Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:37 pm
If evidently you are all trying to "help me" first off, you chose this post. Focus on THIS post. Not past posts and don't jump to conclusions just because I've shown a pattern of whatever in my past posts. In addition to that, if you we're trying to help me you would give me a straight-forward answer, which most of you have failed to do in terms of my original post, original question. The first person notably stated that he was flirting with me and whatnot, answering my question in a very simple, not argumentative or negative way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:45 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I've worked with hundreds of construction workers over many years, having been an architect. As a group of people working the same type jobs, I like them a great deal. That is a generalization. Individually they vary. As for congeniality, they vary as the rest of humanity does, and yes, some are terrific.

You, in the meantime are working yourself up to meet one. I'm sorry you disapprove of my opinion.

edit to add, some of the brightest and most generally interesting people on a2k are or have been contractors.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you.

However, I don't recall from any of my posts of disapproving your opinion?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:49 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
http://able2know.org/topic/228042-1#post-5510122
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay, my apology.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:55 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Thank you.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Any further advice or tips you'd like to give mefor when I introduce myself/exchange greetings to this man?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:01 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
What is usual for websites is that they won't erase your account, or past discussions. Of course, I haven't visited all websites.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:07 pm
@ossobuco,
As from what I know, Google, YouTube, and Yahoo accounts can be deleted. It's a shame that this one can't.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:11 pm
@Lordyaswas,
PASS THE BEER! You so called construction worker. May I ask how old you are? Experience plays a big part.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:14 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
My only opinion is that stressing about it is sort of useless - it'll go well or it won't or be inconclusive - and stress will make you, if anything, act in a non relaxed way.
Do you have an idea of what sort of person you want to him, or anyone, to see you as?

I have my own memories of seeing a guy I had a crush on, that I had met only slightly, as he worked in a different part of our building. As we approached each other in the major first floor hallway, I started to turn bright red, all my interest showing in my face. I can't remember what I said, probably just hi, and kept walking. I was an adult by then, and this was like being thirteen again. I was a mess of feelings, being horrified at myself for blushing and being glad to see him. Not long later, we started dating. So even what I thought was the worst possible thing happening, my turning red, turned out ok.

Maybe breathe deeply to calm down when you do meet him - but I'm no expert on the wisdom of that. I do it when I am all freaked about something, and it helps me.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I want him to see me as who he has been seeing me as on the track. But this time when I actually converse, I want him to see me as a confident, smart person. I have anxiety so it makes everything worse, and in most cases it's social anxiety, making it difficult for me to socialize calmly and be myself. Basically I get ahead of myself in a way, same thing as being anxious root word...then there's anxiety disorders.

And that's nice, what you thought was bad actually worked in your favor.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 05:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
Could you tell me what there is to be more concerned about?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 05:26 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You're plenty smart and this social stuff is difficult, I hope you can work through or around it. I get it that it's hard to explain to a new person.

Be brave.

Also be careful.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 05:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you!!

Be careful as in what sense? Just elaborate a little bit more.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 05:58 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You could be taken advantage of sexually, or, never mind that, someone trying to order you around in a manipulating way.

You're pretty feisty, so that's good.

I'm not trying to scare you - you are vulnerable since you are somewhat lonely. A lot of us, off and on, are lonely in life, even some married people, but it's hard as a teen.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:05 pm
@ossobuco,
I hear you, figured you were going to say something such as that. But, I have faith and some trust in this man already, have a good feeling about him. But we'll see. And thank you!! Lol all these compliments, so nice.

And trust me, I may still be considered a teen(as much as I despise hearing it) I'm far from one. My age group as in the people I converse with throughout are youngest age being 18, and to mid 20's I'm friendly with them. I ride horses at this barn and meet these people particularly the ones in their +20s, so it's nice.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Pretty odd how everyone else discontinued commenting in this forum. Especially the construction worker, as he claimed to be.
cherrie

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:30 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I think people stopped commenting because you aren't listening.

You've just made another gigantic assumption about this guy - you have faith and some trust in him - based on what?

You haven't even spoken to him yet, how can you possibly come to a conclusion like that? He might be married with kids, he might be a sleazy creep, you know absolutely nothing about him.

I'm not having a go at you, I just think you are being incredibly unrealistic and naive. But good luck.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:36 pm
@cherrie,
BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE WERE BEING UNREALISTIC. I've finally came to some sense and a rational human being like the lady I have been talking to. For your information, that is not an assumption. I am very intuitive and know when to trust my gut. I also know when I'm pushing it too far and when to pull back. That was just a simple statement. I'm also far from naive, I have morals.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:48:55