13

How to build trust again.

Crazielady420

5  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 10:41 am
Well I don't feel the need to look at or inquire who his texts or emails are from. That wouldn't be building trust, it would just be micromanaging and not worth the time or effort. We've talked, I've told him that the phone going off brings bad memories up and explained why. He has offered to show me and I told him I don't need to see, that I just need to trust him. He hasn't given me a reason not to.

Baby steps. Doesn't mean I will stop wondering anytime soon, but I confronted my fears.
Jenaia

1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 11:17 am
@Crazielady420,
congratulations Smile I hope it all works out!

relationshippro

0  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:47 am
@Crazielady420,
- Understand the importance of trust. Relationships are meaningless without trust. It kills both the partners deep inside.
- Blame yourself. The reason why you are having a trust deficit is only you. You have to realize and accept your mistakes before you can move forward.
- Don’t do it again. This is the single most important thing.
- Do it by your deeds. The only way to get back the trust is by your deeds.
- Be patient. It is a slow process, and you'll have to be patient and consistent.
- Be ready to sacrifice. In order to gain the trust back, you need to make real sacrifices.
- Think about what you did. Now that someone has lost trust in you, you need to think about how you lost that trust, where you went wrong, and how to earn back their trust.
- Surprise them frequently.
- Show them you mean it. Be genuinely contrite and sincere. Go out of your way! Do not try to justify yourself or give excuses.
- Write your apology. Write a card, thoughtful e-mail or letter.
Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:36 am
My sister's marriage was doomed from the start because she was so distrusting, she used to fish his torn-up betting slips out of the wastepaper basket and piece them together like a jigsaw to see how much he'd been putting on!
FOUND SOUL

1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
No wonder you went for bacon woman Smile

Bella Dea

1  
Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 05:54 pm
Being upfront with him is the first step. If you truly love this man and want him to be a part of your life, you have to trust him. It's unfair to him to have to build trust where someone else broke it, but it's a fact. If he is willing to accept this that's great. He obviously knows about your past. Let him decide if he wants your baggage. He might willingly offer to help you carry it.

When we love someone, we do insane things to make them happy. It might seem like he's being unnaturally easy with you regarding this but perhaps he just loves you and wants to make this work. We look past many flaws in those we love because we see something even better behind those dysfunctions and we don't mind scaling a few walls to get to it Wink

ossobuco

2  
Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 06:01 pm
@relationshippro,
Look, pro, you read this situation incorrectly and are giving a lecture to the person whose trust was repeatedly violated.

First lesson of being a relationship pro: listen, read.

thanes1

1  
Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 01:47 pm
@Crazielady420,
thanks for your inspirational post!!

Germlat

1  
Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 01:26 pm
@Crazielady420,
Maybe you're not ready to date. Give yourself more time. Don't invest in a relationship until you're ready.

zoraidablackwell

2  
Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:43 am
first i will understand all the situation to clear all my mistake then i will make trust again.
Application Development Agra