What is Going on in Sochi?

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:01 am
@farmerman,
Or you could just blow it out of your ass.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:19 am
@farmerman,
Football's not a matter of life and death ... it's more important than that,
Bill Shankly.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:32 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ive had Pimms but more as a mixed gin and fruity liqueur . The only word that does it some justice was BLECCHHH.

Psst, the Izzyman seems a bit off his feed today. Perhaps I should go find Setanta so the two can scream at each other a bit.

Times a wasting (as sung by June Carter)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:01 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:

Set is our nuncio for international love and brotherhood.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

Set is our nuncio for international love and brotherhood.

You made me laugh!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:13 pm
Not to be indelicate, but what were they thinking when the installed toilets that can't handle toilet paper. I was in Bucharest in 1988, economics were dire, energy was in short supply, it was common to have rolling blackouts every day, all day. Medice and food were in short supply, people went without. The Romanians had fully functioning toilets.
Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Exactly my point! There is so much to be shaking your head at there. Have you seen some of the pictures the athletes have posted? Some of them look like something out of an abandoned building.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:00 pm
@Bella Dea,
No, but I should. I'm just anxious for it to be over and done with, so the athletics can get home safely.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:23 pm
@glitterbag,
In Greece, you've still got to put your bogroll in the bin.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, make sure you get your cholera vaccine before heading to the islands.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:40 pm
@izzythepush,
That's absolutely true.

It horrified my better half when we first went to Skiathos.

We also got a surprise when we first saw a good old French hole in the floor toilet back in the 70's, and the pissoirs in Paris, where the men stand having a pee with only the middle knee to belly shielded by a metal plate.

Thousands of tourists strolling by, watching men trying not to get that certain look on their faces, and then attempting to be as discrete as possible when they 'shook' at the end.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:48 pm
@glitterbag,
I did check out a few pix. I saw a photo showing 3 light bulbs and an offer to trade them for a doorknob. Photos make FEMA trailers look like 5 star resort accommodations. Many, many pictures of Putin. Putin petting a Tigar, Putin riding a motorcycle, Putin arm wrestling a young boy, Putin staring into the eyes of a baby bird, Putin swimming with Dolphins, Putin, Putin, Putin, freaking Putin. Reminds me of the Ceausescu' s cult of personality.

I complained recently on another thread that I was sick of the photo ops every Thanksgiving of various Presidents pardoning a Turkey. I take it back, as rancorous as American politics have been, thank God we don't have to see halos perched upon the heads of fearless leaders posed as vainglorious opportunities to scream "LOOK AT ME". I'm fine with Hollywood and Russia filling that gap. Sheesh, bare chested on horse back....stomach turning.
roger

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 03:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Sorry, they won't let me only vote it up once.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 03:55 pm
@roger,
Roger, your heart is in the right place, you make me smile. Thanks for the vote.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 04:02 pm
@glitterbag,
I had a brilliant fortnight in Crete.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 04:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, you already painted a picture that burned into my brain. I'm begging you not to share any more details tonight. I have to prepare dinner, I need a steady stomach.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 05:17 pm
I think this is funnier and thankfully, much shorter.

Joe(Okay...now, let's get serious)Nation
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 05:43 pm
@glitterbag,
I did a lot on my holiday in Crete, like visit Knossos, supposed home of the labyrinth, and the Cave of Zeus where the Greek god was supposed to be raised. That's only part of it, when I think back to Crete I don't think about the bogs.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 06:12 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I did a lot on my holiday in Crete, like visit Knossos, supposed home of the labyrinth, and the Cave of Zeus where the Greek god was supposed to be raised. That's only part of it, when I think back to Crete I don't think about the bogs.
We r imminently about to have Valentine 's Day.

David
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 07:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When you can find a quotation about Nascar from someone of Camus' status you might have a point.

I always thought Richard Petty was pretty smart.

"No one wants to quit when they are losing, and no one wants to quit when they are winning."