Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
the problem is deeper, very little gets done by regular order, what little does get done is by special ad-hock procedure.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ben Stein was on Craig Ferguson lst night (I usully dimiss much of what he says because hes always spouting about "junk science" in evolution. However, he was preaching about how the Teabaggers are killing this country and are in quick need of deposing by election
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:01 pm
@farmerman,
Most people of some intelligence can see and observe what the Tea Baggers are doing to our country, but many believe in what they are doing and will vote them back in.

TNCFS
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Most people of some intelligence can see and observe what the Tea Baggers are doing to our country, but many believe in what they are doing and will vote them back in.

TNCFS

the widespread assumption that those who dont agree with us can and should be ignored is 98% of the problem. it is you, and people like, who who most ail america
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

TNCFS

I work in a county dominated by Republicans...and I work with a workforce of especially conservative people.

It is amazing how naive they really are.

They buy into the Tea Party simplistic solutions...and extortion tactics. FOX News...their primary (often sole) contact with American politics...tells them they should. So they do.

They are intelligent, reasonable, decent people...until the "us" versus "them" thing comes into play...and then they are followers and fools.

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think you are right. They buy into the 'American Way' rhetoric and are quick to agree when told who to blame. The wealthy know how to influence people.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:26 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I think you are right. They buy into the 'American Way' rhetoric and are quick to agree when told who to blame. The wealthy know how to influence people.

Yup.

It upsets me in weird ways at times. These people are close friends...people I love. But they often are so far off base...it seems they almost have to try to be wrong in order to be as off base as they are.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:32 pm
@IRFRANK,
Did you hear that lady interviewed on tv who was asked which she liked better? It was between ObamaCare and the Affordable Care Act. She chose Affordable Care Act - because it doesn't have more restrictions.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's natural for people to see the world as us vs. them. As I've said before, we humans are competitive. I think many politicians use this tendency to make the other guy the enemy. They use this to gain on their own behalf. Sometimes they think for the right reasons, sometimes out of just greed.

The tea party has identified many groups as the enemy and are waging a war against them, thinking they are being hurt somehow or these groups have some kind of unfair advantage. Meanwhile they live high off the hog in a country with a very high standard of living.

They also see the president as representing those 'enemy' groups and not them.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't know how he managed to get the Speaker by the short ones, but then again Boehner seems to believe if he doesn't do anything he can't make a mistake.

Even before Ted Cruz entered the arena, Boehner was on shaky ground because of the Tea Party crowd who had threatened him with the loss of the speakership if he did not toe the line. In 2010 Boehner was narrowly reelected as Speaker by just 3 votes. John Boehner is frightened of losing his job and is reminded of this daily by the right-winger extremists, aka, the tea Party; the Speaker has expediently placed his career above what is ethically right for the American people. His reasoning might be impaired, possibly, by too much strong alcohol, and this has weakened him so that he cries easily in public and is a foil for the likes of Cruz who bullies him with his harsh overt aggressiveness.

Speaker Boehner, under normal circumstances, is a genial type personality but in the present environment, he is an impotent leader, unfit for the position he's barely holding on to; in today's bitterly polarized climate between the parties, he seems led by the nose by the Tea Party. But to be fair, any GOP leader might fail with the Tea Party calling the shots.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Did you hear that lady interviewed on tv who was asked which she liked better? It was between ObamaCare and the Affordable Care Act. She chose Affordable Care Act - because it doesn't have more restrictions.

I thought they were the same thing? Or is that your point?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:44 pm
@IRFRANK,
That is the point. Many people who vote in our elections are that ignorant. They're just too lazy to know the difference.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:45 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
the Speaker has expediently placed his career above what is ethically right for the American people.

Many in congress have this problem. I would include their own financial position.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Many people don't like Obama. They don't need a reason, or they won't admit it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:46 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Boehner's job is more important the millions of Americans who now suffer from his inability to do anything constructive for this country.

His ego is the biggest enemy of our nation.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:25 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:

Many in congress have this problem. I would include their own financial position.

I do not deny that Irfrank, but John A. Boehner is suppose to be a leader.... the Speaker of the House of Representative is second in the United States presidential line of succession, after the Vice President and ahead of the President pro tempore of the U.S. Senate; one should certainly be able to expect more from one in such an exalted position.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:39 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
He not only demeans the position for now, but also into the future. His ego is his worst enemy; he doesn't know how to sacrifice for this country and the American people.

He's all rhetoric without any basis in reality. He continues to claim Obama will not negotiate without admitting they're the ones not negotiating to compromise on the fundamentals of governance. ObamaCare is already the law of the land, and they continue their efforts to defund it.

Dorks as leaders; what a waste. They prefer hurting Americans rather than using common sense.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:40 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:

I thought they were the same thing? Or is that your point?

You might want to watch this, Frank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
Good point.

I get the idea that people won't read it, and that no or yes votes may be for the add ons or the main question. Agree with butrflynet re single issue.
Still, a simply accessed list - and there may be one I've no idea about - seems a good plan about now.
Surely there is already a congressional set of lists; I suppose I should look.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Dorks as leaders; what a waste. They prefer hurting Americans rather than using common sense.

Could not agree more, CI. Boehner is a waste of energy and should be stripped of his position. The Tea Party is just waiting for the nervously strained speaker to fail to cooperate even if the Speaker's stance resembles that of a puppet in a clown show.