to bring it up when we talked on the phone- there is a cautiousness on both sides, but an ease, as well. and we talked for a long time... some light stuff, some heavier stuff, i'd say just the right balance. this is going to be an on going thing, it's going to be months before we actually meet-- so the best i can hope for is that the correspondence continues...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:06 pm
doglover, thanks for recognizing the difference- lust is easy, love is a pain-in-the-ass.
0 Replies