Should marijuana be legal?

Germlat

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 04:39 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I do not smoke marijuana or anything else, however, I think it should be legal because I know quite a few people who do, they are responsible people with jobs. As a drug, it seems relatively harmless. Moreover, the jails and prisons are over crowded and to me, it just seems silly to put these people in jails for nothing worse than smoking marijuana.

To me it's it has more to do with endorsing crime, destabilizing NATIONS just so someone can get a high...but yeah, I'm on board with legalizing it....it's better than the massacre it brings along with it.
0 Replies

sdsophiadsouza

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:38 am
@2tfx,
It is well known that marijuana has been legal in Holland for decades, and the open sale and smoking of cannabis in the coffee shops of Amsterdam has been a major tourist attraction.Canada was one of the first countries to regulate medical marijuana, in 2001. Canada is also home to the only safe injection site in North America, which does not allow marijuana or other in halable drugs but does allow injectable drugs such as heroin.
izzythepush

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 06:08 am
@sdsophiadsouza,
It's not legal in The Netherlands. It's decriminalised, the difference is that coffee shops are occasionally raided by the police.

If you blatantly smoke cannabis in front of a police officer outside the Rijksmuseum as opposed to a coffee shop you might get arrested.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 02:34 pm
@revelette2,
If tobacco is legal why not marijuana?
0 Replies