Iran nuclear deal signed in Geneva

izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Winning, as you describe it, won't seem quite so important if the ME kicks off.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 02:47 am
http://www.jpost.com/HttpHandlers/ShowImage.ashx?id=294003&h=530&w=758
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 04:48 am
@hawkeye10,
How is that any different from the rhetoric being spouted by your masters on Fox News?

"We welcome no war, nor do we initiate any war," sounds pretty reasonable.

As for the rest, just look at Iraq. If George Bush had listened to the Ayatollah there'd be far fewer dead American servicemen.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 05:12 am
@izzythepush,
If you want to take an American politics angle a much smarter one would be to ask if the Iranians are trying to provoke a negative vote in Congress, and if so why.

And as I have told you many times I dont watch any tv news, and almost never go to the fox news site. I use WP, slate, nyt, BBC, german Dw, Nbc, cnn everyday, and other stuff sometimes.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 05:24 am
@hawkeye10,
You say a lot of things, but you sound like someone who relies on Fox News for their information.

Are conservative Iranian politicians against the deal? Of course they are, just like their counterparts in America.

The Death to America rhetoric is just that, and Khamenei's quotation is more about reassuring the population that they have not surrendered to the Americans.

Iranian and American conservatives both say the deal is bad for their respective countries, but it's really just bad for reactionaries of any nationality.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 05:59 am
@izzythepush,
There are lots of audiences, but it looks to me like the primary audience for this rhetoric are the elite of the region. Iran has long intended to be theprimary power in the region, and standing up big to the usa as we depart the region, even as this deal is being worked on is a part of that. Strength is admired in that part of the world, insulting the already not liked and already leaving usa will be respected by almost everyone, even the Saudis.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:13 am
@hawkeye10,
You keep saying the US is leaving the region, but there's nothing to indicate that these are going anywhere.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/deployment.map/fifth.fleet.gif

Btw, I don't think you fully appreciate the difference between Shia and Sunni.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 05:22 am
@hawkeye10,
Try and see it from their point of view. Two of their neighbours have been invaded by the US...
woiyo

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:45 am
@Olivier5,
Invaded???? Come again??? What did I miss???
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:48 am
@woiyo,
Afghanistan and Iraq. Kinda hard to miss them.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:56 am
@woiyo,
Do you recall Iraq and Afghanistan, by any chance?
woiyo

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 07:47 am
@Olivier5,
Sure. Quite clearly. Neither can be defined as an invasion to a informed and intelligent human being.

But please.....press on....
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 07:56 am
@woiyo,
Quote:
in·va·sion
inˈvāZHən/
noun
noun: invasion; plural noun: invasions

an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.

What part are you missing here? Are you arguing that Iraq and Afghanistan are not countries or regions? Or are you arguing that the US didn't send an armed force into those countries? Of course it was an invasion according to any informed and intelligent human being. Ever hear of the invasion of Normandy during WW2?

If you want to argue the invasion was for defensive purposes or justified in some way that is quite a bit different from stating there was no invasion.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 08:08 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Sure. Quite clearly. Neither can be defined as an invasion to a informed and intelligent human being.

That particular brand of bullshit may go down well in your neck of the woods, but nobody outside dagoodolyooessovay sees it that way, and definitely not in the Moslem world.

If you want to understand how the Iranians think, (and that was Ollie's point,) credit them with some common sense.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 09:15 am
@woiyo,
I don't really need to press on nothing... You offer no argument.
woiyo

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 01:34 pm
@Olivier5,
How can one argue with a false statement. By definition, the US never INVADED either Iraq or Afghanistan. Do you know the actual meaning of INVASION? Apparently you do not.

Definition of INVASION
: an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder

parados

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 01:38 pm
@woiyo,
I posted the actual definition of invasion. You should look at it.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 01:45 pm
@parados,
Obviously your liberal dictionary fails to expand on the meaning. We did not "invade to conquer". Our ATTACK was not for "defensive" purposes either. We attacked Iraqi forces in Kuwait and the attack continued into Iraq. That was not Defensive. We ATTACKED Afghanistan as an offensive tactic after 9-11.

The INVASION of Normandy was to CONQUER and overthrow the German Govt to INVADED France prior.

Nice try, anyway.

Not that this has anything to do with the Nuclear deal, which is an unverifiable joke. Maybe Trump is right. Our negotiators are dummies. They made any deal possible just to say WE MADE A DEAL !!!
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 02:10 pm
@woiyo,
ROFLMAO.
It wasn't an invasion because we were going to leave when it comes to Iraq and Afghanistan. (Forgetting for the moment that we have had troops in both places for 10 years or more.)

So, the US is still occupying Normandy under your argument? (Forgetting for the moment that the US left within 2 years.)

Your argument is idiotic woiyo. Not only do you ignore the actual definition in EVERY dictionary, you then make up your own definition that would mean we didn't invade Normandy because we left faster than we left the places you claim we didn't invade.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 02:13 pm
@woiyo,
It seems even the English language is liberal in your world, woiyo.

Quote:

invasion
[in-vey-zhuh n]

Examples
Word Origin

noun
an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, especially by an army.

Quote:
invasion
noun in·va·sion \in-ˈvā-zhən\
Definition of INVASION
: an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder

Quote:
in·va·sion (ĭn-vā′zhən)
n.
1. The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer.

Quote:
invasion
See definition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Syllabification: in·va·sion
Pronunciation: /inˈvāZHən/
Definition of invasion in English:
noun
1An instance of invading a country or region with an armed force: the Allied invasion of Normandy

Quote:
invasion (ɪnˈveɪʒən Pronunciation for invasion )
Definitions
noun

the act of invading with armed forces
0 Replies