hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/pew.jpg

and the results greatly vary by age, with the young being more OK with homo's....I expect that in teens it would be hard to find even 10% who are not OK with homosexuality in theory, and most of them would suck it up and be OK with a person they know claiming to be a homo.

Quote:
such a value judgment was not apparent in your post, and so anyone thumbing it down had to assume it was
right, and you know that I routinely get attacked by the mob here regardless of what I say....in this case I assume that I was voted down because I was mocking the concern over announcing that one is gay. perhaps it was deserved, the holding of the hand and chanting "you go for it, you are great!" is the expected rote response.
Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why would you post a link to a thread that makes you look like a total idiot?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:08 pm
Quote:
Maxdonca said re Ian McKellen as Gandalf: We the public accepted this guy... who is cooler and tougher then any James Bond

Yes everybody loves McKellen and they don't care if he's gay, same with other gays actors and entertainers past and present like Derek Jacobi, Liberace, John Inman, Michael Barrymore, Larry Grayson etc.
The only gays who the public don't like are the loud noisy "militant gays" like the gay male couples who sting and sue guest house owners for not letting them in, and who demand schoolkids be taught that its fine to be gay etc.
Like I've said before, gays can be their own worst enemies.

The late great Larry Grayson..Smile
Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:11 pm
@Pearlylustre,
to be fair, his choices are getting thinner all the time...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
and the recent case of the bakery that refused to do a wedding cake for a gay couple...the bakery lost in court as I recall, which is wrong.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/1207/Colo.-judge-orders-Christian-baker-to-bake-gay-wedding-cake.-Will-he-say-no-video

a business can hurt people who dont like gays all they want, but do something against a gay person and it is a matter for law.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:42 pm
The exact translation varies from Bible version to version but this is the gist-
Paul said- "Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were"- (1 Cor 6:9-11)

Interestingly, he's not saying homosexuality is any worse than anything else in the list, he simply lumps it in with minor stuff like being drunk etc..Smile

My own opinion (correct me if i'm wrong) is that there are 3 kinds of gayness-
1- The female trapped in a males body
2- Nice, loving friendly gays
3- Nasty gays

I'm sticking my neck out by guessing that I don't think God has any real beef against 1 and 2.
However the nasty brutal 3's are another thing entirely, they're the sort who wanted to gay-rape two male angels who were visiting Sodom. Bad call..Wink
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:45 pm
@smurf10,
To get back to your question, Smurf, only you can know what is best for you in the specific circumstances, relationships and environment you are in. The opinions of people on A2K, the internet, or those who have answered poll questions around the world make no difference to what is happening in your life.

There are many organizations, some most likely local to you, that can help you through the transition and how to best anticipate and address any issues/difficulties you might encounter.

People can share their good and bad stories and experiences with you, but you are the one who must choose what will work best for you.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
"Interestingly, he's not saying homosexuality is any worse than anything else in the list, he simply lumps it in with minor stuff like being drunk etc..Smile"

interesting considering there is some serious speculation that Paul was gay himself...
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:26 pm
Quote:
Rockhead said: there is some serious speculation that Paul was gay himself...

Prove it..Smile
Paul was an ex-bounty hunter and hired gun, and bounty hunters/hired guns don't do "gay"..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jack-Wilson_zps5306d14d.jpg~original

Paul called himself 'Saul' in his bounty hunter days-
"Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples went to the high priest and asked letters from him so that he might bring them chained to Jerusalem" (Acts 9:1)
Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
he wore a pinkie ring...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:54 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

interesting considering there is some serious speculation that Paul was gay himself...

I always thought George was more likely to be gay.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:56 pm
@chai2,
that's a rumor thought to be started by eric clapton.

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Laughing
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
There are far too many idiots on this website that will just vote down a person base not on the content of any given post but their feelings toward that person.

When I get that annoyed at a person such as Firefly or JTT, in my case, I just placed them on ignore.
anonymously99

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:34 pm
@BillRM,
Things wouldn't be as hard as they are if people learned how to control their feelings.

It is hatred, annoyance, aggravation, else more one feels? Then overcome those feelings with love. Accept those feelings. Try understanding the situation at hand. Understanding the person and if possible the bs they're dealing with. Why should one feel they must hate?, seek vengance, try abusing in any way because of their feelings. Love is beautiful. A beautiful feeling.

I personally have nothing against anyone. But damn. The mind can be a **** load to handle when you're finally discovering how your mind works.

My advice is to love all, no matter what. Mature love.
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 12:08 am
@anonymously99,
Makes me wonder, has someone chosen to, ignore me? If so the thought makes me half smile sarcastically, yet immediately thinking sincerely I don't wonder why.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 02:49 pm
Quote:
Anonymously said: Makes me wonder, has someone chosen to, ignore me?

Of course not mate, it simply means they agree with your posts, otherwise they'd try to argue!
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I was referring to when sending/receiving private messages.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:42 pm
@anonymously99,
I don't bother nuch with private messages mate, I much prefer talking in the open forum where my superhuman wit and intellect is on display for all to see, including the occupants of orbiting Klingon Birds of Prey etc..Smile
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I gathered.