Why are we here?

Herald

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 04:10 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
Paranoia will destroy ya
     One should not be afraid of the paranoia. When 20 m of snow overwhelms in the residential quarter the paranoia will grow into hysteria. It will not remain paranoia forever.
FBM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 04:34 am
@Herald,
Are the alien/ILF/gods going to save us, or are they going to leave us to rot?
argome321

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 05:13 am
@Herald,
Quote:
So far so good, but perhaps you will have to prove that it is really 'paranoia' and nothing else.
You will have to prove that the irresponsible pumping out into to the air to infinity of CO2 is not a threat to the economic and social development and the future of the biosphere on the planet.
That any concentration of CO2 into the air is not dangerous to the human health. For further details you may see: http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSDS/carbon_dioxide.pdf
That the threat for acidification of the ocean is 'irrational thinking' without any justification in the real world. You will have to prove that the ocean has not been acidified from pH 8.25 to pH 8,1 in the last few years only.
You will have to prove that this claim is not a delusion. That the average annual CO2 for the planet has not been increased from 390 ppm to 440 ppm in the last few years, and that the acidification of everything is absolutely safe to the biosphere and to the future of us and our folowers.
That the people excavating tar sands at production costs of USD 1.20 to produce oil at a price USD 1.00 by using for the production process of oil 23% more carbon emissions in comparison to conventional oil drills are 'economic geniuses' ... and are not the most irresponsible personalities on all indicators and for any age, etc.

Rolling Eyes

Becareful, the men in white coats will be coming for you. Wink Razz
Herald

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 07:22 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
A ... or are they going to leave us to rot?
     Nobody will save us - the Modern Money Mechanics will finish us all ... sooner than expected.
Herald

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 07:27 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
Becareful, the men in white coats will be coming for you.
     This is not your problem. If you are pleased to drink water with As and CH4, and to eat fish with bumps - what am I supposed to do.
     BTW, what is the marginal concentration of CO2 into the air that will start sending your metabolism into the Dimension X?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 07:36 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

FBM wrote:
A ... or are they going to leave us to rot?
     Nobody will save us - the Modern Money Mechanics will finish us all ... sooner than expected.

It is unexpected to me that you and I might somewhat agree on something. The growth-based system of global economics seems to me to be ultimately responsible for anthropogenic global warming. There are reputable scientists who say that we're past the tipping point already, and that nothing we do will reverse the warming trend and the climatory consequences of it. I'm not proclaiming the End Times or anything of the sort, but it does seem like our children and/or grandchildren are going to have to live with a whole new set of challenges than the ones we were born into.
Herald

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 07:54 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
It is unexpected to me that you and I might somewhat agree on something. The growth-based system of global economics seems to me to be ultimately responsible for anthropogenic global warming.
     It is and even how. Actually the growth-based system relying on the increase of consumption is not so dangerous as the Modern Money Mechanics, which delivers the money into the hands of the most unscrupulous, most irresponsible, most corrupted officials and having contributed nothing to the social and economic welfare individuals. I know your attitude towards the contradictions, but this contradiction of glaring social injustice by design cannot remain unrewarded for too long.
FBM wrote:
There are reputable scientists who say that we're past the tipping point already, and that nothing we do will reverse the warming trend and the climatory consequences of it.
     We don't need to revert it. Stopping it and balancing the recycling capacity of the planet with the negative effect of the anthropogenic performances would be more than enough. The idea is not to worsen the chances for recovery, but to fix the things as they are. If we balance the recycling of CO2 at zero rate of increase right now this will provide us with unlimited time for thinking over the things and for solving the problem.
FBM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 04:30 pm
@Herald,
If by Modern Money Mechanics you mean macroeconomics, then yes, that seems to be the root of the problem. Ultimately, of course, it boils down to basic, unbridled human greed on the part of a few key individuals. Greed for not only money and the things it can buy, but greed for power and prestige, coupled with a fatal disregard for the ecosystem as a whole and future generations of our own species.

If this report is accurate, we still have some options to mitigate the already ongoing effects: http://www.un.org/climatechange/blog/2014/11/climate-change-threatens-irreversible-dangerous-impacts-options-exist-limit-effects/

Quote:
Climate change threatens irreversible and dangerous impacts, but options exist to limit its effects

IPCC PRESS RELEASE

COPENHAGEN, Nov 2 – Human influence on the climate system is clear and growing, with impacts observed on all continents. If left unchecked, climate change will increase the likelihood of severe, pervasive and irreversible impacts for people and ecosystems. However, options are available to adapt to climate change and implementing stringent mitigations activities can ensure that the impacts of climate change remain within a manageable range, creating a brighter and more sustainable future.

These are among the key findings of the Synthesis Report released by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on Sunday. The Synthesis Report distils and integrates the findings of the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report produced by over 800 scientists and released over the past 13 months – the most comprehensive assessment of climate change ever undertaken.

“We have the means to limit climate change,” said R. K. Pachauri, Chair of the IPCC. “The solutions are many and allow for continued economic and human development. All we need is the will to change, which we trust will be motivated by knowledge and an understanding of the science of climate change.”
Herald

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 09:21 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
If by Modern Money Mechanics you mean macroeconomics
     No, Modern Money Mechanics is special mechanism for banking - document with know how, providing detailed instructions to the easy-makers all over the world how to rob the population on the spot and to deliver the money in the most stupid way to the top designers of the MMMs.
     MMMs provides the banks with the absolute right to give loans to the population without having the money by a guarantee by the loanee (money as debt); it provides exclusive rights to some states to have 17 T piles of debts with no intention to ever return it.
     Yet, this thread is not about MMMs. If you are so interested in the issue you may open a new thread and 'you will see what you will see'.
FBM wrote:
Ultimately, of course, it boils down to basic, unbridled human greed on the part of a few key individuals. Greed for not only money and the things it can buy, but greed for power and prestige, coupled with a fatal disregard for the ecosystem as a whole and future generations of our own species.
     Something like that, ... and it is not true that nothing can be done on the issue - everything can be done,a lot of things can be done right now, like for example mass media situational awareness of the real causes of the climate and health problems.
     I am not sure that the event horizon is for our children - it will be in our time.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:17 am
@Herald,
Quote:
Can one believe both in Money and in God?

You're probably long gone, but why would you ask that?

Even if you're a bible thump'n Christian, King Solomon, surely one of the wisest and richest believers who ever lived said to "Eat, drink and be merry" and that it is only right that he would " enjoy the fruits of his labor".
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:39 am
Because we can't to not not be...
0 Replies