Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

"The globalized economy has world powers chained to America's fate: a US debt default could have caused mayhem across the planet."

How very true, CI. Most of the world is invested in the US in so many ways. If we fail, there is a ripple across most nations and it will be a financial world catastrophe. Even top global bankers were warning of the default effect.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:05 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Let's also not forget that President Kennedy was assasinated by a former Marine who was a self-professed communist and defected to the Soviet Union. (Jarhead communists are the worst!)

Everyone believes that.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:19 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Let's also not forget that President Kennedy was assasinated by a former Marine who was a self-professed communist and defected to the Soviet Union. (Jarhead communists are the worst!)

Everyone believes that.

Fifty years ago. Why not go back to the French and Indian War for examples?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:29 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I think he is a right of center politician and I wish he were more liberal than he is.

Barack Obama is not a right of center President. A right of center politician would not have done a drastic overhaul of our health care system. Obama introduced the Affordable Health Care law of the land so people would not go bankrupt in case of an illness, and those Americans with pre-existent health problems will always be able to get insurance to cover such. A significant number of Americans desired the "single pair" coverage but that bill would not have made it through the congress. All in all the Affordable Health Care Act is a step up and a godsend for so many Americans. A right-of-center president would have been more like Mitt Romney who said the first thing he would do on becoming president was to "repeal OamaCare" and refer to 47% of Americans as parasites.

Obama is a practical president and more moderate than liberal.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:33 am
@Moment-in-Time,
People like hawk are too ignorant to understand the economic impact of the idiots like Cruz who believes his goal to repeal ObamaCare is worth a world chaos. hawk suffers from the same simple-mindedness of "but Cruz is satisfying his constituents" idiocy.

TNCFS; the Cruz and hawks of this country are too many!
RABEL222

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 11:00 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Yes. He did try to redo the health care system. Good job. Now how about the spying thing and the Afgan thing and the Iran thing. He isent that much different than bush in his policies. Like most politicians he promises us what we want to hear but dosent produce much of what he promised. I will grant you he dosent get any help from the conservatives but he caves in too easily to them which makes me think he dosent disagree with many of their stances. How ever I will agree to disagree with your stand, believe what you want, its your right.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 11:14 am
@RABEL222,
The only way to "redo the health care system" is by winning the presidency and both houses of congress. Blackmail should not work in politics; it's supposed to be a place where they negotiate what is called "compromises." Blackmail should never work.

What Cruz offered was to "allow" some parts of the freeze to repeal ObamaCare. Our politicians are too stupid to understand how Washington "should work." Cruz called that "negotiating." He's totally ignorant! His position was blackmail. "I'll give you .10c if you repeal WHAT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY CONGRESS, THE PRESIDENT, AND SCOTUS."

That's beyond stupid! Our country has no hope, because there are too many in this country who believes Cruz is right.

TNCFS
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 11:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

TNCFS; the Cruz and hawks of this country are too many!

The threat of the debt default was a destructive one and Ted Cruz is an agitator out of the same mold as Sarah Palen, a two-bit rabbel-rouser. (Remember during one of Palin's tirades where she drew an x over the name of one congress individual, Gabrielle Giffords, whom she was targeting? That Congresswoman was later shot in the head....thankfully it wasn't fatal.)

One veteran on the mall during the government shut-down watched Ted Cruz and no-nothing Sarah Palin deliberately distort the situation, spouting how President Obama is the cause of the shut-down where veterans who fought for this country could not access the monuments. One of Cruz and Palen's supporter was holding a confederate flag. The action of these two instigators is perniciously harmful to the image of America. Society is changing all around them and it's about time they stopped trying to hold back the tide. The Veteran onlooker said Cruz was damaging the cause of Veterans and his group had not invited the incendiary Palin and the Texan to speak there.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 11:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The only way to "redo the health care system" is by winning the presidency and both houses of congress. Blackmail should not work in politics; it's supposed to be a place where they negotiate what is called "compromises." Blackmail should never work.
blackmail is a standard part of American politics, for instance when the powerful in congress attach totally unrelated spending and/or law to "must pass" bills daring everyone to deny them. Omama said that he had to have a clean CR and debt limit raise, but he did not get it, this bill included $1.9 billion for a water project.

Obama's demand that blackmail cant be allowed to work is theater. some people are more stupid than others though, some people bought the act.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 11:59 am
@Moment-in-Time,
What is so interesting about GOP politics is that small and large businesses support this party over the liberals, and the GOP are the ones destroying our economy (actually the world economy that impacts all international companies).

TNCFS - even businesses support the destruction of our economy. People outside the US understand much more about how the US economy impacts the world's. They are wondering why we are so ready to destroy everybody's economies to win one issue; defunding ObamaCare.

I see this replayed again and again, until they succeed in a world depression.

Everybody ends up losing; even those idiots who believe they are fighting principles.

Al Quida and the Taliban must be celebrating; we're imploding all by ourselves.

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 12:14 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Now how about the spying thing and the Afgan thing and the Iran thing

The NSA spying thing is not Obama's baby....NSA became very prominently active after 9/11. Obama did not dismantle the system but kept it going as it appears it has its good points; I did hear it helped capture Bin Ladin and a couple of other top al-Qaeda operatives. But I'm not that familiar with this "spying on Americans" technique that seem to get others so angry and unsettled. My anger at Snowden remains in the minority; his stealing classified information and disseminating same everywhere, damaged relationships with some allies and America's image. I believe in loyalty to one's country, one's land of birth, and to steal confidential classified secrets and run to China and later Russia, is in my personal opinion, a thief on the run.

What about Afghanistan? Are we not pulling out all American troops by 2014?

As for Iran, I think it a good thing that some sanctions are about to be lifted regarding Iran. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani appear to be the opposite of Adhmadinejad and his words are not imflamatory towards the west or Israel; in fact, he sent "Greetings of Happy Passover" to our Jewish citizens.

What appear to be your problem with Obama's stance towards Iran and Afghanistan, Rabel?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 12:27 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
As for Iran, I think it a good thing that some sanctions are about to be lifted regarding Iran

Opps, my bad. According to my husband the US and Iran have yet to reach agreement on Iran's nuclear capability and or dismantling such, but talk of lifting sanctions is an incentive for Iran to act in good faith.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 12:41 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I believe the UN inspectors are there to investigate their WMD program, and until they give their green light, we need to wait. I'm sure our government is keeping close tabs on the events now happening in Iran.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 02:47 pm
Quote:

Nevertheless, "he's gambling that he can" make a serious White House bid, said McManus. He's betting on the chance "that Obamacare is going to ruin the American economy, and he will be able to say 'I told you so'.

Susan McManus, a political scientist at the University of South Florida.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-shutdown-leader-ted-cruz-conservative-rock-star-153601808.html

those following along in class know that I believe thus was the purpose of the last month of drama.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 02:52 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:
As for Iran, I think it a good thing that some sanctions are about to be lifted regarding Iran

Opps, my bad. According to my husband the US and Iran have yet to reach agreement on Iran's nuclear capability and or dismantling such, but talk of lifting sanctions is an incentive for Iran to act in good faith.

There seems to be lots of talk lately about a middle path...one that actually does not go to the lifting of sanctions at all for a while.

The plan is to use "giving the Iranians their own money" as an incentive...by releasing accounts that have been impounded around the world by pressure exerted by the United States.

This way...sanctions will not actually be lifted...but there is benefit to Iran (they need the money desperately) to continue down the path to give up centrifuges and stop enrichment and so forth.

Let's all hope this works...that the nuclear threat ends and that we soon move on to lifting sanctions.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 02:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Let's all hope this works...that the nuclear threat ends and that we soon move on to lifting sanctions.

cause it sure worked with North Korea. the only place it ever worked was Libya, and Qaddafi sure lived long enough to regret that (had he nuclear the West would have never attacked him , because he would have threatened nuclear terrorism and we would have believed that he would do it) . In the future no country is ever going to negotiate away nuclear weapons, because once they get them they will have enormous new powers, and once they give them up they will have nothing, just look at how few brownie points forgoing nuclear got Qaddafi.

Iran is stalling because they need a few more years. I am sure they have learned well from North Korea how to get that done.

edit: the cowboys leaders of the West had their fun sticking a knife into Qaddafi, but it is unlikely that even now they understand the long negative ramifications of their joy ride in search of immediate political benefit, not that it worked mind you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 03:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

cause it sure worked with North Korea. the only place it ever worked was Libya, and Qaddafi sure lived long enough to regret that (had he nuclear the West would have never attacked him , because he would have threatened nuclear terrorism and we would have believed that he would do it) . In the future no country is ever going to negotiate away nuclear weapons, because once they get them they will have enormous new powers, and once they give them up they will have nothing, just look at how few brownie points forgoing nuclear got Qaddafi.

Iran is stalling because they need a few more years. I am sure they have learned well from North Korea how to get that done.

Despite your very pessimistic views, I still hope the idea works; that Iran gives up any hopes they may have to become a nuclear nation; and that the sanctions are lifted.

I would hate to see this become another Cuba length sanction attempt.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 03:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I would hate to see this become another Cuba length sanction attempt.

we could always follow the Iraq example of what to do after sanctions fail and invade.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
You must also be ignoring glitterbag who prompted my comment.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:06 pm
@izzythepush,
And well they should.