How do you get rid of sty's?

BreNdDani

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:36 am
@kikirocks,
OMG i really can c a difference my eye is starting to sweat nd its getting a little smaller kiki you actually rock
0 Replies

Bee java

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 05:28 pm
This is how you get rid of a sty. Take a pot of water and wait for it to boil over the stove. Once it is boiling take a towel and put it over your head over the pot. Let your face steam up. do this a few times a day and it will be gone in no time.
0 Replies

cheer13

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 06:22 pm
warm wet cloth for 5 mins 4 times a day, a hot tea bag for the same time, or rub real gold over it. all those helped mine but i ended up having 3 surgerys to remove them
0 Replies

jazz-x

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 08:18 am
@Gods groovy lady,
Yeaah, ive tried the teabags.
They actually do work!
0 Replies

shawty1428

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 08:28 am
@kikirocks,
Yeah how long? And does it disappear or just shrink?
Te

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 05:50 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
put salt in your eye. if that doesnt work, dap bleach on it with an old rag that a dog has urinated on.
0 Replies

RJae

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:31 pm
I've had at least 8 styes in the past year and a half. I've tried tea bag and hot compress tricks, but I need something that gets rid of styes fast. I went to my doctor and I was givin an antibiotic ointment but i still takes about 3-5 days to get rid of. I want something that gets rid of styes within 2 days. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I'M TIRED OF STYES!!!! Sad
0 Replies

RJae

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:33 pm
@shawty1428,
Hey. I get styes a lot. They usually grow within the first day. And then they start to shrink little by little but barely. And then one night before going to bed, you will feel that it will be really painfull and it will feel like somebody is squeezing it. You will wake up the next morning, and it should be gone or half the size and at the end of the day, it will be gone. Hope that helps. Smile
0 Replies

ps312

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 08:16 pm
@reises pieces3,
Well, if it keeps coming back its either form your last sty yopu keep popping it, If the sty is popped its beacause you get a little slit on the eye lid and it gets infected, best thing to do if to leave it, dont not touch it.
Best thing to do is getting hot water into a bowl and get a rag and dip it into the bowl then gentlly lay on the eye / when closed an this will drain the puss. And it will go away.
Smile this works from person experience. hope it works for you:)
0 Replies

angel007

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:08 pm
@BettiBoop,
Hey does it have to be warm bread or anything?
0 Replies

cortez

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 07:05 pm
@Gods groovy lady,
this works thanks alot
0 Replies

Rose Labbe

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:35 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Hi, Im 15 And Ive Never Heard Of A Sty Until ToDay.(just delt with it Smile.) - My Eye Was So Painful And Stinging basicly everytime i blinked, i didnt know what was going on.. i came home looking for an explaination. i saw a little white dot on the top of my eye lid. I tryed everything to get rid of it - hot water, herbs, also tryed squeezing it like a zit. ( It Didnt Work ). So i Tryed To Find Something more trustful. I Got SCISSORS, opened them as far as they could, Hooked behind the sty and Pulled. TRUST ME it worked and it DIDN'T HURT!! Just Make Sure You Have Tissue With You. After Use - Luke Warm/Hot Salty Water To Take Down any swelling there may be. ..

Hope This Helps. =)
0 Replies

meme3799

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:50 pm
@beatrix,
well after about 3 weeks of having the stye infection i pulled up this page and actually thought about your remedey so 2 night i wil do it & see if it works 4 my eye and i will reply back thanks....................................!
0 Replies

kurstin

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:47 pm
@Gods groovy lady,
do not put ice on your sty! ice to close to the skin can cause burns and since your eye lid skin is thinner it can cause damage to your eye. and also erythromycin ophthalmic ointment really helps. hope i helped
0 Replies

ManiVirgina

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 02:41 pm
Sadly my dad used to get sty's all the time.
Now that trait has passed to me.. I got my furst sty yesterday, and school is starting soon..
I don't wanna look like a freak. How do I get rid it??
0 Replies

Sumiko

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 04:05 pm
Do NOT pop it. That can spread the infection, also do not wear eyemake-up (e.g. eyeiner). Something I've heard is hot tea bags on the eye, hot water (Not to hot, you dont want to hurt yourself) For any treatment you try be sure to keep your eyes closed. Stye's usually last for a wekk and if they stay longer than that then you should see your doctor or simply a walk in clinic doctor who can tell you what to do. I've had a small surgery (It doesnt hurt, just feels weird) to get rid of one before. Another old fold remedy I've heard it to rinse it with milk. I don't know if that works or not. Be sure not to rub your eye as this can also spread the infection.
0 Replies

Samanthynn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:21 pm
@reises pieces3,
If a stye has lasted longer than 10 days it can form into something called a chalazion. Which is a permanent pocket of pus on the lid. You should get this taken care of by an eye doctor immediately as it can develop into a more serious problem in the future.
0 Replies

Samanthynn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:23 pm
@CriticalMass,
Squeezing the sty can cause the infection to be pushed further into the eyelid gland, which leads to a bigger and more painful infection.
mab

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 03:28 pm
@Samanthynn,
Go to a local drug store and by sty medicine.
I use it at night and the next day it's either really shrunken or gone:D
0 Replies

abcde1234

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 10:55 am
@Noddy24,
pleaze help meh im 11 years old ihave a stye like in between my eyelashes redonkulious help pleaze
0 Replies