Is it possible to connect when you meet through e-mail?

Gala

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:05 pm
kicky, kicky, what the blankity-blank is wrong with you? haven't you ever heard of tongue-in-cheek? Please, continue...

i shall ebeth...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:37 pm
Gala, I didn't think you were kicking me out or anything, don't worry. I just feel like if I analyze it too much it will jinx it or something. I'm still listening to see how your pursuits go though. :wink:
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:40 pm
nah, kicky, it won't jinx it, at all. trying to figure out some of the cues will help you have some balance and perspective on the situation. i mean, none of us enter into a potential relationship and say, "boy, i hope this doesn't work out'...nonetheless, i know what you are saying and i respect that. from a girls point of view, it'd behoove you to show your sensitive side, it's just so stinking appealing...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:54 pm
Lol! This IS interesting!

I confess I am seeing a fella I met on-line right now. Well, not so much right now, cos he is half a continent away - but we are getting together for long weekends and such. And he will be meeting some friends soon - yikes! Now THAT is scary.

I kinda like the long distance thing. I think mebbe a coupla long-distance fellas would just about do me? At least for now! As long as they didn't come on the same weekends! I need my space.

Of course, one could argue that one to two thousand miles is a little excessive!

And - this fella wants to speak EVERY DAY! I don't see love-of-my-life-live-in-the-same-city fellas every day!

We shall see.

But, chemistry is chemistry - email or not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:15 pm
ahhhhhh, meeting friends.

i had Setanta vetted by some friends within 24 hours of meeting him. i knew one of them for sure would tell me if he was a prime a$s.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:23 pm
Hmmmmmmmmm.......
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:27 pm
Was or had...? (I have friends who have told me both.) (My bestest oldest friend was here this weekend and reminded me of all kinds of things I'd forgotten about of early days of E.G. courtship... fun.) (And yay for bunny romance!! :-D)
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:55 pm
ehBeth wrote:
i had Setanta vetted by some friends within 24 hours of meeting him

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:12 am
Gala an eight hour drive does not seem like much of a hurdle to me. Of course I grew up in the South West and an 8 hour drive won't even get you out of most of the state out here.

However, eight hours, still is not long. You could meet for dinner in the middle perhaps! But you, in my opinion, should heed your instincts, women have that unanny knowledge about these things dontcha know.

Sorry about the Mr. and Ms. Right Betheh, I guess you two are just favs of mine. And we have known each other for so many years now.

As for kickycan taking over the thread - well that avatar of his just begs for attention.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:31 am
So eBeth had me vetted, eh?

I wondered why that one guy kept liftin' my lips and checkin' out my teeth and gums. Then he'd ruffle my hair, tell me i was a good boy an' offer me a dog biscuit.

Beth has some majorly weird friends . . .
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:02 am
dlowan, what was it like when you met this fella for the first time? i think that would be more nerve-racking than introducing your friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:06 am
Setanta, you know you like Arthur!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:15 am
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

yer a bad girl . . .
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:17 am
o, you two are so cute
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:18 am
He's the cute one.
I am NOT cute. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:19 am
Are too . . .

The lil' doggies say so, too . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:20 am
Just you wait!

(once the photo gallery here is updated, I'll really show you cute)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:03 pm
Gala wrote:
dlowan, what was it like when you met this fella for the first time? i think that would be more nerve-racking than introducing your friends.

Lol! Nah - friends is harder!

Hmmmmmm - well, I kind of set it up in way that was reductive of noives, and I insisted he stay in a hotel so it was easier if things dinna work out "romantically" as it were, and we could just have fun as friends. I knew we could do THAT! We can make each other laugh until we are hysterical, so that I knew we were fine.

To be honest, the chemistry is way more successful for him than for me - but I am giving things time. I think a crunch may come soonish, where he wants a lot more seriousness than I do - but again, I am just giving it all time. It is very nice. There was very little awkwardness - I am an odd mix of a personality - (kinda nervous and anxious, but also decided and "out there") but I trust my judgment when it comes to whether things will be ok with a fella - (you know, safety and such) and when I decide I want to do something, I am pretty bold - I just DO it. Of course, I have usually done a lot of - prolly mostly subconscious - assessment before that stage.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:04 pm
Bethieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is SO cute!!!!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:04 pm
Cuter than a bugs ear for sure.
0 Replies