Hateful Jews

JTT

Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:20 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
I am not wasting my time on a video;

Of course you won't, Foofie. You are deathly afraid that you'll see and hear things that will cause your secure little delusion to be blown all to rat ****.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:25 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
It doesn't get any better, folks. How come we don't see this on American TV?

Pogrom, concentration camps, Nazis, Kristallnacht all came to mind as I watched further.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Essentially some of every group can be vile.

Watch the video, Sturgis. This is obviously very widespread. You have Bibi, top rabbis, Knesset members, ... all taking part in some terribly ugly things, supporting terribly ugly things.

Quote:
As you say though the thread title sucks.

The thread title is a very accurate description. Watch the video. Osso didn't so why the hell are you quoting her.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:34 pm
This thread was tagged NSFW. It should also be tagged NSFAAICCD.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 03:07 am
@ossobuco,
I understand your reaction if you didn't watch the video.
But if you didn't watch the video, how can you presume to know what I'm talking about?

If you had watched the video, however, you would know that the title isn't inappropriate. It is a video about Jews, in Israel, and their hateful, racist and intolerant attitudes towards "infiltrators", who are actually refugees fleeing various troubles in Africa.

The bit about short memories... I put that in because while watching the video, especially the part where they show us the prison they've built to keep these "infiltrators" in, I had some strong associations to certain camps in Germany during WW2.
Cyracuz

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 03:17 am
I am puzzled as to how a NSFW tag is appropriate for this thread...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 03:41 am
Why do you think white Americans will be at all bothered by the persecution of black Africans? Look how they celebrated the murder of Trayvon Martin.
Setanta

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 04:22 am
You would have done better to entitle this thread "Hateful Israelis," because one cannot reasonably assume that all Jews share this bigotry, nor, for that matter, even all Israelis. However, whether it is entitled hateful Jews or hateful Israelis, it does not necessarily imply that it is all of either group who are hateful. Nevertheless, people are going to jump on this as racist based solely on the title.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 04:56 am
@Setanta,
I agree, but there's no getting away from the fact that more posters seem to be outraged by Cyracuz's use of the word Jews than by the persecution of black migrants.

Many Israel apologists legitimise the persecution of Palestinians by pointing to Palestinian terrorism, but there are no African terrorists in Israel, their only crime is being black and seeking asylum.

One of the film makers, David Sheen is a correspondent for Israeli newspaper Haaretz. I was reminded of Kristalnacht when I saw the footage of right wing Israelis assaulting African migrants, and this was when they knew they were being filmed. How they behave once the camera is off isn't something I'd like to imagine.
Setanta

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 05:58 am
@izzythepush,
Haaretz always has good, very professional and very candid reportage. I'm sure they're a serious thorn in the side of the Zionists.
Cyracuz

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 07:55 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
However, whether it is entitled hateful Jews or hateful Israelis, it does not necessarily imply that it is all of either group who are hateful.

This is how I see it also. If I were to link a video of people doing incredibly stupid things, calling the thread "stupid people", I am pretty sure most people would understand that the title referred to the people in the video, not all people. (There are thousands of such videos on the internet of people trying the most idiotic things out of boredom.)

Cyracuz

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
there's no getting away from the fact that more posters seem to be outraged by Cyracuz's use of the word Jews than by the persecution of black migrants.

This is true. It is also quite funny. A lot of people in this thread just went straight into attack mode, not even bothering to check the video to see what the title was actually a reference to.

But I say again: The video features some Jews that display hateful, racist and intolerant behavior towards immigrants, or infiltrators as they call them, and also towards other Jews who don't share this hateful outlook.

Specifically I am referring to the part of the video in which the mob turns on a woman who speaks out against it, only to have the mob surge on her saying things like: "Who are you married to? A nigger?" And "may you get raped. Amen."
There just is no excuse for behavior like that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 08:15 am
@Cyracuz,
When discussing Israel it's always best to choose your words carefully. A lot of Israel apologists call all legitimate criticism of Israel anti-Semitic. That's so they don't have engage with what's going on over there. A better thread title would be "Racism in Israel." Those people will still call you anti-Semitic, but they'll find it harder to go off on tangents.
JTT

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 09:21 am
@Setanta,
Have you got your confusion all sorted out, Set? The thread title describes perfectly that which the video describes.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 09:30 am
@Cyracuz,
Do you know that Palestinians have more rights in Israel than they do in Muslim countries.
Looks like you have done zero research.
And African immigrants are not above the law. And Israel has a bad habit of enforcing their laws.
The country is a role model for equal rights through rule of law.
coldjoint

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
How do you feel about Islamophobe for anyone who decides to tell the truth about Islam?
0 Replies

JTT

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 09:46 am
@coldjoint,
Remember the St Louis.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 09:54 am
@coldjoint,
I've done plenty of research. Israel is an apartheid nation. The occupation is brutal. You're clearly not at all interested in the truth or you wouldn't be trying to legitimise the occupation.

Where in the film does is claim African immigrants are above the law? There are international laws that govern the treatment of asylum seekers and Israel is certainly flouting those.

As pointed out, as one of the film makers works for Haaretz, this has been brought to the World's attention by Israelis, concerned about their country's blatant disregard for human rights.
coldjoint

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 10:00 am
@izzythepush,
It doesn't look like to me. And Israel is occupying nothing but Israel. In fact territories that are disputed cannot be occupied.

Also Israel is a sovereign nation. Recognized by every nation in the world.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 10:11 am
@coldjoint,
I think Timur put it best.

Quote:
You just arrived on this forum and have already uttered a lot of racist crap.

Israel is illegally occupying the West Bank and blockading the Gaza Strip. Fact. Any bullshit claims you make ignore international law.