Have The Nazis Taken Over?

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:01 am
Whoah!

I don't know where the conversation is now, but I've just got to stick my two cents in on the original topic (most topics on this forum tend to stray after the first or second post):

Damn it! I am sick and tired of people saying our nation has been over run by Nazis! I'm just sick of it. Thats just to loud and stupid for even me. Come one, have a little faith in your country for crying out loud!
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:50 am
Unknown Man, plenty of faith in the nation. None in those running it.

Eleven more dead American soldiers, so far, today. All of whom would still be alive, but for the politically-biased ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court.

My sympathy goes to the families of the dead and to those of the countless more certain to follow, for so long as the present abominations remain in power.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:52 am
John Webb wrote:
Tarantulas, the answer to your question is obvious. Anyone who approves of theft of the White House using a bought and paid-for Supreme Court or vote-rigging or the invasion of other nations or the bombing of thousands or the theft of their only assets or wholesale assassinations overseas, is most unlikely to support Kerry or Nader. Cool

With such wild stories, I'm surprised you didn't throw in devil worship and black magic into the mix.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 12:48 pm
Tarantulas, "devil worship and black magic"? Rolling Eyes

Do you know something most of us don't?
Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 01:09 pm
I say this as an European and leftish person: what were you thinking when you posted this thread John Webb? OK I do not agree with George W. Bush and his policies concerning the Middle-East, Greenhouse Effect etc...but do you KNOW who Hitler was John?? It is so easy as an American to compare Bush to Hitler, but guess again. Hitler was a massmurderer, who saw one race - the white, "Aryan" race - as the one true race, the only ones who had the right to live in this world because they were "superior" to others. He killed more than 50 million people, millions of them in deathcamps, in POW-camps, as labourers in his Third Reich; he changed Europe and the world forever.

Conclusion: you can NOT compare Bush and his Republicans to Hitler and his Nazi's. It only shows how little you know about this topic.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 01:24 pm
Rick d'Israeli
I believe that most of those comparing Bush to Hitler were either very young or had been born after WW 2 . They most assuredly do not have a full appreciation of the atrocities perpetrated by the Nazis for if they did the compariso would never been made.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 02:44 pm
I agree there are major differences. Bush and his gang do not wear Swastikas and they prefer the mass-murder of Arabs to that of Jews ..... but give them a few more years in power and the similarities will continue to grow.

Already there is the Department of Homeland (Fatherland) Security (better known as the S.S. in Hitler's day) and the first concentration camp outside American legal jurisdiction in Cuba and a so-called Patriot Act giving the right of unlimited detention without trial. Then there are the invasions and approved executions and assassinations of foreign nationals ..... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:34 pm
John Webb: sorry but that's simplistic thinking.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:19 am
edited- double post
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:21 am
This from The Independent today:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=515270

"The Bush administration has been put on the back foot by allegations that senior officials - perhaps even Mr Bush himself - were provided with considerable information warning of an imminent attack by al-Qa'ida and that they failed to act. Mrs Edmonds said yesterday: "What are they are afraid of? If I am not allowed to give evidence, the families will not get the information I have; that will be that."

She said it was wrong for the Bush administration to claim it wanted a full investigation. "If there is transparency, there is going to be accountability and that is what they don't want." "

This shows
The Bush administration knew of the coming attacks.
They knew aircraft were going to be used.
They did nothing to prevent this, and may have hindered investigation procedures.
Why?
Possibly because, they wanted the attacks to take place.
Why? Because then they would have minimal resistance to their plan to attack Iraq.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:08 am
America has a President who approves of the mass-killing of Iraqis by American forces in their own country, the acquisition of their oil reserves and land and the imposition of a puppet-regime answerable only to George W. Bush.

He also approves of the murder by Israelis of any Palestinians they wish and the theft of their lands.

He regards and treats the U.N. as an irrelevance.

If these are not the usual conduct of Nazis, what are they?

Republicans? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

bosworth1485

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:47 am
The US is hardly getting rich by the "acquistion of their oil reserves" We are spending a lot of money in Iraq with little return for it. Some of Iraq's oil wealth should go towards the reconstruction of the country because it is capital investment towards the future. And to those who state we are spending this money to line Halliburton's pockets- I offer this: Due to economies of scale there are very few companies that can mount the logistical effort to needed to recontruct the Iraqi's infrastructure. Name some companies if you think Cheney rigged the system of contracts. Furthermore, last time I checked Saddam and the UN were not very equitable in the distribution of wealth and oil for the Iraqi populace. In response to McTag- yes there were oscure warnings of hijackings and attacks. There are numerous threats made agains the US every day. A failure of the intelligence services and airport security to stop it does not imply inaction or in the extreme complicity. Hope this post is somewhat comprehensible. Regards.
0 Replies

bosworth1485

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:59 am
I also believe that the UN has itself to blame fo its "irrelevance".
The UN, through its continued inaction, has made itself irrelevant. On the 10th Anniversary of the genocide Rwanda comes to mind. Bosnia was also botched. It would have been interesting to see the worldwide reaction to an American military
deployment to quell the Rwandan genocide. I have a lurking suspicion that the Anti-American crowd would have deplored the groping hand of imperialism on the African continent and protested.
On the Israel question, I have sympathy for the Palestinian people and do not agree with all of Israel's tactics. However, I believe that Israel has the right to protect itself as a nation-state against those who would destroy it. I will shed no tears over the deaths of Hamas suicide bomber mastermnds.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:01 am
Yet another tedious ranter wrote:

No
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 12:57 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yet another tedious ranter wrote:

No

Shorter than usual, Set, but none the worse for that.

I'll admit GWB has not yet declared a Thousand-Year Reich, but there are many other disquieting parallels.

Now the British diplomats have come out in agreement with me, and called the war illegal. So I was right after all. I thought so.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 02:18 pm
I do not agree with the Iraq-war (and never will), but come on (again): nazi's? It seems to me - and correct me if I am mistaking - that you have no idea what the nazi's did in Europe John Webb. Making 'parallels' (Hitler massmurdered the Jews, Bush the Arabs according to you) are just a lot of nonsense. I do not see Bush close up Arabs in concentrationcamps (and you will probably start about Guantanomo Bay now, I do not agree with the way Bush is treating these prisoners, but I do not see little children, women and elderly among them, if you know what I mean...), declaring several racial rules concerning marriage, intercourse etc., making plans to deport all Arabs or kill them because they are "America-unworthy" and "a threat for all [white] Americans". I do not see a "My Struggle", where Bush points out the world conspiracy of Arabs against the Western world. I do not see Bush closing up Democrats because of their political views...

And if Bush was a nazi, he wouldn't be campaigning for a re-election. There wouldn't be elections anyway.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 01:40 am
From memory, it seems to me that Hitler's closest pals tortured and abused their prisoners too. Or is this simply more purely coincidental similarities? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 01:52 pm
The nazi's where more than the examples you use here (to "compare" them to Bush and his Republicans), in that way Hitler & his nazi's and Bush (& his Republicans) still can't be compared with eachother.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 02:53 pm
Rick, in spite of the many similarities, I must agree that the Bush administration do not use death camps and gas chambers ..... favoring bombs and bullets instead. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 02:40 pm
Oy, is this discussion useless or what...
0 Replies