Should marijuana be legal?

Germlat

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 12:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Well of course, there are laws about operating machinery while intoxicated, etc. what I'm saying is that will remain as is and should not change. I think inpatient treatment should be used rather than a corrective facility. I think someone who got a DUI while on vacation should not lose a professional license. Kids should not get a criminal record for smoking pot...maybe some counseling or another alternative. Such programs are in place for first time offenders ...but they vary from state to state. Sometimes, they are costly and people can't afford them and have no transportation ( and in the U.S. affordable public transit isn't available). In rural areas for example, there is no bus system and people have difficulty obtaining work when having criminal records...so no money for a cab.
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 12:54 pm
A junky works in a local store and I never go in on their shifts because they're so hyper that it's like trying to talk to a whirlwind, it's as if they're living in some kind of scifi reality where time is running faster for them, maybe Einstein or Hawking could explain it
Germlat

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 12:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It's not unusual to find drug toxicity affects brain chemistry. I hate the word "junkie" to describe a human being.
0 Replies

Germlat

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 01:25 pm
@Germlat,
Also, with extortion websites such as Mugshots, if someone is arrested with probable cause...even if charges are dismissed, they will be on the internet forever. Causing great shame and preventing for people to obtain employment or even renting an apartment. I know someone who paid a company to take down his arrest record ( charges dismissed). He paid thousands of dollars...after he did, numerous other sites showed up on the internet..it amounts to extortion (game of whack a mole) . It's still legal in most states in the U.S....so expunging a crime means nothing these days. Laws are screwed up here. Don't even get me started on healthcare and defaulting on payment. I feel badly for the poor. Nothing here seems to benefit those who can't pay.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 03:41 pm
Quote:
Germlat pouted: I hate the word "junkie" to describe a human being.

Some years ago I was reading a bleeding heart article about the homeless, and it said "David has a chemical dependency", but it took me a good 10 minutes to slowly realise they meant he was a drug addict!
So I've used the term 'junky' ever since to make sure nobody misunderstands what I'm talking about..Smile
Germlat

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Wouldn't expect less of you.
0 Replies

knaivete

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
it said "David has a chemical dependency", but it took me a good 10 minutes to slowly realise they meant he was a drug addict!

To say nothing of the difficulties that the intellectually challenged face.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 07:09 am
Boozers are alcohol junkies, and smokers are tobacco junkies, I'm not just singling out drug junkies..Smile
izzythepush

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 07:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
What about God junkies?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 07:49 am
God junkies get "power fixes" all the time, they don't need no steenkin drugs/booze/tobacco..Smile

"Our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with POWER.."-1 Thess 1:5
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER"- 2 Tim 1:7
"I am full of POWER, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord"- Micah 3:8
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world...they have divine POWER to demolish strongholds"- 2 Cor 10:4
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty POWER" (Ephesians 6:10)
"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because POWER was coming from him"- Luke 6:12-19
Jesus said - "Someone touched me, I know that POWER has gone out from me." ( Luke 8:46)

Right Elv?

"Uh-huh"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/elvis-stage_zpsdbf8f1c6.jpg~original
Germlat

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I thought Elvis was a drug addict...why are you getting an amen from him?
RABEL222

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:41 pm
@Germlat,
Kind of shows how Romeo thinks, or dosen't think.
Germlat

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:52 am
@RABEL222,
Wink
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 09:41 am
Incidentally, would the parents among A2K members not mind if their darling little sons and daughters grew up to be junkies?
izzythepush

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Better than being a twat like you, they can get treated for addiction.
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:45 am
@izzythepush,
But if they want to get treated for addiction, why did they become junkies in the first place?
Same with tobacco junkies and boozers who want to give it up, why the hell did they start in the first place?
Never once did I ever think to myself "I'd like to try drugs, smoking and boozing", so I never touched them..Smile
izzythepush

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:51 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That question explains why you've only done low grade menial jobs all your life.

Some people have an addictive personality, others use drugs to blot out a terrible memory, then there's peer pressure, curiosity etc. There was a story in the local paper about a woman who lost both her young children in a tragic accident, she became a junky.

What is it that book of yours says about judging?
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
Like I've said before, there's nothing wrong with drugs and booze, it's only them who overdo it who get it a bad name.

"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" (Ezekiel 47:12)

And Jesus turned water to wine at a wedding reception..Smile
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 01:14 am
Medical marijuana is legal in more than 14 states in the US. it really helps in certain extreme conditions. However very law should be regulated also.....
0 Replies

modification01

Tue 12 Aug, 2014 03:43 am
yes it should be regulated. however it is also pertinent to mention here that medical marijuana has huge potential in helping the ill...