Should marijuana be legal?

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm
Quote:
MWal said: Why work for life? It's free. Another low. I make music.

Good for you mate, I used to go for YEARS between jobs..Smile
Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
How did you manage to go for years without working mate?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:35 pm
Quote:
Germlat asked: How did you manage to go for years without working mate?

Dead easy, I just didn't bother looking for a job!
We holy men don't do "look for job"..Smile

Who did Jesus say was the greatest man ever to be born?
Some famous King maybe? Or one of the ancient prophets? A wise philosopher or mystic perhaps?
Nah!
Jesus's cousin John was a young world-rejecter living off the land in the middle of nowhere, sometimes going in town to yell insults at the snooty priests and corrupt rulers.
Jesus's verdict on him? -
"John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matt 11:11)

John vs Herod and Salome

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/johnvHerodC_zpsf997ccff.gif~original
0 Replies

MWal

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:41 pm
@Germlat,
That's not life. Life is not sunshine that kills us, that's death. Pray for life, just like high.
Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:48 pm
@MWal,
Ok ...yeah, but if you get hurt someone sober will have to make sure you live. The people taking care of your high-ass are sacrificing spending time with their loved ones for you not to die....yep...and sober. Grow up...it's not just others who need to sacrifice what feels good.
cicerone imposter

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:53 pm
@Germlat,
Those who practice illegal drugs (even some legal ones) are beyond their control.
It's called addiction, and it's almost impossible to rid them of their habits.

They all believe their 'feel good' has no consequences outside of their personal lives.
Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah...I know. I'm debating with the unreasonable. It is a disease and no amount of logic will help...not only do they not understand the impact to their personal lives nor that of others. Lost it for a minute here...
0 Replies

MWal

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 01:56 pm
@Germlat,
That's no life, that's binding. Life is not in chains. You are describing a hateful un reality.

Sacrafice of good feeling? God please.
Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:02 pm
@MWal,
Go ahead and rely on a drug to give you you're true identity. The rest of us know without it....good luck....sad for you.
izzythepush

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:11 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Well...I'm with Romeo. If you need an operation and your surgeons hands are shaky, cause he's high or withdrawing then I guess it's ok with you.

By that logic, the surgeon will be drunk because it's legal.

The war on drugs has been a catastrophic failure, it's turned otherwise law abiding people into criminals, helped fund organised crime and terrorism, caused a spike in petty crime and prostitution and caused the deaths of thousands in Mexico alone.

You can moralise about some people's need for a chemical walking stick until the cows come home, but you can't change it, and you can't stop it with legislation. All you can do is deal with it.

We've not dealt with it very well.
MWal

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:17 pm
@Germlat,
What lol? Im fine with marijuana being part of my reality. We all live in the same bubble.
Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 03:48 pm
@MWal,
Yep...but you don't think you have anything to contribute... Let the suckers do all the work right?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:28 pm
There's nothing wrong with drugs (including booze and tobacco), it's just the drug abusers who get them a bad name-

"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail.
Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them.
Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" (Ezekiel 47:12)

Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 06:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Wow! There's no moderation with this...see!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 06:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Wrong Izzy. There are thousands of marshalls and cops working for big bucks a year. Its government making well paying jobs. And think of all the judges and lawyers making thousands of dollars a year from the drug trade. Thats not even counting the under the table payoffs the cartels pay law enforcement.
0 Replies

Germlat

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:49 am
@izzythepush,
Any drug which is mind altering should be illegal to consume when driving a vehicle, performing a procedure, etc. I'm ok with that logic. Consuming Marijuana promotes violence and crime (in many countries) because of our current laws. The drug cartels devastate entire nations. They moved from Colombia to Mexico and now to Honduras ( which holds the highest murder per capita title). I think to consume it is irresponsible and funds violent misery for entire nations. If the laws were to change, it would greatly alter things....in the same way ending prohibition did. I can't understand why people don't want to decriminalize consumption of marijuana. It should be regulated and also taxed.
edgarblythe

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:54 am
I have not been reading this thread, but, to me, it seems obvious that the people who want pot get it already. Decriminalize and defund the criminals as well as allowing those who need it medically can gain access.
Germlat

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:01 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree. I think some people fear it becoming more available. They think this availability will increase the number of users. They don't realize how many lives are ruined by it's criminalization. All these kids with criminal records...what's in store for them?!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:33 am
If Colorado is anything to go by, their fears are largely unfounded.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:50 am
@Germlat,
There are laws already in force about driving whilst intoxicated. I would also introduce public health legislation about disposal of needles and public injection. I think heroin should be legally available (only through prescription) but in Switzerland, where this is already the case, there are problems with parks becoming no go areas with junkies injecting and leaving needles lying around.

I'd want to nip that behaviour in the bud right from the beginning.