rwatkinson

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 05:36 pm
@cutie 84,
i used the tea-bag and it didn't work
0 Replies

cody1234

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 08:04 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Keep it simple: good hand washing, keep your hands away from your face, warm hot moist compress to area as many times as possible until gone.
0 Replies

Mirandaa 503

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:16 pm
@Gods groovy lady,
With the sty, I currently have one and I put ice on it cause its super swollen and it does help make the swelling go down!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:38 pm
To get rid of a sty, the first thing you need to do is sell off the hogs . . .
0 Replies

megan99

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:48 am
@Glass Tyrant,
it will go away on it own if u let it it would take about a week i think a hot compress helps with some irration and helps wit the pain. i would not advise picking at it cuase that hirts i did it and also would not pop it cuase that would hurt and u can spread the infection to ur other eye. i heard something about a tea bag would help to put it on there when it is warm.. i have one now and it annoying i know but upbright side is it will go away
0 Replies

Tori bj Bell

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:41 am
@Turner 727,
i had a stye a month ago and if you make some tea, soak the hot tea bag over your stye. as the tea bag drys it suck up some of the puss to make it heal faster
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Bennyson

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 08:52 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Ummmm put some hot water(Fairly hot water) on the eye in a bag or something like that and do that 5-10 min every day the skin will soften and pus will come out but if blood comes out after still push
0 Replies

yung50babymami

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:52 am
@kikirocks,
I just wanted to let you know that the boiling water in a cup worked within 5 minutes.............I would recommend anyone with one to try it...........its nasty when it busts open...............Thanx
0 Replies

crashking22

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 09:37 pm
@Glass Tyrant,
I just got one for the first time and read from another site to get a cup about half full with hot water then to place your eye over the cup as close as you can. As the steam rises and comes in contact with your eye it will soothe and reduce the swelling. I just did it a few minutes ago and feel much better. I haven't noticed any reduction regarding the swelling yet though.
0 Replies

pungentSTD

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 08:55 pm
@jenjenx,
Ooo girl, sounds like a herpe.
0 Replies

JolteonLover

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 12:41 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Put a washcloth in hot water and put it on the sty (stye?). Make sure that the washcloth is hot enough, but don't burn your face. If there's a whitehead on the sty you can also get two q-tips and push on the sides of the sty. It's good if you do that and pus (eew) comes out.
0 Replies

lavone

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 02:36 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
you can but a cold or hot compress on the eye or you can also go to your doctor and have them put a needle and make it go away :\
0 Replies

Sherika

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 12:37 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Tobradex drops. But you still need to go to the doctor and have it checked.
Because it looks all same, but the medication is still depends on ho w bad the infection is. If it's not that bad, doctor will prescribe you an eye drops or an ointment (tobradex) or whatever brand it is. And then the doctor will give you at least a week if the ointment/drops worked or didn't work. In some cases, doctor will prescibe you an antibiotic. Once you get a sty, it will keeps coming back. Unless you will have it scraped, so you can get rid of all the abscess.. Drops,ointments & antibiotics,, those might work to get rid of the sty but it cannot really get rid of all the bacterias (abscess) that's why it keeps coming back. So i suggests, 1st is your gonna need to take a vitaminC not only when you have a sty, you need it everyday. And the 2nd thing, make sure before you're gonna scratch your eyes, make sure that you wash your hands first so your eyes won't infect. 3rd make sure you always wash your face before you go to bed, when you wake up in the morning, and you have your make-up on. Those make-ups like, (mascara, foundation,face powder, eyeshadow, contact lenses even the brushes) can also cause of an infections. And the last thing is, go to the doctor and have it scraped. Smile
0 Replies

Tiger2002

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 11:46 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
there is a trick for a sty I do cause I get stys a lot there is a trick with rubbing a gold ring on it I do it
1. wash the gold ring
2.rub it5 on your eye sty
do this 4 times aday
0 Replies

brandibabes

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:48 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
I have been getting these darn things all my life and yes they are a pain! I have always used my Mother's wedding band(make sure it's clean and real gold 10k will do but higher is better)and rubbed it all around my eye lid. This worked every time! I have in the last few years used wet tea bags and it too works pretty well. I got a stye yesterday but was traveling, and nothing now seems to be doing anything for it. I guess the key is to catch it within the first hour of it hurting after that...well I'm still open to trying anything!
brandibabes

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:52 am
@JLNobody,
where would I ever find this flower???
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 02:48 pm
@brandibabes,
http://home.howstuffworks.com/define-nasturtium.htm
0 Replies

brandibabes

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 08:12 am
@brandibabes,
Just wanted to update...
**original post**
I have been getting these darn things all my life and yes they are a pain! I have always used my Mother's wedding band(make sure it's clean and real gold 10k will do but higher is better)and rubbed it all around my eye lid. This worked every time! I have in the last few years used wet tea bags and it too works pretty well. I got a stye yesterday but was traveling, and nothing now seems to be doing anything for it. I guess the key is to catch it within the first hour of it hurting after that...well I'm still open to trying anything!
**UPDATE**
I have ALWAYS used a gold ring but didn't have one. After trying everything I could find online I borrowed a friends. I couldn't believe that after rubbing the clean 14K gold ring all over my eye lid for a few min 3 times over the period of a day it was gone. I've always been able to catch them but this time it got away on me and was HUGE. So thankful its gone! Hope this works for for someone else too!
0 Replies

cassie066

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 09:29 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Like someone said befor use the tea bag idea and also do not use ice!!! Use heat get a warm wash cloth and put it on your stye about 5-6 times a day for about 10 minutes i have never had a stye untill two days ago and i didnt know what it was untill someone askedme if it was a stye and i had no idea so i googled it and it looked like one so I looked up fast tretment then saw this question and answered it! hope it helps you and me:)
0 Replies