... it's the effort you're making that gives your life purpose. So you just answered your own question.
Although the idea is not entirely bad, my life purpose in not to look for the purpose of life.
We all have some observations (both our own and on the people around us) about what the puprose of life might be:
- to make as much money as possible ... with no view to the consequences
- to make as many children as you can throughout your active period (and who, how and when is going to feed and dress and educate them - this is not your problem - it is problem of the society)
- to pile as many things in the house as you can (without considering that owing to the furniture and the junk virtualy there is no space to live)
- to buy as many books ... and CDs as you can, notwithstanding that you have no time to read even 10% of them
- to drive as big SUV as can pass through the gate of the yard (without consideration of the air pollution and the financially ruinous maintenance)
- to read as many horoscopes in the newspapers ... and on the TV as you are offfered (without consideration how much retard this can make you with the time), etc., etc.
IMV the idea of life is to raise your own standard of living ... and that of your heirs eventually, but obviously these things are not that easy to be done and made.
The very moment you ignite the engine of the SUV the quality of the air in the garden starts falling, the very moment you put a big section on the wall the living space is reduced in half, two days after you throw the fial of the motor oil in the flowers (as an expression of your free will) they are gone, the very moment you collect the money of the population the people remain without current cash and cannot be the customers of your business as usual ... and the profits go south.
Without co-ordination of the purposes of the people in a given community for example all the attempts to raise the individual standard of living range from poor ... to meaningless.