How do you get rid of sty's?

harleycallie

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:45 pm
Omg!!! The steam works! Boiling water in a mug, place eye over mug, resting head on rim. Stings a little but within seconds it brings the sty to a white head which u can then squeeze/push the pus out.
0 Replies

Betty71

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 09:37 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
I've got styes coincidence of not just after my baby was born.
Maybe it was to much stress with the pregnancy and me working long hours as a medical assistant.
The baby is now 6 months and I work at home for a medical organization Edit [Moderator]: Link removed and the stayes are gone!
My conclusion is that it was the stress Smile
0 Replies

abacadabragail

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:38 am
@CriticalMass,
*years later* It might lead to infection.
0 Replies

mroseah

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 03:48 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
I unfortunately get sty's about once a year. Especially when I am tired and run down. What ALWAYS works for me is hot water and baby shampoo (ie: Johnson and Johnsons)
Take a folded clean wash cloth and soak it with the hottest water you can stand then hold it gently against your eye. Repeat 4-5 times in a row. Once you have done that use a q-tip to gently clean along your eyelashes with a the baby shampoo (I usually mix a couple drops into a little bit of water)
Rinse with warm water, repeat the hot compress again. And do the whole treatment 2 or 3 times a day!
I've never had a sty last more than three days, even after waking up with one so bad I could only open my eye a slit! Hope this helps! And btw Advil is better than Tylenol for pain as it reduces swelling.
ps: dont use the same wash cloth, get a clean one each time!
0 Replies

ANEESA01

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 02:54 am
I have a stye it is driving me crazy it has affected my day and my other eye I don't know what to do anymore Sad so I decided to try some of the home remedies to find out what home remedy works best the reason why I'm turning to home remedies is because my doctor gave me a antibiotic eye drops in another doctor gave me antibiotic pills both of them are not working fast enough to take away the pain or the swelling like I said it has now affected the other eye and I look like both my lights been punched out lol and I have to wear sunglasses when I go to the store even at night or anywhere else for that matter because I don't want people to take my husband is beating on me lol so if there's anyone else out there that have more home remedies please bring it on I need as much as I can get thank you sincerely miss don't know what to do Sad
0 Replies

shellsluv47

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 07:21 pm
Use matches and rub on the sty with it, it works and it will be gone with in a couple of hours. . But be careful it's beat to get someone else to do it for you !!!
0 Replies

chelle47

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 07:52 pm
@reises pieces3,
Some ppl or just prone to them.I'm 47 and just got my first sty from whatmy eye doctor was saying iit's just like getting pink eye,a cold etc I use a ointment ,warm water and antibiotics it never came to a head ,but has shrunk.
0 Replies