PUNKEY

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:57 pm
@smurf10,
Smurf - it really could be a two step process, right?

1. I'm gay
2. I have a (partner, lover, significant friend, etc. ) and here he/she is.

As a parent, I'd like to process #1 first - And not at the holiday dinner table.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:04 pm
@anonymously99,
Hey Anonymously your profile says you've got your own cottage off by itself. Count yourself lucky mate, I live in a 3rd floor flat surrounded by noisy pubs, yapping dogs, and drunks fighting in the street!
As if that's not enough there are also 5 bleddy ghosts in the street and paranormal groups do ghostwalks up and down it. Here's a group looking at the Elizabethan House across the road, there's supposed to be an old baby cradle in it that rocks on its own when nobody's touching it.
I've lived in the street for 9 years and have never seen a spook yet, but there was a funny knocking on my living room wall once, I hope it wasn't Jehovah's Witnesses..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ghostnewst.jpg
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo - will you STOP sabotaging threads?

You can talk to Anon. thru messaging.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:14 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well the thread title is 'Coming out', so they might be gay ghosts...
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:30 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:
I don't bother nuch with private messages mate, I much prefer talking in the open forum where my superhuman wit and intellect is on display for all to see, including the occupants of orbiting Klingon Birds of Prey etc..

anonymously99 wrote:
In that case. From man to man. I 'might' be interested in your dull, boring, yet sick and twisted sense of humor.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 04:03 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
@smurf10,
smurf10 wrote:

Any advice from people who have came out of the closet? Been on my mind alot and would like to hear peoples experience of it and if their life is better or worse now?

Honey I was never in the closet, closets are for clothes.

πŸ‘
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 04:21 pm
@IRFRANK,
???
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 06:46 pm
@ossobuco,
<I don't understand the square image>
IRFRANK

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 07:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Thumbs up. Emoticon.
πŸ‘
Pearlylustre

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:21 pm
@IRFRANK,
It's not working. I'm getting a little square as well.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:24 pm
@IRFRANK,
Thanks, I'm slo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:40 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I just took the square as regular.. that I didn't understand.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
You seem to think all a man has to bring to the table is a salary...you're several centuries too late..most women can do this on their own.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:05 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Sorry, it looks good on my iPad. Lesson learned.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 05:28 pm
Good for her!

Robin Roberts comes out

Quote:
Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts publicly came out for the first time in an end-of-year Facebook post on Sunday. In a list of people she is grateful for, Roberts included her β€œlong-time girlfriend Amber.”
β€œI am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together,” she wrote.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 06:19 pm
@jcboy,
Wow, that's a surprise!
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 06:28 pm
@jcboy,
I'm looking forward to the day when being gay is so 'normal' that stories like this aren't even noteworthy anymore. I've really noticed in recent years that gay couples (non celebrities at least) are more and more visible in mainstream media in stories where sexuality is irrelevant - in Australia anyway. I get a bit annoyed with some of our gay comedians who think they have to make a big deal of their sexuality and play up to stereotypes when I think it would be more helpful to community attitudes if being gay could be just part of who they are without the constant interior design jokes.
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 06:42 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I don't know why Robin's story is news.

I thought she'd told everyone years ago.

I agree with you pearly.

When more people, regardless of your sexual orientation says "so what?" when this sort of news comes out, the sooner it will be normal.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:22 pm
@Pearlylustre,
And herein lies the rub for a number of people.

If homosexuality is "normal," than why are so many prominent homosexuals fixated on their sexual orientation?

The gay and lesbian friends and relatives I have wouldn't think to bring it up unless the subject of discussion unambiguously involved sexual orientation.

They are normal people who happen to be homosexual and no more define themselves by their sexuality than I, a heterosexual, do.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:34 pm
Within my lifetime, admitting to being gay was realistically a giant crisis among friends, family, and most of all at work places; oh, and armed forces, which have been an economic go-to for many u.s. citizens near forever. I assume similar in a lot of the rest of the world.