Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 10:27 pm
@glitterbag,
You sound ridiculous.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 10:36 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I'm, yawnnnnn , terribly wounded zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 10:45 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

chai2 wrote:

Lordyaswas is a construction worker, you should be listening to him.

Yes, I wear big, dusty boots all day, wolf whistle at anything vaguely female and own my own bobcat.
He stinks out the living room, but I can't shut him outside in this cold weather.

I'm a big softie when it comes to big kitty's. if you have a shower and separate tub, you might fill that tub up with the nifty clumping kitty litter. Your bobcat will love you for it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:59 am
If I were a girl and a construction worker smiled at me, I would not think he was flirting with me.

If he "mouthed" something to me, I would think that odd, because a nice, mature young man would come over to the fence and say something like, "Hello. My name is ____. I work here and live _____. Could I ask you for coffee sometime?"

If he oogled or shouted or laughed at me then I would think he was odd.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 05:11 am
@PUNKEY,
You need to cool it. A guy is FLIRTING with you. That's about all you know. (Did you actually MEET him - like introductions and TALK to each other?)

I'll bet you don't know him and don't know a thing about him (like, if he's married or not.)

I don't know if construction workers are easy to talk to in general, but this one is pretty bold to be flirting with a high school girl.

That was your first comment.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 06:49 am
@PUNKEY,
You completely just contradicted yourself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 08:42 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

Just for the record, I find it very immature to whomever it involves that is liking people's comments and downgrading my comments, giving me a thumbs down. VERY immature. As I ASSUME, you are all 30-40 yr olds.... Grow up and start acting like it.

What a brilliantly conclusive way of demonstrating your maturity. On the rare occasions that someone votes one of my posts down, I only wish that I had been mature enough to respond in such a forthright manner.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:18 pm
Quote:
Equestrian said: Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Why shouldn't they be?
Worst people to talk to are Asian call centres, it's almost impossible to understand their accents
Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 01:36 pm
I'm arriving late to this thread because I was put off by the thread title. "Are construction workers easy to talk to?" I find it offputting to lump people together that way. The answer is that some are and some aren't.

However, the construction worker in question has made it pretty clear that he'd be easy to talk to. He may be reluctant to start a conversation because all he knows about you is that you're a high school student. You could be 16 or 19. He might also be interested in only flirting from afar because he's married. Engaged. Who knows what. All you know about him is that he has a steady job.

I concur with the advice you're already been given. Approach with extreme caution.

BTW, one of the best people I ever knew was a construction worker--by beloved grandpa.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:22 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm a very outspoken straight-forward person, could care less.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I meant congenial people and easy-going.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:47 pm
@Roberta,
I didn't know how else to phrase the question so I just went with that. Examples of how he has made it clear that he'd be easy to talk to?

Who knows what his relationship status is(HOPEFULLY single). Although, he has gone out of his way to get my attention etc. You seem like an easy person to talk to already by your post. He has beeped when I was looking in the vicinity that he's typically by, I kept looking and prior to that shortly after he had been driving over so I continued to make watch until he came(it was first thing in the morning, I wanted him to be near) he finally came by where we could both visually see each other, we both maintained eye contact for quite a bit and then I broke it by veering my eyes off, looking ahead and down. Seconds later within, he beeped and I turned to look at him, smiling at him. Needless to say it felt very good, one hell of a confidence boost. Numerous times when he'd be out over there in the usual vicinity working the cat, he would look until he noticed me(this was when my class would be coming over to the track) and also walking the track he'd be looking at me(I don't like to use "stare") And in addition to all this, that one time where I was walking the long straight away side of the track, I got nearer to the fence where he was "playing with dirt", working lol, and we kept the eye contact and when I was abut to the said fence he was multitasking, focusing on doing whatever to the dirt pile and looking at me saying something which I could not decipher. Which is why I referred to it in earlier posts as "mouthing." Near to the end of the course our classes, he was on the cell directing some guy in this driving cart to do something on the field. Soon enough he then parked himself directly in front of me sitting in his cat I like to say checking me out as he was on the cell, thought he was talking to me so as he's enjoying the view looking at me I was looking as well until I came to the realization that he was on the cell, I could hear his voice clearly and bits and pieces of the words he was saying.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:49 pm
Yawn.

I think I'll have pizza tonight.

Suggestions for topping, anyone?
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 03:51 pm
@Roberta,
When I am at the track this upcoming Wednesday, would you suggest for me to keep walking the track(I'm a runner so possibly might jog a few laps) until he notices me, or for me to notice him and go over saying some greeting?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 06:58 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You're doing an anxiety waltz, stop it. Talk to your therapist. This whole planning scenario is like a need to program so things go well.

I am aware your weren't addressing me, but I still get to talk; I understand you don't allow that.

On the matter of flirting and not flirting, construction workers worldwide have winked or whistled at women passing by, and so have many other men. Whether it is official flirting, as in someone wanting to actually meet you, is problematic. Beating up Punkey about that shows you don't understand. It has been a construction site pass time immemorial. It's usually a sort of mix of flirt with a bit of taunt. They generally don't want you to follow them home to make them dinner, but also (this is a guess) don't mean it badly, unless they get lucky.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 10:01 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I wouldn't go over to him. I would be on the track and maybe smile and wave a little. See what happens.

BTW, what osso says about construction sites and the way the workers act when females are around is absolutely true.

I was also surprised to see that you didn't know that people who were in prison reinstegrate into the workforce when they get out. A former prisoner can hold any job if he can get it.

Again, I say, be extremely cautious. I'm worried.

cherrie

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 10:16 pm
I would just like to make the point that not all criminals have a criminal record to be checked on. They will only have a record if they have been convicted of something. There are untold numbers of people who carry out criminal activities without ever getting caught.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 08:44 am
@Roberta,
I will most definitely smile possibly wave but if he's giving me a cue(assuming this is from somewhat afar) such as saying something or waiting there looking I would most likely as I get over to that area, look up at him and say something.

And no, I was never aware of that. Never even heard or informed of something like that until now

Don't worry too much, have faith in myself. But I'm happy to hear of your concern.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 08:49 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Along with all of the others, he had also been one day working in a different vicinity by the buildings construction(not working by the dirt piles) and once he noticed me, I was hearing a loud echo of music, not to mention many others noticed it. He was blasting country music, loud enough for the whole track, whole construction site possibly even echos of it that neighbors or other people around would hear it. A song by Carrie underwood. Then it ended and he changed the station to this song by One republic "chasing stars" had been on and he kept it. Listen to it if you have not heard it.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 09:14 am
I think you should find a job at a hospital and meet a nice doctor. Much better future.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:15:59