Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 10:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

MiT...56% to 43% doesn't seem like a slim margin to me.

A couple of months ago, Corey Booker had a 26 pt gap over Lonegan who barely registered on the scale. So when this precipitous drop in poll ratings revealed just a mere 10pt lead for Booker, it was alarming and the media took notice. Everyone had taken for granted Booker with his wide lead over the radical right-winger would walk away with this senatorial post. The media sent out disquieting signals after this steep drop, because in a Blue State, the Lonegan types rarely get traction.

Booker must defend this seat in 2014; I am curious as to how he will do against a New Jersey Democratic challenger with the same ideological views as most New Jerseyans.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

MiT...56% to 43% doesn't seem like a slim margin to me.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear in my earlier post. A few months ago, Steve Lonegan was at a mere 29 points compared to Newark Mayor Cory Booker 56%. Everyone took it for granted Booker would keep his wide lead and run away in a landslide against the extremist Republican. When last week's polls showed a precipitous drop for Booker with only a 10pt lead, shock waves went through the media; the reason being New Jersey is a Blue State and there is no place for the Tea Party types here. As the votes began to trickle in last night Booker began to lose a couple more pts, but he did manage to get it back with 53% compared to Lonegan's 44%.

The above is what I meant when I said "a slim lead" when it wasn't expected Lonegan would barely get anything.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:08 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Nut'n wrong with your perception when you're rooting for one side and see the margin grow smaller. All of us have our own subjective perception of events, and yours is no different.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Nut'n wrong with your perception when you're rooting for one side and see the margin grow smaller. All of us have our own subjective perception of events, and yours is no different.

Ah, thank you for understanding where I'm coming from, CI. One hate to be thought a fool in the face of what is perceived as reality. Since Mayor Booker's run for the late Lautenberg's senate seat, he has consistently been far out in front of the Republican right-winger Lonegan. So the past week has been slightly disappointing at the steep drop from being a clear-cut front runner to seeing the rise of the right-winger in a blue state. I looked at the NJ senatorial race this way, had Booker continued to lose points and Lonegan proceeded to gain points, then there was this possibility New Jersey would have had its first Tea Party US senator.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:18 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Back to the subject of this thread.
According latest estimates, our country lost $18 billion in economic activity from the GOP hostage taking of our government.

That includes loss of jobs, income, and tax revenues.

They have become the 'DESTROY AMERICA AT ANY COST' party.

With the electorate still confused about the damage they have perpetuated against all Americans, how many more terms are the American people going to continue to vote them back into office?

And, you know what? I don't care. Let them destroy this country; Americans are the ones at fault. I have no control over that.

I'm not going to worry about the stupidity of the American voters from now on.

TNCFS

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
we are addicted to borrowing money and we refuse to deal with the problem. It will not be till after we get into a 12 step program and start to get better that we appreciate and reward those who ran the intervention.

the Tea Party is using tools of democracy to make us aware and uncomfortable with our problem, which is a good thing. if America does not like the intervention process then end the addiction.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
My addiction? You're out of your freak'n mind! I have absolutely nothing to do with congress or this administration. Zero, nada, zilch.

I don't have any influence in how they perform their duties. NONE.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

My addiction? You're out of your freak'n mind! I have absolutely nothing to do with congress or this administration. Zero, nada, zilch.

the question is how responsible are you for the addiction? how many times have you wanted/demanded that government fund a program even though there were not enough tax dollars to fund it? how many times have you voted for people who have a history of passing financially irresponsible budgets and laws? ( since you live in California we know that the answer is "gobs")
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

the question is how responsible are you for the addiction? how many times have you wanted/demanded that government fund a program even though there were not enough tax dollars to fund it? how many times have you voted for people who have a history of passing financially irresponsible budgets and laws? ( since you live in California we know that the answer is "gobs")

There is plenty of money to fund the safety net programs that seem to bother you so much, Hawk.

PLENTY OF IT!

Much of it sits in homes (sometimes vaults) in the form of paintings a statues that nobody can see...but some rich person wants to own. It sits in multiple mega homes all over the world. It sits with the 1% who want so much of the pie...they have to hypnotize people like you into thinking the money is not available...so they can keep it like a kid refusing to share toys.

"Not tax dollars enough to fund" is a concept conservative masters have sold to conservative slaves. and stooges.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
under that theory I should be able to spend as much as I want because someone somewhere has money. nope,that does not work in real life. if the people want the government to spend money then they need to find away to get money into the hands of the government. "charge the bill to the kids" is not one of the choices, it is morally reprehensible.

edit: re CI's constant whining "but the economy will suffer!", picture if you will a heroin addict contemplating stopping taking heroin. ya, it is going to suck, but not stopping will eventually hurt us even more. CI is the addict in the act of justifying not stopping. he is an idiot.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

under that theory I should be able to spend as much as I want because someone somewhere has money. nope,that does not work in real life. if the people want the government to spend money then they need to find away to get money into the hands of the government. "charge the bill to the kids" is not one of the choices, it is morally reprehensible.

edit: re CI's constant whining "but the economy will suffer!", picture if you will a heroin addict contemplating stopping taking heroin. ya, it is going to suck, but not stopping will eventually hurt us even more. CI is the addict in the act of justifying not stopping. he is an idiot.

Bizarre reading of what I wrote, Hawk...but I understand you are devoted to following the conservative line.

Nobody should be in want in a country as rich as ours. Many of our poorest...have helped many of our richest get rich.

Scorn the safety nets it you will. No harm comes to you by doing that.

And if you are lucky enough never to need a helping hand...fine.

But for anyone who thinks the idea of safety net programs make sense...NEVER EVER CAST A VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN AGAIN.

The Democrats may not be doing all that should be done...but the Republicans are pissing on the poor.

(I am a registered Independent!)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
richness is measured by net worth, you take the assets and subtract from that number the debts. the idea that America is a rich nation is a fabrication spread around by the delusional mostly. and the debt numbers we use are not even the real numbers because the bosses refuse to be honest about how much promises made will cost eventually.

no we are not a rich nation, we are a bankrupt nation through and through.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

richness is measured by net worth, you take the assets and subtract from that number the debts. the idea that America is a rich nation is a fabrication spread around by the delusional mostly. and the debt numbers we use are not even the real numbers because the bosses refuse to be honest about how much promises made will cost eventually.

Oh. Bummer!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:34 pm
Children feel comforted by the notion that there is a bogeyman responsible for all that is "bad" in the world.

Progressives > Bogeyman = Ted Cruz
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
If the debt numbers are fabricated, how do you arrive at your
Quote:

Did you ever study Logic 101?

If the numbers are fabricated, what numbers do you have to support your contention about our country is in bankruptcy?

The GOP almost made our country fail to pay on our debts, but the US has never failed to pay its bills. What's your definition of bankruptcy?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
because you agree with me that the pension liabilty numbers are mistated feloniously.

BTW the California pension deception has taken place primarily under D rule....ooops, there goes your argument that we should direct our pissing towards the R's only!
RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where in the hell do you get your numbers? Do you just pull them out of your ass? The U S of A economy is one of the richest in the world. What an asshole like you dosent realize that what is wrong with our economy is the fact that the top 10 % of the population has 90% of the wealth while the bottom 90% has 10% of the wealth. Its stupid pricks like you who perpetuate this inequality by electing the same people into office year after year and allow yourselves to be brain washed by the Koch clones and fax news.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 04:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Pension liability does not equate to the US government being in bankruptcy.

Your lack of common sense destroys your own credibility.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 04:18 pm
@RABEL222,
I am the one who has gone on rants about American class inequality and who has lamented that globalization and the resulting free flow of capital makes it almost impossible to do anything about it. class war already happened. the 99% lost.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 04:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Actually, that number is closer to 90%. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question Idea