How do you get rid of sty's?

ToriJ330

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 07:07 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
I get stys sometimes and its proberly because i get lack of sleep and im on the computer too much, Try stay off the computer most of the time and have a goodnights sleep x
0 Replies

beatrix

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:44 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
styes can also be on the top of your eyelide, what you can do is get the outer leaf of a cabbage and put it in a bowl with a tiny bit of water and put it in the microwave for a minute, then just put it on you eye 2 times a day and will be smaller and smaller and evantally gone
loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:06 am
@reises pieces3,
EVERYONE, just rub it with your hair, CONSTANTLY, and it works! Hopefully your hair is long enough for you to reach it and do so, but seriously, wrap your hair around your finger and do something.. watch TV or read with your other eye or do something entertaining and don't cease rubbing until several minutes pass.. and do that every once in a while, several times per day, and it will go away.
It worked on everyone in my family and even I've experienced it.
Strange as it is, just try it.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:07 am
@jesika,
EVERYONE, just rub it with your hair, CONSTANTLY, and it works!
JLNobody

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:19 pm
@loveislikearose3,
My father used a folk remedy on us, his sons: He ground up the petals of the flower, Nasturgem, and applied the resulting juice to the styes. They always dried up. My father died at 93, ten years after quitting his beloved cigarettes and vodka.
Nevertheless, I'd recommend seeing a doctor.
0 Replies

trini1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 05:48 pm
@kikirocks,
how long does this take to work , how often should i do it and am i keeping my eye open as its on the inside of my bottom eyelid.
0 Replies

sallygirl318

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:59 pm
I've never had a stye before, and never knew what it was until about 20 minutes ago. I assumed it was just a pimple so i popped it, and then my friend told me it was a stye. So I googled it and found this page (really wish I came here first!) Im really hoping i dont get a worse infection now!! let you know...
0 Replies

penny318

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 09:36 pm
I've never had a stye before, and never knew what it was until about 20 minutes ago. I assumed it was just a pimple so i popped it, and then my mom told me it was a stye. So I googled it and found this page (really wish I came here first!) Im really hoping i dont get a worse infection now!! let you know...
0 Replies

KIERABABES

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:14 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
i've got a sty Neutral
but i can't actually see anything,
its proper swollen, & really hurts.
& I CAN'T EVEN WEAR MAKEUP!
someone tell me the quickest way !
0 Replies

KIERABABES

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:15 am
@InTraNsiTiOn,
i have a sty Neutral
i can't wear makeup.
i can't actually see it, its just swollen badly,
& it really hurts.
i have my friends coming round for a sleepover tomorow,
somebody tell me how to get rid of it!
0 Replies

natalie---x

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 07:51 am
Hi I dont think you should do this but at the first sign of a sty comin up i squeezed my eyelid together and popped it, its gone now n hasnt affected me at all and best thing is it didnt even hurt!
0 Replies

bunny18

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 08:58 am
i had a massive one. its somthing to do with your eyes lashes you dont have to go to the doctor to get rid of them.. just get baby shampoo and take vitamins. and wash your face whenever you can. mie go awya like that. i get them a lot. i went to the doctor they gave me them lame drops.. nothing happend. so the shampoo works. Smile (tearless) just make sure before you sleep to do this TWICE. and put a hot hot hot rag on it Smile gone in a few days no joke. xoxo
0 Replies

ericarox44

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 04:26 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
Rubbing a gold ring? I think thats a joke. But you are suppose to compress it with a hot/warm face cloth. Keep the towel over the stye until the towel is cool. I have one now, and i've had it for 2-3monthes now. It sucks to have people ask "Is your eye ok???" also, Have a doctor check it out and they will give you some names of eye doctors that can check it out. Except, the cloth, for me, it made it BIGGER. You might need to have a needle "suck" the sis out.
0 Replies

abrennan

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 07:53 pm
@Noddy24,
do NOT lance it!
it will cause the bacteria that CAUSED the sty to spread and you will get more. you never ever want to "pop" it.
the pus is just the white blood cells fighting the infection. let it do the work.
i have one right now. and its tempting to do that but it will make it so much worse in the long run.
0 Replies

mitch15

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:24 am
well i have a sty and i have had for about a day and a half and i have tried the tea bags and hot water, almost everything my moms been telling me to do but to pee on it. my mom said if you pee on it it would work like a jellyfish sting or somthing like that. i haven't tried it but maybe someone could try it. haha
0 Replies

KT93

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 02:15 am
@reises pieces3,
hey im kristy from australia. and i'm turing 16 in july9th 2oo9. and its so horrible to have a stye at my age. coz i miss wearing eye make-up. and now i know not to share my eye-make up or any make up, Now.. but like i went to th doctors and she gave me a table, But this tablet made me feel so bad.. so i stopped having it. and well now i got a little lump growing again on top of the stye then it goes away then even th stye grows back. its very odd. but im thinking of trying these ideas. coz ive onli put water over it and salt water as my mum are telling me to do, but they said that i can get it removed like go to th hospital and they put me under th kniffe or they might just put drops in my eye to make it blury then cut it out, then stich it up but th stich will be under my eyelid.. but yeh i dunno why it happens...
0 Replies

KT93

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 02:19 am
also this is my manager dession.. my mumma said to me if i dont get it cut out or ride of. i will losse my eye is that ture??

also may i ask why it gets itchy sometimes? but i dont wanna scatch it just incase it will become more bigger..

But i will try some of your guys idea's like th hot/cool towel on ur eye trick if it doesnt work then yeh i guess.. i dunno..
0 Replies

sketchyballs

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:19 pm
DO NOT TRY TO POP THE STYE
This can cause the infection to spread over your entire eyelid
Or even go to your other eye
Hot compresses and teabags help
But if its hanging around for more than a week you should see a doctor where they'll give you drops or antibiotics
0 Replies

ilyerinn

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 09:03 pm
@InTraNsiTiOn,
I know exactly what you are going through.
I've had 7-8 styes by now, no joke.
Alternating from eye to eye and I think I'm getting another.
Throw away any eyeliner or mascara if you've been using it and then you got/get a stye. Otherwise you can transmit the bacteria, I guess you could call it, to the other eye, or you could keep regenerating it in the same one. Now, another way to get rid of a stye is to put a warm washcloth on your eye or on a heating bottle. It is gone when the stye bleeds. It will still be there but slowly it goes away overnight. You should also change and wash your pillow sheets when you are done with this stye. DO NOT touch the eye that had/has the stye and then touch your other eye. THE ONLY way you can give this to someone else is by DIRECTLY touching your eye and then touching theirs. Going swimming can help a stye. I don't know if you get this sensation when you have one or not, but you want to pull the bottom lid of your eye down. Its fine to do so. Don't touch your eye to much though or you may cause the stye to get infected. THIS IS NOT FUN. This happened the second time I got one. The doctor popped some of the puss out and then gave me chewables that tasted horrible, eye drops, and eye ointment for 2 weeks. Another point, DONT, UNDER ANY, CIRCUMSTANCE, POP THE STYE. If you need anymore advice, just tell me(;

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:50 pm
My sister used to get styes when she was around 12 to 14, the doctor said she wasn't eating properly, that this was a big cause of these things.
0 Replies