Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 02:16 pm
I'd like to get an honest answer--Are construction workers easy people to converse with, congenial people? There's this guy, I'd say early-mid 20's who operates the construction bob cat. Met him/noticed him during gym class, we go out to the track for gym. Some people walk the track, while others are playing on the field. There's a new high school being constructed so obviously there's construction taking place surrounding the area and we can see them. I'm 18 turning 19 this year before I graduate. We started going out this past I'd say late September-early October is when I noticed him. Up until November this past week was our last class outside from what I am aware of. So this guy and myself have spotted each other, have made eye contact multiple times, smiles, I've gotten a beep from him as I was making consistent eye contact with him, broke it away by looking ahead or down, and he beeped resulting in a huge smile on my face, great confidence boost lol. We've made eye contact for a straight time that when I got close to the fence over by him he looked at me and mouthed something but I could not hear/nor decipher what he was saying. It's just so complicated when you're in the environment I was in where you have to be cautious. He's blasted a country music song, when I noticed I turned around towards him to see his cat in the vicinity he was at a bit further away yet I could hear the loud music, cracking up laughing. Unfortunately, my friend who would like to join me has failed many times to picking me up and driving down so we could go to the track. Tomorrow I am making a definite committed promise to myself to go run the track right after school(I am also a runner). Problem is I obsess..scrutinize over making the best first impression and another problem is I having anxiety, and it can get awful. I don't medicate myself, not extremely severe but it kills myself in these type of situations.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 31,240 • Replies: 671

View best answer, chosen by Equestrianforlife7xo
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 02:27 pm
You need to cool it. A guy is FLIRTING with you. That's about all you know. (Did you actually MEET him - like introductions and TALK to each other?)

I'll bet you don't know him and don't know a thing about him (like, if he's married or not.)

I don't know if construction workers are easy to talk to in general, but this one is pretty bold to be flirting with a high school girl.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 09:44 am
@PUNKEY,
Haven't talked YET until I go down to the track and finally actually converse with him. A little at a time.. And high school girl, I'm not underage though so we're all good.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 10:57 am
Quote:
Equestrian asked: Are construction workers easy people to converse with... he looked at me and mouthed something but I could not hear/nor decipher what he was saying

He was probably saying something like "Wanna see my new cement mixer?"
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 12:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why?? Lol
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 01:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
I have not talked to him yet, but I will once I get myself down to the track as the prior date did not work out. I have a planned set date for next week. Smile
Yes, high school girl, but I'm not underage so there's no unlawfulness that either of us would have to be concerned about.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 04:26 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
There is more to be concerned about here than age and being legal.

Don't be in such a hurry, you've got a whole lifetime ahead of you.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
What is there more to be concerned about? I'm sure I'm already aware along the lines of what you're going to say, but let me know.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:03 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:
Met him/noticed him during gym class, we go out to the track for gym.

you haven't met him

once you actually exchanged greetings that you can both hear, you'll have met him
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:19 pm
Why? because from what I've read of your posts before, you get fixated on someone or some thing. And now you are zoned in. Doing this repeatedly can make you quite abused but not getting the love, the caring we all want.

I don't know how to help, will be interested in what longtime readers have to say to help her.

Oh, on construction workers - some bunch are fools, some of their bosses are asses, but many are very good at it, and if they're wise and lucky in combo, can do their own thing. Therein lies the trick.
cherrie

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:46 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I'm just wondering how old you actually are? I just read a previous thread of yours from the start of this year where you were 16 nearly 17, but now apparently you will be turning 19 this year.
You wrote that you tend to obsess and I think that is your problem. You seem to fixate on some-one and read way too much into every glance and casual hello.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I need to edit that, as I know crews who have worked together a long time, and in a way, the group is the greatness.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Correct. Disregard the "met him" part then. Have not met him yet.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:13 pm
@ossobuco,
In this situation I am not fixated to any extent. I was not asking you the question "why", that was for someone else.

Yeah you're going by contrary beliefs of construction workers I don't believe that ****.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:15 pm
@cherrie,
If you saw my appearance, then you would have more a a solid understanding on this whole thing. Focus on one particular post, not my earlier ones..
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:17 pm
@cherrie,
I tend to obsess on making the best FIRST IMPRESSION that I can.... Nothing else. Read more carefully.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:24 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
what **** don't you believe in?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:26 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

I'd like to get an honest answer--Are construction workers easy people to converse with, congenial people?

Yes, all construction workers are exactly alike.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:39 pm
@chai2,
Exactly alike as what?? Congenial people?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:42 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Pass the beer.

1. Forums
  2. » Are construction workers easy to talk to?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:23:45