Shooting at Washington Shipyard

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 07:46 am
@revelette,
Countries like England Ireland, Canada, Australia etc have waaaay less gun deaths pr year than US. What is the distinguishing thing between us and them?

Well, Isd venture to say that its only the easy availability of guns in the US, nothing more complicated than that. Any idiot or nutjob can settle his gripes in a non thinking criminal way by just getting a gun at his nearest grocery store and blowing away his "enemies"

I think its gonna take several generations but we will ultimately come to realize that the NRA cannot dictate our humanity
revelette

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 08:01 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think its gonna take several generations but we will ultimately come to realize that the NRA cannot dictate our humanity

Wish I could see it, but here is hoping you are right.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 08:08 am
@farmerman,
An except for the problem of black young men killing other black young men in incredible numbers fuel by the so call war on drug our homicide rate is similar to those other nations.

Our suicide rate is lower then France with far few guns and the almost completely gun free Japan have double our suicide rate.

A US homicide rate that is at a fifty years low repeat a fifty years low and that had been dropping year after year for two or more decades.

The naval yard shooter first got two out of three of his weapons from the security guards and was carrying a plain shotgun.

I am all for granting help and even have outreach for people with mental health issues such as the shooter instead doing what the navy did and got rid of him.

You solution is indeed simple as in simple minded at least in my opinion.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 08:12 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Wish I could see it, but here is hoping you are right.

Given our falling homicide rate a tend dating back to the 1980s in a few generations it will not be an issue most likely.

With special note if we do stop the war on drug and treat the drug problem both legal and illegal drug problem mainly as a public health matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 08:24 am
Now that Bill has sunk his idiot meat hooks in it, this thread is f*cked.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 08:40 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Now that Bill has sunk his idiot meat hooks in it, this thread is f*cked.

Facts are killers are they not such as our homicide rate is at a fifty year low, or our suicide rate is similar to nations with far fewer guns or the navy yard shooter two out of three firearms was seized on site.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 09:02 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Facts are killers are they not such as our homicide rate is at a fifty year low.....

Your homicide figures are appalling, and every nutjob who thinks otherwise should be made to attend classes where they can learn to read, write and interpret data properly. It's morons like you who give Americans such a bad reputation around the world.
You, and idiots like you, seem to have no shame. You also seem to be programmed to never, ever, ever listen. Or, god forbid, read any evidence that may weaken your stance on something.
America should have a National Moron Day, where you all meet up in Alaska on the coldest day and stand around, licking lampposts.

I think you're even more idiotic than Gunga, and I thought I'd never meet someone who would fit that bill, Bill.
Well done.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 09:22 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Your homicide figures are appalling,

Our homicide rate once more is at a fifty years low and almost at a hundred year low for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!

An been trending down since the 1980s when it was double what it is now.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:25 am
@farmerman,
Get a gun at from the grocery store? I didn't realize that those types of stores had federal licenses to sell guns. Mind telling me what grocery stores sell guns?
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 11:42 am
@Baldimo,
WALMART
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 12:29 pm
@farmerman,
What types of weapons do you think they sell there? A vast majority of Walmarts have hunting rifles and maybe a few shotguns. They no longer sell handguns or other types of weapons.

Your narrative is really funny though. Get a gun and get even with everyone? Where do you guys come up with this stuff. The Navy shooting proved that it isn't the gun, it's the person. Too bad all you ant-gunners think we pro-gunners are like the crazies that shoot places up. What a joke!
parados

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 12:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Too bad all you ant-gunners think we pro-gunners

I think it's more likely pro-gunners like the Nuge would use a gun on ants.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 12:51 pm
@parados,
*anti-gunners.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 12:57 pm
@Baldimo,
It is indeed a joke as the areas of the nation with the highest homicide rates have some of the most restricted guns laws in the nation.

Instead of addressing the real reasons for high homicide rates, such as drug gangs and fairness for the lower classes as far as the income distributions and educational opportunities the anti gun nuts just wish to disarmed the citizens with legal firearms.

That work real real well in Mexico for example.

To say nothing to get mental health counseling to such people as the Navy Yard shooter before he became the Navy yard shooter.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
What types of weapons do you think they sell there? A vast majority of Walmarts have hunting rifles and maybe a few shotguns. They no longer sell handguns or other types of weapons.
You certainly haven't been to a Walmart recently:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps0afa424f.jpghttp://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/b_zps82c584d6.jpghttp://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps493401d6.jpg ... ... ...
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hey Walter do you have any real links for these things? All the links drop to a photo bucket page. The fact being, I don't see the problem with Walmart selling guns, Kmart used to do the same thing. Besides Walmart isn't a grocery store, they didn't start doing real food until the last decade or so. Then you have to go to a Walmart Super Center to get the grocery side.

Yeah I go to Walmart about twice a month, and I was working for Walmart in CA back in the mid- 90's when they stopped doing gun sales. In fact I used to work in the sporting good dept and was the one who called into the FBI background check line to process the checks.

I stand partially corrected, some Walmarts still sell regular guns but I'm guessing they are few and far between. It seems they are sold in stores only and not on the web. Besides what the hang up?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Hey Walter do you have any real links for these things? All the links drop to a photo bucket page.
Walmart website
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
The fact being, I don't see the problem with Walmart selling guns, Kmart used to do the same thing. Besides Walmart isn't a grocery store, they didn't start doing real food until the last decade or so. Then you have to go to a Walmart Super Center to get the grocery side.

You wrote:
A vast majority of Walmarts have hunting rifles and maybe a few shotguns. They no longer sell handguns or other types of weapons.
And I just looked up what they sell.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Where do you guys come up with this stuff. The Navy shooting proved that it isn't the gun, it's the person.
Golly, can a nut without a gun shoot people with a loaded finger? Dayum. Gives a new meaning to "Majik Fingers"

Quote:
What types of weapons do you think they sell there?
Your challenge was to name a grocery that sells guns. Satisfied? I think you just cant stand being WR Wr WR Wr ....wrong

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 01:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
A BB gun is not a handgun in the US at least!!!!!!!

They do not sell handguns.

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps493401d6.jpg