farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 07:23 pm
@Foofie,
America is not as monolithically cultured so we celebrate and denigrate vast numbers of cultural genera. All you have to worry about is not being inbred.

As far as my job skills, you have no idea in hell what your even babbling about, but I have neither the interest nor the concern about your ignorance.

Foofie

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:04 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

America is not as monolithically cultured so we celebrate and denigrate vast numbers of cultural genera. All you have to worry about is not being inbred.

As far as my job skills, you have no idea in hell what your even babbling about, but I have neither the interest nor the concern about your ignorance.

In my opinion, you dismiss me with the adroitness of an authentic Alpha male from the hinterlands. That's fine. I would just like others to see that you either do not understand, nor possibly care, the depth of your offensiveness.

By the way, your profile's comment on not caring for one's mortality could be lessened if one was focussing on what one left behind (aka, children, grandchildren), as opposed to one's egocentricity, in my opinion. If I am wrong, and you are secretly a Jesuit, my apologies.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:06 pm
@Foofie,
and you are THE type section passive aggressive. Cmon, try some pith and vinegar

Quote:
one's mortality could be lessened if one was focussing on what one left behind
. Mine are perfect, brilliant, and beautiful. They take after my wife
Foofie

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

and you are THE type section passive aggressive. Cmon, try some pith and vinegar

You are not in a position to lecture to me. In my opinion, you might be too involved with the uber masculine image of a "country guy." Nothing is wrong, at least in this island called NYC, of being a sensitive person.

Perhaps, you should spend more time at the local watering hole, so to speak, and not locking horns with the posters (who might be chomping on the bit for a verbal donny brook). Just my opinion.

P.S.: Any retort that you might have will be the last word, that in my largesse, I will give you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 04:22 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
There's lots of anecdotal evidence of groups of soldiers turning up at pubs insulting the country, the weather, the beer, the population etc etc.
Maybe, but thay complain about that on Army bases in America too. That 's not anti-English.
U doubt that we complain about the weather IN AMERICA ??
My house caught on fire as an indirect result of Hurricane Sandy.

( That was a lucky fire; I 'm glad to be living in Florida. )

izzythepush wrote:
There are some towns where animosity between the populace and the local garrison goes way back, but there's an extra dimension when those troops are foreign.
That 's understandable.

izzythepush wrote:
The people wanted the American bases closed down when they were
used for extraordinary rendition which made us complicit in an illegal act.
How do u know that the people wanted that?
By what proportion?
I imagine that the Americans inject financial support
into the ambient economy; yes ?
What rendition was this?? Of whom ?
What law do u allege has been violated ?

izzythepush wrote:
The reason they're still here is because there's other things to get bothered about
that are more pressing like the economy, but they're not really wanted.

The Commons vote on Syria was a vote against the American military machine.
I infer, contextually, that it was something negative.
I do not support obama 's interferences with Syria; none of our business.

David
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 04:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I know you don't recognise international law, but it still exists. You're going to have to take my word for the fact that most people no longer want bases over here. However, that has yet to translate to people being angry enough to actually do something about it. Obama, unlike his predecessor, is actually treating us like a sovereign nation, and not some lapdog, so people will probably accept the status quo. Although if another Republican president gets elected who thinks he can take the UK for granted, and uses UK bases to attack Iran, then that may well provide the motivation needed.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 05:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I know you don't recognise international law, but it still exists.
Do u recognize sovereignty in your country ?

izzythepush wrote:
You're going to have to take my word for the fact that most people no longer want bases over here. However, that has yet to translate to people being angry enough to actually do something about it. Obama, unlike his predecessor, is actually treating us like a sovereign nation, and not some lapdog, so people will probably accept the status quo. Although if another Republican president gets elected who thinks he can take the UK for granted, and uses UK bases to attack Iran, then that may well provide the motivation needed.
I have no interest in Iran,
other than to prevent its Moslem fanatics from acquiring nuclear weapons.

How do u feel about tolerating a nuclear Iran ?

David
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

More relaxed than a nuclear North Korea, which despite having them has just postured.

Anyway the deal's been done, the inspectors are in.

Quote:
The head of the UN's nuclear watchdog says the interim deal reached with Iran on its nuclear programme is an important step forward, but that "there is still a long way to go".

Yukiya Amano of the IAEA appealed to member countries for more money to fund increased inspections in Iran.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25877431

How do you feel about increasing funding for the IAEA so they can do their job?

Dave wrote:
Do u recognize sovereignty in your country ?

Not with the aforementioned bases, and the chance that we could get drawn into a conflict not of our making. When Libya was bombed in 1986, America basically set our foreign policy for us.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don't think there's a lot of Moslem fanatics in Iran, not compared to Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan (a nuclear power), Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia etc. etc.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

More relaxed than a nuclear North Korea, which despite having them has just postured.

Anyway the deal's been done, the inspectors are in.

Quote:
The head of the UN's nuclear watchdog says the interim deal reached with Iran on its nuclear programme is an important step forward, but that "there is still a long way to go".

Yukiya Amano of the IAEA appealed to member countries for more money to fund increased inspections in Iran.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25877431

How do you feel about increasing funding for the IAEA so they can do their job?
OK, but I dont have much confidence in them.
I agree with your comment qua North Korea.

I don t have the authority to accomodate u,
but I 'd withdraw the American bases, if it were up to me.
The 3rd World War is over; we won. That 's enuf.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don't think there's a lot of Moslem fanatics in Iran, not compared to Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan (a nuclear power), Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia etc. etc.
The followers of the Ayatollahs????
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Says you. Al Qaida is also under the impression that they won. Their successful campaign in Afghanistan lead to the downfall of the Soviet Union.

Personally I'd rather credit the pragmatism and humanity of Mikhail Gorbachev.
Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

...What about those of us 'indigenous' Irish whose great grandparents moved to England? Is it still alright for the IRA to blow us up?

How can one with only great grandparents arriving in Britain be thought of as "indigenous"? I thought "indigenous" might be applied to those whose ancestry goes back to Celtic villages in medieval England?

RABEL222

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:05 am
@farmerman,
The funding of Terroists in northern Ireland. He has stated more than once that we as Americans are responsible for all actions by its citizens. But dosent feel the same way about British citizens. Something about 300 years or so have gone by so they arn't responsible because of a time lapse.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:23 am
@Foofie,
You're an idiot who doesn't understand anything. My great grandmother was Irish, she was indigenous to Ireland, not me.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:30 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

The funding of Terroists in northern Ireland. He has stated more than once that we as Americans are responsible for all actions by its citizens.

I never said that, I pointed out that had a terrorist organisation tried to raise funds in the UK for attacks on America they would have been outlawed. Noraid, as far as I'm aware, is still going, although its priorities have changed as have the Provisional IRA's.

That's a far cry from saying you're all responsible for all of your citizen's actions. That's a ridiculous thing to say. Rest easy Rab, I don't consider you responsible for anything at all. I don't even think you were responsible for getting your trousers on this morning.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:27 pm
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
Says you. Al Qaida is also under the impression that they won.
"We" includes our anti-commie, anti-atheist allies,
of whom Al was 1; credit where its due.
I did not imply the exclusion of them, Izzy.
Al did a good job. He obviated combat between American troops
and the Red Army in Afghanistan. Al does not like atheists.

izzythepush wrote:
Their successful campaign in Afghanistan
lead to the downfall of the Soviet Union.
It did; it was a beautiful job!

izzythepush wrote:
Personally I'd rather credit the pragmatism and humanity of Mikhail Gorbachev.
U r of opinion that he intended to degrade the communist empire ?
Of that, I am skeptical.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:36 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
By the way, your profile's comment on not caring for one's mortality
could be lessened if one was focussing on what one left behind
(aka, children, grandchildren), as opposed to one's egocentricity,
in my opinion. If I am wrong, and you are secretly a Jesuit, my apologies.
In my opinion, that can be a little risky;
e.g., look at the State Senator of Virginia whose son lost his mind
a few days ago and maliciously cut him up badly in the face,
and then went inside and killed himself. In the fullness of candor,
I take pleasure in the fact that I have no children.

David
Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're an idiot who doesn't understand anything. My great grandmother was Irish, she was indigenous to Ireland, not me.

Well now I understand one thing. Your great grandmother was Irish, and was indigenous to Ireland. I'll put this in my handy book of important facts to know.

Amazingly, I have no interest in my great grandmother, since before my grandparents arrived in NYC, the past is all a mist.

Thank you for giving me one fact to know, since before that I didn't understand "anything." You could have been a great pedagogue.

I do have one question about my new found fact that I now know. Do you think your great grandmother would have liked you to focus your energies on the problems that indigenous Irish still have, rather than the scattered political concerns you seem to have? Let me quote someone dear to many a heart about your lack of focus: forgive him, for he knows not what he does.

I'm off to find a second fact to learn.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foofie wrote:
By the way, your profile's comment on not caring for one's mortality
could be lessened if one was focussing on what one left behind
(aka, children, grandchildren), as opposed to one's egocentricity,
in my opinion. If I am wrong, and you are secretly a Jesuit, my apologies.
In my opinion, that can be a little risky;
e.g., look at the State Senator of Virginia whose son lost his mind
a few days ago and maliciously cut him up badly in the face,
and then went inside and killed himself. In the fullness of candor,
I take pleasure in the fact that I have no children.

David

It's a big world. We all can't be the same. Plus, as a New Yorker, you have one great city to enjoy. It's almost the Year of the Horse.