How do you get rid of sty's?

cjohns

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:41 pm
I too have a sty!
hey, stys do suck! and they hurt. there are a few things you can do for them though:

- press a warm was cloth to it for 15 minutes a day. stys pop like zits usually, so it'll help that unsightly redness and facilitate the popping.
OR
-peel a potato and hold the peeling to the sty (obviously, not if you're allergic and please avoiding your eye) for about 15 minutes at the time, and you only have to do it twice! my sty was gone the next day.

the latter is my personal favorite. be sure to use a regular potato. red potatos don't work and neither do sweet potatos.

when it comes to prevention of these little devils, wash your eyelids with some johnson's baby soap. it really works. if your stys keep coming back, then go see your doctor for an oral antibiotic. If your sty won't go a way, go see an opthamologist. they'll make a small cut to it, and "release the contents" and you'll be all better in a day or so.
0 Replies

cjohns

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:43 pm
I too have a sty!
hey, stys do suck! and they hurt. there are a few things you can do for them though:

- press a warm was cloth to it for 15 minutes a day. stys pop like zits usually, so it'll help that unsightly redness and facilitate the popping.
OR
-peel a potato and hold the peeling to the sty (obviously, not if you're allergic and please avoiding your eye) for about 15 minutes at the time, and you only have to do it twice! my sty was gone the next day.

the latter is my personal favorite. be sure to use a regular potato. red potatos don't work and neither do sweet potatos.

when it comes to prevention of these little devils, wash your eyelids with some johnson's baby soap. it really works. if you wear eye makeup, take it all off every night. if your stys keep coming back, then go see your doctor for an oral antibiotic. If your sty won't go a way, go see an opthamologist. they'll make a small cut to it, and "release the contents" and you'll be all better in a day or so.
0 Replies

wendy28

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 03:16 pm
sty
I have had many stys over the years and the one thing I know is YOU NEVER EVER POP THEM YOURSELF!!!!That can cause severe damage and spread the sty.It is NOT an infected hair follicle like somebody said but a type of staph or strep infection in the secretory gland or secretion gland of the eye.Besides going to a doctor for drops or ointments you can take a warm compress and apply it on the infected area a couple times a day to help the sty drain.You should never touch or rub it ,that also spreads the infection.An external sty is usually on the outside part of the eye such as the outer lid either top or bottom and internal sty is inside the lid.Both can be very painful and aggitating.If a sty persists I advise you go to a doctor asap as it could be a cist instead and those have to be removed.I hope this was helpful at all.
wendy
0 Replies

BettiBoop

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 04:05 pm
Eye Sties
I too have been suffering from the dreaded sty, actually I have 4!!! Crying or Very sad 3 on the lid and 1 up under the lid. Before my Mom passed on, she would brew a tea made with the herbal remedy "Eyebright" It ALWAYS worked. Very Happy However, I am fresh out of it so I called my girlfriend and she told me her Granny would make a poltice out of milk and bread. You take a piece of bread a little bigger than the eye area, pour some milk on it and hold it to your eye for 10-15 minutes. I used a clean wash cloth to hold it. Idea It soothes the burning and itching and it brings the sties to a head and they either burst or you can easily prick them so they can drain. What a relief it was!!! Thank You Granny, wherever you are!!! Surprised Laughing
JLNobody

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 04:50 pm
Let me repeat what I said--I think--earlier. When I and my brothers had our frequent childhood stys, my father applied an unfailing fold remedy. He crushed the flower, nasturgem (sp?), and dabbed the juice on the stys. They always dried up.
jjmasterson

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 09:48 pm
How do you get rid of sty's?
Do not attempt to squeeze or drain the sty yourself. This will spread the infection and may cause cellulitis.
0 Replies

mtleprechaun

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:51 pm
eye sty
I have only had one sty in my life, but my daughter use to get them all the time. She had some one tell her to eat grapes or rasins. She did not recall which one, so I ate both and with in hours the sty was completely gone.
0 Replies

Whiskey girl

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:35 am
hey everybody
i have a sty for the first time, and it hurts so bad! i have to thank everyone for all the advice they gave, i hope it works. i want this sty to go down so bad that i'm going to try everything i read!! :wink:
i aready ate grapes and raisons
i've got a potato peel ready to use
the water is boiling, and i'm going to put that in to a cup, and on a cloth
i have already used a warm tea bag
and i'm using eye drops,
Shocked wow i'm such a nerd i read this all!!!
thats ab a summary of all the info i read from this site, o and NEVER pop it like a zit, bc thats the worst and then it will spread, i hop this works bc i'm missing school today, and i only have 4 days left!! i'm going to miss my friends sooo much Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cubangirl

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 12:39 am
sty
Hi everyone, you guys are intertaining, I logged in here to research a sty for my hair dresser who happens to have a sty today and had no idea how she got it or get rid of it. I'll pass some of this info to her and hope it works. Thanks
0 Replies

koreangel

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 05:38 pm
I had a sty in my eye a few months ago and those hot compresses worked well for me. Avoid rubbing your eyes, too. For me, it just took time to make it go away.
0 Replies

aperad

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 02:58 pm
stys
I have an infected sty on my eye lid and the doctor told me to bathe it with a hot cloth for 15 minutes, 3-4 times a day but it never stays hot enough to keep on my eyes for 15 minutes, I don't know what to do.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 08:38 pm
simple: use multiple cloths...
0 Replies

ChocAShopAShoeASpendaholi

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 02:29 pm
Sty
I Have A Sty I've Had It For A Few Days But Just Noticed And It Is SOooo Sore Ma Dad JustSed Put A TeeBag On It?!?!? Myt Work All Use Your Advice To Tho! Sad Exclamation Laughing Surprised Very Happy
0 Replies

cronewisdom

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:57 am
How to get rid of stys
Just rub a gold ring over the sty. The higher carat gold works best.
0 Replies

caralopez

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 10:20 pm
stye in your eye!
Awwww what nice moms you guys/gals got! I just felt my first stye coming on today and i thought it was because two days ago i used my hubbys visine. my mom told me quit pissin in the ditch!!! LOL Laughing Good luck with that guys!!
0 Replies

jenjenx

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 05:51 am
sty's
Shocked all of you are lucky i've got 4 sty's in one eye!!!! help me get rid of them!!
Alana111

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:22 pm
how to get rid of stys
At the moment i have a sty but im using a hot potato and wraping it in a rag so you don't get burnt and you just rub from the bottom of the sty to the top and after you finish that i put brolene ( eye ointment) or what ever eye ointment or drops you get from the doctor. so far it has gone down heaps Smile
0 Replies

myheartisyours

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:07 pm
I heard that rubbing your hair makes it shrink. That is what I was told when I was yonger, and I've had stys twice, and rubbing the tips of my ponytail on it a few times a day for a couple of minutes seemed to help. I don't know.. maybe its just something completely strange and not true, because I have no idea how hair could help skin, but I think it helped me.
0 Replies

BebyStephhy

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 11:48 am
An easier way .
First of all , to realize yuh have a sty , yuh have to check if yuh have a bump on yhur eyelid just above yhur eyelashes , sometimes it may look like yuh got punched in the eye , or it may be red . There are several ways to cure this . Theres , heating up a tea bag and placing it on , putting on a hot compress , and etc . But I found an easier way that might work for yuh as well . First of all , wash out yhur eyelid with saltwater . Secondly , boil up some mildly hot water . Pour the water into a cup or a mug and plece yhur eye gently inside . Making sure yhur sty gets most of the heat . Rest yhur head on the rim of the cup and stay there for about 5 - 10 minutes . It should shrink and soon enough be gone . Place eye ointment on the spot so yuh don't get infected again . :]
Good luck !
0 Replies

dkallday

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:52 am
sty emergency
i still get stys. it was almost impossoble for me to get them to go away. so i went 2 the doctor and mine was so bad i had to get surgery on it to get all the puss out. but they said to constantly wash your face with warm water. and when your in the shower to run the shower water on it. but i had to do this like 6 times a day.
0 Replies