Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 04:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The last I hear on TV news now Christie is claiming that the attacked on David Wildstein was not vetted or even read by him before being issue by his staff!!!!!!!!

So, he's either a complete jerk, or a terrible boss, or both.
anonymously99

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 04:59 pm
@IRFRANK,
After watching couple youtube videos I personally believe Christie is dealing with quite a bit mentally.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 01:58 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
@BillRM,
Quote:
The last I hear on TV news now Christie is claiming that the attacked on David Wildstein was not vetted or even read by him before being issue by his staff!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Irfrank wrote:

So, he's either a complete jerk, or a terrible boss, or both.

I think he's both. Christi has had a carefully crafted public image and now he's exposed as someone who is concerned only with himself exclusively. I watched MSNBC earlier and listened to a reputable reporter say "If Governor Christi did not know about the attack on David Wildstein, he had a bridge he'd like to sell very cheap." After the GWBridge scandal and the Sandy Relief funds quid pro quo detraction hit the fan, Christi has in all likelihood been all over every bit of information coming or going, not missing a thing. Christi was so unbalanced at the Wildstein's inference: "there is evidence Christi knew" that the governor in a state of discombobulation hurriedly composed the *hit* on his High School former chum. Observing closely the negative feedback from his hastily written message against Wildstein which showed someone becoming unhinged and out of control, he was forced to say the message wasn't "vetted" by him.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:18 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Today, the state's largest newspaper, The Star Ledger, had an editorial that said, "We blew it!"

They acknowledged that their endorsement of Christie for the governorship was WRONG...and they wish they had not done so.

Sounds like he is toast to me.
JTT

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That will free him up to run for the prez of the USA. Do you think he would disappoint in not becoming at least as big a war criminal as Obama? Or will he excell and be a match for gwb.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 08:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I like the Star Ledger when it gets on politicians. Their pit bull policy has been enjoyable in the past.
I think Christie is going to be joining our governor Corbett on the bread line after they both get unelected by two pissed off electorates.

Ahh well. Christie need not stay on his low donut diet and can now return to packing on the pasta.

anonymously99

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 02:30 am
@farmerman,
I seriously think you're haunting me. Purposely.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 04:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Today, the state's largest newspaper, The Star Ledger, had an editorial that said, "We blew it!"

They acknowledged that their endorsement of Christie for the governorship was WRONG...and they wish they had not done so.

Sounds like he is toast to me.

Sorry to just be getting back to you on this. I had heard this on the car radio and later read the Star-Ledger on the web after you mentioned it. Poor Governor Christi, how the mighty has fallen. He's still the chairman of the GOP Governors committee, but wherever he goes the leaders of said state avoid having their picture taken with him.

One thing that stood out in the Star Ledger's UN-Endorsement of Christi article was the statement: Christi is the most overrated politician in history."

Now, I'm beginning to feel sorry because of the concentration of investigations against him; however, not enough I want him to remain in office. After his winning his huge lopsided victory as governor the second time, followed by this tragic unfolding of GWBridge scandal and Sandy Relief funds quid pro quo, his emotional state must be ready to crack. If the investigations continue to gain steam, I'll be willing to bet the pressure will force him to step down.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:18 am
In the same vein, is there any chance Chris Christie leaves the last cookie at home for someone else? Where does the Pope ****?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 12:10 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/christieontop_zps43ab052a.jpg
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 07:52 am
Gov. Chris Christie has new childhood pal to shove into Bridgegate traffic

Quote:
Lt. Thomas Michaels of the Port Authority Police department went to high school with the governor — and also coached Christie’s son in Little League hockey.

Quote:
Another childhood pal of Gov. Chris Christie has been tied to the Bridgegate scandal by emails suggesting he knew of the pending fiasco before it happened.

In the latest twist to the George Washington Bridge debacle, emails show Port Authority Police Lt. Thomas (Chip) Michaels took the governor’s point man at the agency, David Wildstein, on a tour of the span at the start of the traffic mess.

The messages, first reported on Sunday by MSNBC’s Steve Kornacki, also indicate Michaels had gotten wind of the plan to flood Fort Lee with traffic the day before the controversial lane closings and kept Wildstein updated.

On Sept. 8, a day before the lane closures, Michaels emailed Port Authority Capt. Darcy Licorish, asking, “Is there going to be a new traffic pattern installed for Monday the 9th?”

Licorish confirmed that “maintenance personnel” were closing the lanes. He texted Michaels that the action would “most likely” affect rush-hour operations.

“Concerns were made to no aval (sic) locally,” Licorish texted Michaels.

In a 7:28 a.m. email on the first day of the three-day September GWB bog-down, Wildstein informed Robert Durando, general manager of the bridge, “Going to take a ride with chip and see how it looks.”

“Its fkd up here,” Michaels, a 15-year Port Authority officer, tells Wildstein in a text before picking him up for the bridge excursion.

Following the tour, Michaels texted Wildstein, “I may have idea to mak ths beter (sic).”

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What a stupid and obnoxious post.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:13 pm
Christie gave a speech today in front of other Rep governors and leaders, blaming the media for their problems. He didn't fully explain his reasoning for this charge. He also suggests that the Reps accentuate the positive (as the song goes).

He didn't discuss the two major investigations of which he is the subject: bridgegate; and threats to the mayor of Hoboken for not going along with a real estate project favored by Christie associates.

It is often problematic to go after the media, which have the last word. It will be interesting on what happens next. You can be sure that Fox will not criticize Christie.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 07:32 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Christie gave a speech today in front of other Rep governors and leaders, blaming the media for their problems. He didn't fully explain his reasoning for this charge. He also suggests that the Reps accentuate the positive (as the song goes).

He didn't discuss the two major investigations of which he is the subject: bridgegate; and threats to the mayor of Hoboken for not going along with a real estate project favored by Christie associates.

It is often problematic to go after the media, which have the last word. It will be interesting on what happens next. You can be sure that Fox will not criticize Christie.

Govenor Christie appears to be genuinely corrupt on a scale that is rare for one seeking the top-tier US presidential position. The New Jersey governor has proven he is indeed petty and small-minded the way he went after David Wildstein for suggesting Christi knew about the GWB lane closings, channelling all the way back to Wildstein's high school days. He's shown he's retaliatory, believing in inflicting punishment on those who dare oppose him. I think we have just seen the tip of the iceberg regarding Christi's peculiar personal makeup, but from what we've seen so far, this two-faced hypocrite is one to run from. Christi's latest poll rating is now at its lowest, in the mid 40s.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 08:21 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Christi's latest poll rating is now at its lowest, in the mid 40s.

Does that mean 40 percent still support him? Hmmm ....

He may think his behavior is acceptable, he just got caught.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 01:47 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:

Does that mean 40 percent still support him? Hmmm ....

Given time, Christi's ratings will dip even lower. Perception is reality and more and more people are finding it implausible Governor Chris Christi wasn't aware of what was going on in his own office. The current New Jersey governor comes across as one overly fed con artist politician only more polished than most but behind that facade, more deadly, with his milking New Jerseyans for all they are worth and the Sandy aid his special slush fund!

Quote:
He may think his behavior is acceptable, he just got caught.

Oh happy day! Yep, he's caught in this net, and frankly, I don't think he'll ever escape. There's nothing, at least that's been leaked so far, that could be nailed as a smoking gun, unless a strong connection tie Christi to Mayor Dawn Zimmer of Hoboken where Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno offered Sandy aid funds in exchange for redevelopment and investments in Hoboken if Mayor Zimmer gave permission to allow this.....Guadagno made it clear the suggestion came from Christi whom she had talked to the night before. The observation from many you ask on the streets of New Jersey about a possible Christi involvement and they will say "heck yes, he knew." People in New York (where I also live) feel the same way, that it's inconceivable he did not know.
panzade

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 03:07 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
To be honest: He got caught doing a lot of stuff(like giving 9-11 keepsakes to mayors that would support him , and the Sandy nonsense)

But I've come to the realization that he did NOT know about Bridgegate.

There is all sorts of evidence that it was a senseless rogue escapade by his underlings.

Fort Lee Mayor Sokolich was way , way down the list when it came to importance in Christies Gov.'s campaign(which was a landslide)

Nevertheless, the fiasco definitely gave us a view of his shady dealings in other areas.
Advocate

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 03:32 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

To be honest: He got caught doing a lot of stuff(like giving 9-11 keepsakes to mayors that would support him , and the Sandy nonsense)

There is all sorts of evidence that it was a senseless rogue escapade by his underlings.

Fort Lee Mayor Sokolich was way , way down the list when it came to importance in Christies Gov.'s campaign(which was a landslide)

Nevertheless, the fiasco definitely gave us a view of his shady dealings in other areas.

It appears that there was a lot of planning and communication regarding the Ft. Lee traffic jam. Thus, it is a bit hard to believe that no one was copying Christie, or otherwise keeping him informed. During the jam, Christie joked, saying: "why am I smiling."

I think that Christie has a closer link to the alleged threat to the Hoboken mayor. There were high-up officials and a lot of money alleged to be involved

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 04:22 pm
@panzade,
Quote:

I'm sure there are a few who feel the way you do, Panzade, that Governor Chris Christi was ignorant of Bridgate, but personally, after much close scrutiny of this New Jersey governor, I do not believe I'll ever be convinced of his innocence; according to one report, Christie along with his mentor, David Samson, the latter of Wolf and Samson law firm, used the Port Authority as a political tool. According to people who've known Christi for decades, he is a micromanager, and nothing escapes his eye.

But hey, you have my enduring respect for your own personal viewpoint.
panzade

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 07:35 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
But hey, you have my enduring respect for your own personal viewpoint.

Well thanks...my gut feeling about Bridgegate changed last night. 180 degrees, after I watched Rachel Maddow explain why it didn't make sense that Christie was going after mayor Sokolich, a guy that didn't matter much.
The other stuff. Yeah I can see it.
0 Replies