Shooting at Washington Shipyard

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:59 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

A BB gun is not a handgun in the US at least!!!!!!!

Why is it called a BB GUN?
It still kills people.

Quote:
Authorities say a 10-year-old Florida boy shot in the head with a BB gun last week died from his injuries Wednesday night.

http://www.inquisitr.com/582932/bb-gun-death-florida-skyler-richardson-dies-video/
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:02 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
A BB gun is not a handgun in the US at least!!!!!!!
After a complain by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission it is .... a gun. ("Dated this 30th day of October 2001")
Not a handgun. But I never said/wrote it was one.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Golly, can a nut without a gun shoot people with a loaded finger? Dayum. Gives a new meaning to "Majik Fingers"

A man without a gun can however killed/harm hundreds and all you need is a pressure cooker and match heads, battery and light bulb.

An two out of the three guns used in the Navy shooting was provide by the security guards.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:06 pm
@farmerman,
I admitted that I was wrong on the gun sales, I guess you didn't read my full post.

I guess we need to strengthen the mental health reporting rules. Gun control isn't going to do it unless you get rid of all the guns, and you know that isn't going to happen. DC vs. Heller kind of ended that idea.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why is it called a BB GUN?
It still kills people.

Kill people!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if you shot someone directly in the eye at point blank range it might be possible however I had never read of a case of a human being killed in the US with a BB gun. I guess it might had happen but if so it would be a completely off the wall happening

In fact a father in Miami somehow end up shooting a few months old baby in Miami in the face near the baby eye in Miami and as of last report the baby will be fine.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:13 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I had never read of a case of a human being killed in the US with a BB gun.

So you couldn't follow my link. That's hardly surprising. What's less surprising is that you don't think a 10 year old boy from Florida is a human being or an American.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
After doing a google search found that there had been deaths due to BB guns!!!!!

I am amazed as those guns are not consider weapons and teenagers are routinely given such "guns".

I guess you can be killed by almost anything if you are unlucky.

But then I had a hunting bow able to bring down a deer or a human at over a hundred yards myself as a teenager.

With razor sharp hunting arrows a human would bleed out in minutes if hit by such a arrow.

Of course I never would have dream of shooting the arrows anywhere near someone else.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:17 pm
@izzythepush,
If you want to highlight the exception instead of the rule be my guest. Based on that assumption, abortions should be better regulated because of Dr. Kermit Gosnell. After all if it only saves one life, then it is worth it!
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Any idiot or nutjob can settle his gripes in a non thinking criminal way by just getting a gun at his nearest grocery store and blowing away his "enemies"

If you want, you can quoteme but please don't try to paraphrase because apparently your reading comprehension suffers a good bit.
Now tell me where I was in error? Hmmmmm?

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Footnote I would not suggest anyone try to used a BB gun as a real weapon as the likelihood is 99.99 percent or more that you will just annoy your target and get him mad at you.

It is not a killing device except for birds and rats.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
they didn't start doing real food until the last decade or so. Then you have to go to a Walmart Super Center to get the grocery side.
You must not live in the US for Walmart has sold groceries for several decades. Supercenters and "Sam's Clubs" have been around since the 80's

Walmart will sell you anything if theres a perceived market. Pa is big hunting country so, long guns AND pistols are sold therein and any nut job can settle his problems by going into his grocery store and buying a gun.
In Maryland its the other way around, big gun stores sell groceries
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Hardly an exception.

Quote:
On Friday, a 6-year-old girl died after her brother shot her in the throat with a round from a pellet gun. Peachtree City police ruled the shooting an accident and on Tuesday released the report on the incident.

http://www.examiner.com/article/brother-s-deadly-shooting-of-girl-6-highlights-dangers-of-pellet-guns

Quote:
An Atlanta father accused of killing his 18-month-old son with a BB gun waived his first court appearance Saturday morning, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Jessie L. Sellers, 23, is being charged with felony murder and second-degree child cruelty in connection with the death of Jesstin Sellers, and is being held without bond in the Fulton County Jail. The child died after apparently being shot in the chest with a BB gun.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/cops-baby-struggling-to-survive-after-being-shot-w/nZhGB/

Quote:
EVERETT, Wash. - A Lynnwood woman has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of a man shot with a powerful BB gun.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Lynnwood-woman-charged-with-BB-gun-murder-203924691.html

That enough for you?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:50 pm
@farmerman,
When I worked at the only Walmart in Southern Cali (San Diego) back in the mid 90's. The stores in Cali weren't selling groceries. In fact I hadn't seen one sell groceries until Lakewood CO had the first Super Center in Denver area open up. Since then they all now sell groceries.

Do you have to pass a background check at those Walmarts?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Hardly an exception.

Yes it is in a nation of 300 millions with millions of BB guns it is an exception as they are not real weapons that you can depend on doing anything more then annoy the person they hit.

Here are other unlikely way to died.

Quote:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2563273/posts

Roseville Boy Dies In Slingshot Accident (MN)
Roseville Boy Dies In Slingshot Accident (MN) kstp ^ | 8-2-10 ... This sounds like the death of the first Confederate during the War of Northern ... The bullet did not penetrate but the trauma caused his heart to stop beating.

Deaths by nail guns

Quote:
Durham, NC: The good news is that nail gun injuries amongst contractors, carpenters and other skilled and qualified laborers are on the decline. The bad news is that high-powered nail guns are increasingly available and used by home handymen and so-called "weekend warriors" looking for a faster and
lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/nailgun/nail-gun-injury-accide... More from lawyersandsettlements.com

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 02:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Unless you can uncover 100 of these, they are the exception and not the rule. Do we ban BB guns now?
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 03:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Do we ban BB guns now?

In the past, there was air guns that was real weapons shooting large caliber rounds and even used as military weapons but as far as I know no such had been manufacture for a hundred plus years.

Need to google it as having such a weapon would be a wonderful to bring to the gun range as a conversation starter.

Oh there was a sherlock holmes story dealing with a murder by such a weapon.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 04:21 pm
@BillRM,
http://www.topairgun.com/files/2019619/uploaded/GirandoniPageImage2.jpg

Quote:

http://www.topairgun.com/girandoni

The Lewis & Clark Girandoni Air Rifle
Many people that I talk to about air guns have the impression that most air rifles and air pistols shoot small caliber pellets or even BBs. They are amazed to learn that there are air rifles known as big bore air rifles that are capable of taking down large animals such as a deer and that these air rifles have the ability to shoot heavy pellets such as 9mm, .45 and even .50 caliber with authoritative results.

Given modern technology, many people think that the big bore air rifle is something new. However, from 1790 to 1815, the Austrian Army used a 22-shot .46 caliber repeating air rifle known as the Girandoni air rifle because unlike single shot gun powder muskets there was no smoke to be seen and very little noise to be heard. Soldiers had to be specially trained and hand pumping the air reservoir 1500 times to a working pressure of 800 psi finally gave way to newly developed repeating gun powder air rifles that were arriving on the scene.

Consensus has it that the Girandoni air rifle was carried by Lewis and Clark on their famous expedition in 1803 to 1806. In fact, two accomplished Pennsylvania gun maker historians recently succeeded in producing four working reproductions of an original Girandoni air rifle as shown by the American Rifleman videos below. One was given to the donor of the original, two were kept by the gun makers for demonstration purposes and one was sold to a friend for $34,000. When I asked if they were going to produce more of the Girandoni air rifles, I was told by one of the gun makers that they were off to other new projects. However, I was also told that if a manufacturer wanted to start producing Girandoni replicas that one of theirs could be available for copying by that manufacturer.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 04:55 pm
@Baldimo,
So five dead kids isn't enough for you?
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 06:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
So five dead kids isn't enough for you?

Not with tens of thousands of kids and others hit with a BB round with little or no serous harm done every year.

A BB gun is not a deadly weapon for a human even if it everything being inline it could or have killed someone.

It is normally given to young teenagers to teach them gun safety due to the very fact that you do not wish to get hit by it but it is very very very unlikely to do serous harm let alone kill someone.

I myself needed to hit a large rat my cats have corner two times at point blank range to killed it with a BB handgun.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 06:55 pm
@BillRM,
This is one of the worst case kind of accident below that is likely to occur with a BB gun and even with a three month old baby it is not a deadly weapon,

It is not design to be a human killer or a killer of anything over the size of a rat or a bird.

Hitting an adult human with it is just going to be making him mad.

Quote:
HIALEAH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A 3-month-old little girl is recovering at the hospital after she was accidentally shot with a BB gun near her eye.
The victim's parents arrived around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday at Palmetto General Hospital after their 3-month-old baby was accidentally shot.
Hialeah Crime Scene Investigators reviewed everything the young parents told police.
Rescuers airlifted the little girl from Palmetto General to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Her parents stayed behind as police questioned them. "Doctors felt it was necessary for the child to be transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital," said Hialeah Police Sgt. Eddie Rodriguez.
Hialeah Police said the father placed his BB gun down on a table inside their home in the Lago Grande community. The father said the gun accidentally went off and hit the little girl above the eye. "Once the parents arrived at the hospital, there was already an off-duty officer there that saw the child's injury. Some of the people that worked at the hospital thought it was necessary for a police to pass by and conduct an investigation," said Rodriguez.
Police said it was an accident, and the young couple panicked. The parents will not be charged.
The Department of Children and Families is investigating this case as part of standard protocol when a child is injured in any situation.
The child is expected to be OK.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21011672019069/infant-hospitalized-after-accidentally-hit-with-bb-gun/#ixzz2fOD1pT4Y
0 Replies