What is Going on in Sochi?

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 12:44 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

In typical dishonest glitterbag fashion, disreputable employers?? you still haven't diagrammed the sentence.

Were you an English whiz in grade six just like Frank Apisa?

I asked you to diagram the sentence that you wrote, because it doesn't make any sense. I figure if YOU diagram it you will remember what it was you were trying to say. I gave up on the idea of you understanding anything. You are either trying to be funny or stupid.
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:07 pm
@glitterbag,
In the typical dishonest manner of glitterbag, she ignores,

Why on earth do you think anyone would want to gain the respect of a "human" who makes apologies for and provides cover for war criminals, terrorists, rapists, torturers, purveyors of death and destruction the world over?

That would open up things that GB has fully repressed. Repressing these truth that you know are real is dishonesty. Patent dishonesty!

Glitterbag: I asked you to diagram the sentence that you wrote, because it doesn't make any sense.

Another typical response from a pedant who knows she knows squat about English grammar.

glitterbag: I figure if YOU diagram it you will remember what it was you were trying to say.

Okay, Ms pedant doesn't want to exhibit her ignorance to everyone. I understand, gb.

Why do you keep making phony excuses for the vicious criminal actions of USA governments when there are volumes and volumes of information describing it in all its gory detail?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:17 pm
How did this turn anti-American?

I am appalled at the conditions in Sochi. I am also appalled by the conditions in the US. But right now, the US isn't on the world stage projecting a "peace on earth, let's all hold hands" front.

This is suppose to be a time when the world can be friends, or at least pretend to be friends. We all know most of the world can't stand the US. But for a few short weeks, we put aside our differences to compete in a friendly manner. The sad thing is that Russia couldn't even make those two weeks enjoyable for anyone there. They started with the anti gay garbage. Many, I am sure, of the athletes or their family members are gay. Everyone knows how Putin feels about homosexuality. Then, the terrorist threats. Yes, the actual games are considered safe but what about the average Russian? It's ok if THEY get blown up during the games. You've got security breeches on cell phones from practically the moment people touch down in Sochi. That's fun stuff right there. You've got hundreds of dogs and cats being "taken care of" because they are a blight? What? I suppose if there are thousands of homeless dogs wandering around it might cause some discomfort but no one I know would say "Kill 'em all!". I cannot imagine that many of those dogs made it into the tight perimeter of the actual game arena anyway. On top of that, you have toilets that don't work, water that is yellow, alleged cameras in the bathrooms, hotel rooms in ruins and events that weren't even set up properly. One in particular injured an athlete. There have been problems at other games and other terror issues. But the problems here outweigh anything else and I really think that's what people will remember about Sochi. That and Bob's eye problem. Wink

I don't blame Russia though. It's the IOC. Impartial my ass.

Someone blew someone. Putin should never have been given this honor.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:24 pm
@Bella Dea,
Don't mind JTT, for him/her every thread becomes an opportunity to bash the US, and accuse people of imaginary 'crimes'. I am not really sure if he actually believes that an A2K member is responsible for war crimes committed in 1889. I honestly don't know what his deal is, he seems unhappy.

If you started a thread on dry cleaning that would be his launch pad for revealing the US was involved in Genocide in Sweden. I'm making that example up, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before he deduces I've mistakenly referred to actual atrocities in Sweden, comes back then calls me a liar for not admitting it. So, to simplify things, remember JTT is nuttier than fruitcake . And he is dependable, very dependable and resourceful, I haven't hit the send button yet, but there will be a response posted from him lickity split. Hope that helps.
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:52 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea: But right now, the US isn't on the world stage projecting a "peace on earth, let's all hold hands" front.

Come off it, Bella, that's exactly what the USA hypocritically does constantly despite the fact that it is the premier terrorist group on the planet.
I predict you won't want to hear the facts.

Do you really think the USA is that much further ahead of Russia on LGBT issues?

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:57 pm
@glitterbag,
See what I mean? Right on time
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:59 pm
I don't know, last I heard there weren't laws in the US being enacted to prohibit gay people from distributing gay friendly information.
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Notice, Bella, how grounded in reality glitterbag is.

Glitterbag: Don't mind JTT, for him/her every thread becomes an opportunity to bash the US, and accuse people of imaginary 'crimes'.

-----

imaginary 'crimes'.

Let's start with,

The Republic of Nicaragua v. The United States of America[1] was a 1984 case of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in which the ICJ ruled in favor of Nicaragua and against the United States and awarded reparations to Nicaragua. The ICJ held that the U.S. had violated international law by supporting Contra guerrillas in their rebellion against the Nicaraguan government and by mining Nicaragua's harbors. The United States refused to participate in the proceedings after the Court rejected its argument that the ICJ lacked jurisdiction to hear the case. The U.S. later blocked enforcement of the judgment by the United Nations Security Council and thereby prevented Nicaragua from obtaining any actual compensation.[2] The Nicaraguan government finally withdrew the complaint from the court in September 1991, following a repeal of the law requiring the country to seek compensation, thus settling the matter.[3]

The Court found in its verdict that the United States was "in breach of its obligations under customary international law not to use force against another State", "not to intervene in its affairs", "not to violate its sovereignty", "not to interrupt peaceful maritime commerce", and "in breach of its obligations under Article XIX of the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the Parties signed at Managua on 21 January 1956."

The Court had 16 final decisions upon which it voted. In Statement 9, the Court stated that the U.S. encouraged human rights violations by the Contras by the manual entitled Psychological Operations in Guerrilla Warfare. However, this did not make such acts attributable to the U.S.[4]

Contents

1 Prior to the hearings
2 Arguments
2.1 Nicaragua
2.2 United States
3 Judgment
3.1 Findings
3.2 The ruling
3.3 Legal clarification and importance
3.4 How the judges voted
4 Third-party interpretations
5 Certain witnesses against the US
5.1 First witness: Commander Luis Carrion
5.2 Second witness: Dr. David MacMichael
5.3 Third witness: Professor Michael Glennon
5.4 Fourth witness: Father Jean Loison
5.5 Fifth witness: William Hupper

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Nicaragua_v._United_States.html
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:05 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea: I don't know, last I heard there weren't laws in the US being enacted to prohibit gay people from distributing gay friendly information.

-------------
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/02/03/eight-u-s-states-have-policies-similar-to-russias-ban-on-gay-propaganda/

Eight U.S. states have policies similar to Russia’s ban on gay ‘propaganda’
By Niraj Chokshi, Published: FEBRUARY 03, 12:19 PM ET E-mail the writer

"No promo homo” states are those that prohibit educators from discussing homosexuality in a positive way or, in some cases, at all. States that prohibit enumeration are those that don’t allow local school districts from enacting policies aimed specifically at preventing bullying over sexual orientation or gender identity. (Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network)
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:17 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella: How did this turn anti-American?

Is it anti-American to tell the truth, Bella?

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:27 pm
@JTT,
I think you misread the article so I'll help you out. Pay close attention to the bolded parts.

"Eight states limit speech about homosexuality in ways similar to, though not as far-reaching as, the Russian ban that has received international criticism ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
The states have so-called ”no promo homo” bans—prohibitions on classroom instruction that promotes homosexuality. In a Washington Post opinion piece last week, a pair of Yale University law professors reviewed some of those laws:

It is Utah that prohibits “the advocacy of homosexuality.” Arizona prohibits portrayals of homosexuality as a “positive alternative life-style” and has legislatively determined that it is inappropriate to even suggest to children that there are “safe methods of homosexual sex.” Alabama and Texas mandate that sex-education classes emphasize that homosexuality is “not a lifestyle acceptable to the general public.” Moreover, the Alabama and Texas statutes mandate that children be taught that “homosexual conduct is a criminal offense” even though criminalizing private, consensual homosexual conduct has been unconstitutional since 2003."

While I don't agree with an anti homosexual agenda, I can understand why it could be prohibited from teaching it in school. Many schools still refuse to teach safe sex (which is also ridiculous). I think that if you're going to teach sex ed you gotta teach it all.

Now for Mr Putin's laws:

"Russian President Vladimir Putin signed into law a bill banning the "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations to minors," thus opening a new, dark chapter in the history of gay rights in Russia. The law caps a period of ferocious activities by the Russian government aimed at limiting the rights of the country’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people.

The violations of fundamental, constitutionally protected rights of Russia’s gay citizens have included multiple bans on gay pride parades in Moscow and other cities, hefty fines to gay rights groups accused of acting as a “foreign agent,” denial of registration to nongovernmental organizations, and regional laws banning the propaganda of homosexuality to minors, which served as a basis for the federal law enacted by Mr. Putin and unanimously passed by the State Duma."

The laws span far beyond the classroom. It has been taken to the street where gay people are being beaten for looking gay. Yes, it happens here in the US too but it's illegal here . The new law can be used against gay people for projecting a gay look.
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:29 pm
@JTT,
You're a big bag of dicks, you know that? You just want to fight, don't you?
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:32 pm
@Bella Dea,
I didn't say that the USA was as bad as Russia, Bella, I simply asked if you thought the USA was that far ahead of Russia.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:33 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:
You're a big bag of dicks, you know that? You just want to fight, don't you?
He is mentally sick.
I think that IGNORE is the best way to handle him.
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Holy **** David, are we agreeing on something? Wink
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:36 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitterbag: ... imaginary crimes ... .

MontereyJack: As it happens, JTT is right about most of the things past US administrations have done. They're not imagined.

http://able2know.org/topic/178031-1#post-5211679
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:40 pm
@Bella Dea,
Does that seem un-natural ??
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:42 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella: ... You just want to fight, don't you?

Not at all, Bella. I've already provided pretty good proof to substantiate what I'm saying, backed up by the illustrious gentleman from MA, none other than MontereyJack himself.

Weigh that against what glitter and Om have put forward.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:30 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Holy **** David, are we agreeing on something? Wink

I know, that surprised me as well.

But seriously, is JTT just a nutcase? He doesn't really argue, he just flings accusations around, leaves me scratching my head. I can't even tell what he thinks I'm denying? Anybody else have a clue? I actually do have him on ignore, but that function doesn't wipe him off the planet, so if I get curious I can choose to read his rambling taunts. It's always a mistake checking his remarks, not the reading part, the responding part.
He's like the crazy person you see on the street, talking to himself and you must not ever make eye contact. Once your eyes connect, you can't get rid of the poor demented soul. Don't get me wrong, I feel sad for them, but I can't heal them or fix them. Once you acknowledge these folks, they stick to you like a tick, get more excited or hostile, who knows, they could be dangerous.

I did enjoy your remarks, a bag of dicks, never heard that one before......but it does capture the vibe. Kudos, Bella
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:53 pm
Your proof is spotty at best. One article does not an argument make.

But not that it matters because even if you provided 50 articles (which I doubt you could do but try, won't you?) I could still find articles that said the exact opposite of what you were trying to make me believe.

I sense you are somewhat of a conspiracy theorist.

And before you assume and declare that I am a dolt for believing in the American government and blah blah blah blah.....I can tell you now that I think the government is screwed up and the people in the US have just as many problems as the people of the rest of the world. Ours are just expressed in different ways. Often less shitty ways. Ask me if I'd want to live anywhere else and for the most part my answer would be no.

For one, we do have oppression of women but we don't sew the vulva shut and cut the clitoris off of young girls to keep them "in line".