A penitent troll apologises for mocking atheism. On show here!

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 02:40 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I hope I don't seem to be a literalist, but colors and sounds are easily measurable. Religious things, however, are beliefs based on blind faith. Do you really believe that Mary was a virgin when she gave birth?

We never measure colours or sounds. We only measure the material objects that we select. The reasons we give for selecting them, like colour (colour language, or discourse), have no material links.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 03:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Again, by your use of 'perhaps' and your dismissive reply... you don't know how to respond... that sums you up Frank... enjoy your idea of yourself... it's all you've got and you always as usual... reap what you sow...
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:13 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Again, by your use of 'perhaps' and your dismissive reply... you don't know how to respond... that sums you up Frank... enjoy your idea of yourself... it's all you've got and you always as usual... reap what you sow...

Sorry you have so much in the way of problems with people who want to acknowledge when they do not know something...and want to be prudent in how they phrase things. Obviously you are not one of those kinds of people.

I respond with some accuracy, igm...and perhaps that is what is troubling you.

You decided to start this for some reason...now you seem out of sorts because the going is getting a bit tough. Remember to beware of the kitchen if heat is your problem.
igm

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Laughing
Show your evidence Frank... I've see nothing from you... to put it politely... f**k all.

I've asked you to back up what you say... I've received nothing, nada...

Put up (give evidence of what you say) or shut up... is my best advice Frank.

You don't know that there is a god. Atheists agree with you.
You don't know that there isn't a god. Theists agree with you and atheists don't disagree with you.

Everyone doesn't disagree with you Frank... your position is f**king useless... we all agree and we don't give a ****... Laughing

I'm right at home in the kitchen Frank!
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:42 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Laughing
Show your evidence Frank... I've see nothing from you... to put it politely... f**k all.

I've asked you to back up what you say... I've received nothing, nada...

How does one "back up" a feeling...except to say that the feeling exists.

I said something to the creator of this thread...and you corrected it. That seemed to me to indicate that you disagreed in some way with what I had said...or the way I said it.

I asked you about that...and you started the balance of this game.

Quote:
Put up (give evidence of what you say) or shut up... is my best advice Frank.

Put up the evidence for what? That I feel you disagree with what I wrote.

The evidence is my testimony...I feel you disagree with me...or it seems to me that you disagree. That was why I asked the question of you, igm.

You don't know that there isn't a god. Theists agree with you and atheists don't disagree with you.

Quote:
Everyone doesn't disagree with you Frank... your position is f**king useless... we all agree and we don't give a ****... Laughing

My...you seem so out of sorts, igm. You don't seem content or happy at all.

If you do not disagree with what I wrote...tell me that you do not disagree with me...rather than that nonsense your wrote in response.

Okay. Wink
igm

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
igm wrote:

The above is your whole argument (for decades in 1000's of posts)... my conclusion which is true, if it wasn't so funny Laughing it would be sad... Sad
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:49 pm
Quote:
JohnJonesCardiff said: A penitent troll apologises for mocking atheism

Wait a minute mate, atheism is funny so you're entitled to chuckle at it..Smile
I mean, they say flat out "There's no god" without anything to back themselves up, that's not very scientific of them at all!

PS- Agnostics on the other hand have seized the intellectual high ground from atheists by being much more logical and saying "We don't know if there's a god"
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:51 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

igm wrote:

The above is your whole argument (for decades in 1000's of posts)... my conclusion which is true, if it wasn't so funny Laughing it would be sad... Sad

That was not what my statement was about, igm.

As for the fact that you are tired of what I am saying, I will contact Robert and ask him to rescind the edict that requires you to read what I write.

BUT...what you are allowing to upset you so...was not what I said in the statement with which you are apparently in disagreement...or at least that you saw fit to correct.

This is fun, igm. Please don't allow it to upset you so. Wink
igm

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If it's fun then respond to this:

http://able2know.org/topic/229897-3#post-5533805

... we don't disagree with you as I've shown, so what use are you in a philosophy discussion? There certainly isn't anything new or interesting coming from you Frank (not a single original thought)... I'd ask for evidence in your rebuttal but why would you start now?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:59 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I just did.

But...because you think that is all I've ever had to say...does not mean that is all I've ever had to say.

I have contributed in many areas...and while there are people who don't particularly like me; what I have to say; or the way I say it...

...I feel comfortable with it.

Once again, since you seem to think what I have to say is worthless and not very interesting, I am sorry you are required to read it.

I read everything you write, igm, because I am interested in what you have to say.

Wow...that was fun. Hope you are enjoying the give and take also. Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:01 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

... we don't disagree with you as I've shown, so what use are you in a philosophy discussion?

Well...you corrected what I said. So you must disagree with it.

Quote:
There certainly isn't anything new or interesting coming from you Frank (not a single original thought)... I'd ask for evidence in your rebuttal but why would you start now?

Gosh...you really are in a snit, igm. I guess that meditation stuff doesn't always kick in as powerfully or timely as it should.

I love ya, igm...no matter what. Wink
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
JohnJonesCardiff said: A penitent troll apologises for mocking atheism

Wait a minute mate, atheism is funny so you're entitled to chuckle at it..Smile
I mean, they say flat out "There's no god" without anything to back themselves up, that's not very scientific of them at all!

PS- Agnostics on the other hand have seized the intellectual high ground from atheists by being much more logical and saying "We don't know if there's a god"

It's funny how we can tell whether someone hasn't read a post but only the title.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Do theists and atheists not disagree with you Frank... by definition? Yes, they do not disagree with you, so you are arguing with views that don't disagree with yours... that is my definition of useless Frank.

If you show me an example of you not just repeating yourself on this subject then I'll examine it... you won't because there isn't any. You think you are adding to discussions but you are just repeating the stuff we all agree with and saying that anything else cannot be anything other than a guess... that is what gets responses but what do you bring to the table... what original ideas do you bring? None Frank just your unsupported feelings that someone is moody or some such thing; even then I think you make that up to for 'affect'... and for passive readers who won't check back through the posts to see if it has substance.

I don't disagree with your agnostic views as I have shown... but they are useless and have no benefit... I read your posts because... hey Frank... it's not all about you... I enjoy the originality of those you seek to put down with your banal repetitions. So in that sense you are not useless... but not because of you... inspite of you.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:22 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Do theists and atheists not disagree with you Frank... by definition? Yes, they do not disagree with you, so you are arguing with views that don't disagree with yours... that is my definition of useless Frank.

Your disagreement with me in this thread, igm...had to do with the fact that saying one does not believe something...does not obligate that person to believe its opposite. It is possible, like I said, that one does not believe there are gods...and does not believe there are no gods.

That is what you took issue with.

Quote:
If you show me an example of you not just repeating yourself on this subject then I'll examine it... you won't because there isn't any. You think you are adding to discussions but you are just repeating the stuff we all agree with and saying that anything else cannot be anything other than a guess... that is what gets responses but what do you bring to the table... what original ideas do you bring? None Frank just your unsupported feelings that someone is moody or some such thing; even then I think you make that up to for 'affect'... and for passive readers who won't check back through the posts to see if it has substance.

Well...yes, I do think you are a bit out of control, but that is small potatoes compared with the fact that you are not addressing the substance of what I wrote earlier.

Quote:
I don't disagree with your agnostic views as I have shown... but they are useless and have no benefit...

Au contraire, mon ami. The are very useful...and have much benefit.

Quote:

I read your post because... hey Frank... it's not all about you... I enjoy the originality of those you seek to put down with your banal repetitions. So in that sense you are not useless... but no because of you... inspite of you.

Well...if it brings some enjoyment into your life to do that...by all means do it. But you complain so much about it...I thought you were not enjoying it. (Actually, I still do!) Wink

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:27 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Be careful there pal...your argument on colours nature could bring materialism closer to Heaven instead of bringing Heaven down to Earth...
Phenomena are what they are, we experience them...as for God, well I never saw him, not even on technicolor...your baiting your own azz.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your last post makes my point perfectly... thanks Frank!

Also:

http://able2know.org/topic/225324-43#post-5533537

http://able2know.org/topic/225324-43#post-5533667
mysteryman

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 07:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
This is getting fun to read, keep it going.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 08:31 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Your last post makes my point perfectly... thanks Frank!

Also:

http://able2know.org/topic/225324-43#post-5533537

http://able2know.org/topic/225324-43#post-5533667

Not sure what your "point" is, igm...and there are times where I am pretty sure you are not sure either.

Anyway...you challenged my wording...and this give and take developed.

Been fun for me; been fun for mysteryman; and I hope it has been fun for you.

We can keep going for as long as you like.

Wink
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 10:01 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I don't disagree with your agnostic views as I have shown... but they are useless and have no benefit... I read your posts because... hey Frank... it's not all about you... I enjoy the originality of those you seek to put down with your banal repetitions. So in that sense you are not useless... but not because of you... inspite of you.

Igm you just revealed the greatest flow of philosophy, it doesn't matter because we don't know. Frank is right and we all know it, that's why discussions like this even exist. We don't know and never will know no matter how much we think we know. Yeah I know I'm not adding anything but the obvious, but really how can anyone ignore what's obvious and not accept it?
fresco

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:32 am
@mikeymojo,
Quote:
Igm you just revealed the greatest flow of philosophy, it doesn't matter because we don't know. Frank is right and we all know it, that's why discussions like this even exist. We don't know and never will know no matter how much we think we know. Yeah I know I'm not adding anything but the obvious, but really how can anyone ignore what's obvious and not accept it?

I don't agree. You are falling for the layman's lack of analysis of the term "knowledge".

These discussions exist because most humans appear to have a psychological need, reinforced by social conditioning, to evoke deities, or nebulous absolutes of a spiritual nature in order to give significance to their lives. Arguments about the reality of such evocations is banal because "reality" itself is another equally nebulous concept. It is facile to apply the word "know" to parochial nebulous concepts as though they were open to universally agreed observational criteria. Agnostics are merely epistemologically naive. They cannot understand, or avoid consideration of, the difference between universal agreement, and parochial requirements.