Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank you!
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:38 pm
@chai2,
I did not say that. Those whole postings, individual forum where I posted MY question, is however a part of my ownership. Obviously not financially, I did not mean I own a2k.... Good Lord.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:41 pm
@Butrflynet,
I think that is where I do agonize over the best choice; and whether it is appropriate/lawful, etc.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:48 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Stop thinking about it. Stop posting about it. Make a choice and do it.

No more posting about thinking about it. As they say, it is time to **** or get off the pot. Do something.

This will be my last response to any further post about thinking about it.

Good luck!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:02 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Nobody owns a thread, people can come on and start talking about other things at any time. Ragman posted a Talking Heads video, I like the talking Heads, who doesn't?

And the good news is, David Byrne's discussing the subtext to Psycho Killer.
Any thoughts.

Quote:
David Byrne was pretty bummed to be out of town a couple weeks ago when Katy Perry brought her emoji-laden live spectacle to New York arenas. “I would never want to do all that, but it might spark an idea,” the former Talking Heads leader told the crowd at Lincoln Center Friday night (August 1). How he got from Stop Making Sense, the Talking Heads’ influential concert film that’s currently celebrating its 30th anniversary with a digital release and theatrical run, to the queen of the “California Gurls” is a testament to Byrne’s unique creative wiring. Following a screening of Stop Making Sense at the Film Society of Lincoln Center’s Sound + Vision series, Byrne gave a glimpse into his mind, including his intended second meaning behind the rock doc: the “Psycho Killer” trying to heal through human connection and art.

Everything is fair game for Byrne’s inspiration; his source material for the tour immortalized by Jonathan Demme in Stop Making Sense is proof of this. He drew from Pentecostal preachers, the sacred traditions in Haiti and Brazil, New York’s downtown theater scene in the early 1980s, and the tradition of presentational theater in Bali and Indonesia. Humble as usual, Byrne noted that the religious influences were nothing surprising: “A lot of pop music cinders are a secular version of” sacred ceremonies.

More than that, Byrne said the experience of Stop Making Sense and the 1983 Speaking in Tongues tour it chronicled was about “accepting the artificiality of being onstage.” But damn if there weren’t some “bad hair moments” that left Byrne cringing when he re-watched the film at Lincoln Center that night.

As for Byrne’s other misgivings about Stop Making Sense, he says they’re small and technical — signs of datedness and a few camera angles. But it’s the film’s look that defined it as one of the greatest concert films of all time, from its long camera shots to its lack of bright lights and hokey audience footage. Thirty years later, Stop Making Sense remains an explosion of joy that speaks to the power of live music. Surprisingly, Byrne said the band’s unbridled displays were largely rehearsed by the time Demme and his crew started shooting at Hollywood’s Pantages Theater over the course of three nights. They weren’t so much choreographed as there were unspoken consistences — when some dance move or staging worked live, the quartet and their extended live band just kept doing it. And Byrne barely trained for the highly physical routine of the tour — he merely stretched before showtime.

Byrne, who is unsure of where his “big suit” from the film is at the moment (“it’s currently on its own tour”), explained that he envisioned two narratives when creating the tour at the heart of Stop Making Sense. The primary narrative is obvious and meta: the deconstruction of the rock concert, starting with one guy on an empty stage and working up to a full band, lighting, and stylized sets. The second narrative is more psychological: Byrne as the “Psycho Killer,” “twitchy, angsty, and alone” until he finds catharsis in healing through his bandmates. It’s clear there’s something not right with this character at the film’s start, when Byrne takes to the stage alone, stumbling about as he strums through “Psycho Killer” not acknowledging his surroundings.

Watching Byrne nonchalantly navigate complicated audience questions about his creative process (“I need an assignment — I’m paralyzed with no limitations”) and the film’s near-lossless digital multitrack audio recording (“obsessive about it, it was kind of a nightmare”), it’s hard to believe he could have ever identified with the “Psycho Killer” character. He’s got immense taste, but he doesn’t make a big deal of it — something that still shows through in Stop Making Sense. Byrne’s in the midst of writing and workshopping new music currently, so expect more of his effortless cool soon, in whatever weird form it may take.

http://flavorwire.com/470690/david-byrne-explains-the-secret-psycho-killer-subtext-of-stop-making-sense-at-lincoln-center

Now I'm going to tag this thread David Byrne, Talking Heads. Anyone want to join me?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:00 pm
Who in their right mind, would want to join MY LADY? Sad
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:05 pm
One of my favourites, and a brilliant video.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:32 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

This is my open forum; not yours. It's YOUR choice whether YOU leave or not.

No dear it's not your forum, you asked a question on the A2K forum. What you have is no control over what anybody wants to post.

Maybe you can get your way with all the whining and whimpering and constant demands on everyone's time and life experience. I'll disagree with Butterfly on one small point. I believe her when she said she was a shy teen, I was also a shy teen. You learn to deal with it. You however are not a shy type, you have no respect for personal boundaries, you are outrageously trying to make this everyone else's ordeal to come up with a plan that you will probably ignore.

I am seriously concerned about you, you seem to be oblivious to how exhausting you are, or you value others so little you feel it's perfectly alright for little miss heart sick to beg then badger others for advice. You need to take several steps back. Not one member on this forum is getting paid for their advice. It's all been offered as a simple act of kindness. You are wearing out your welcome by all this nattering on over a complete stranger you have never met. It's not part of God's plan for you to complete this quest, you are obsessed by this and I fear for your safety. I am as serious as a heart attack when I tell you you're behaving in a reckless manner that could possibly at best embarrass you, or worse cause you grievance.

Please do not send me another PM telling me to F-off. It's a crude and vulgar way to respond to someone who has tried to help you. It doesn't make you seem feisty, it's unladylike.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:05 pm
@glitterbag,
You misinterpret the things I say, because I did not mean to convey it that way. I also did not ask for your rudeness and uncordiality. I was content enough with bnet's responses, there was no reason for you to bring yourself only to speak rudely.

You m'am, do not know of God's plan set for individuals. That is only for Him to know. I doubt you even have a religion. I appreciate your form of advice, but it is not to my liking.

I have already gone ahead and took action, and have reached a point of some accomplishment.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:05 pm
@glitterbag,
What's your favourite Talking Heads vid GB?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:11 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
All I know is I'm not the crazy kid stalking a stranger. No one asked for your looney tunes situation to be posted here either, it's laughable that you view utter frustration from adults as rude. You are the straw that breaks the camels back. Good luck with your stalking Princess pissy pants.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What's your favourite Talking Heads vid GB?

There are many great ones, "life during wartime", "burning down the house", I'm glad Ragman posted the videos. I just pulled out my Talking Heads, Special New Edition Stop Making Sense.....it has all the songs from the movie. Think Im in the mood for a little David Byrne.. Oh, crap, in no way am I suggesting I am trying to track down the actual artist, I'm content to listen to his music.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 07:03 pm
@glitterbag,
This just goes to show how much of an "adult" you supposedly are. I have not stalked, I am human and following my gut. Human nature. I am almost 19 1/2, but if you want to regard me as a kid , go ahead. I will fell young and youthful, unlike some old miserable "adult". Smile
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 07:28 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Do you have a favourite Talking Heads vid?

This is a brilliant collection, interspersed with vox pops from the general public. My favourite is Mr. Musty Odour.
chai2

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 08:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Personally, I like this classic...

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Sounds good.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:06 pm
@chai2,
Oh Chai, I watched your fav, and all the other clips. I really enjoyed Talking Heads, I remember listening to Burning down the House and being put off but the more I listened the more I liked it, I wish I bought tickets to see that show when he was touring.

He has continued to produce unique music, but that "Stop Making Sense" tour was incredibly liberating. Watching him with all the awkward movements, is at first confusing but incredibly intuitive.

0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 12:12 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
It's been 9 months since you started this ridiculous quest. It's way past time to stop obsessing about this man and get on with your life. Concentrate on your friends - you know, those people who's names you actually know, spend time with them and meet a real guy, not one that you have to make up a fantasy life about.

Has it occurred to you that if he was at all interested in you he could have found you?
Below viewing threshold (view)
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:44 am
I don't even know how old this young man is... I did post a conflicting matter about his age that I found out about(not sure if anyone took note of that) not sure if I've been given the incorrect name / person. All I know is where going to reunite, and finish what was started. So I'm not left wondering 'what if' for the rest of my life.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:31:33